• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

ryanjames' mods-Civilisations, small and large

Just looked in the OP, and I think I might have an idea of what the mystery civ is. I'll be extremely hyped if my guess turns out to be correct in any way.

That said, I'm also looking forward to the release of Brunei and the Toltec civs - have you posted their design anywhere in this thread yet?

Just looked in the OP, and I think I might have an idea of what the mystery civ is. I'll be extremely hyped if my guess turns out to be correct in any way.

That said, I'm also looking forward to the release of Brunei and the Toltec civs - have you posted their design anywhere in this thread yet?

Brunei, led by Bolkiah (not the current monarch)

UA-"Darussalam"

"+2 gold from outgoing trade routes per source of oil worked by the origin city. Naval units have a 33% chance of being able to sell exotic goods."

UU-"Sea Nomad"

Replaces the caravel, weaker, and has only 3 movement points, but it's much cheaper to build. It gains the prize ships promotion and travels twice as fast along the coast.

UI-"Kampong Ayer"

Unlocked at compass, only buildable on flat coastal tiles. +1 food and +1 culture, +1 gold at navigation. Yields a small amount of gold every time a cargo ship passes adjacent to it. +25% defense.

The Toltecs, led by Xochitl

UA-"Among the reeds"

"Great works of art in a city increase military production by 5%. Earn great artist points from kills."

UB-"Tzompantli"

Replaces the garden, does not require fresh water and has two slots for great works of art. 25% GP generation. Yields extra XP when the slots are filled.

UI-"Atlantl"

Unlocked at chivalry, +1 culture, +1 gold, +1 xp and +1 GA point when worked. Only buildable on cleared terrain.

I haven't fully got the Toltec yields sorted out, I don't know whether the UI is balanced or not at this point

Brunei, led by Bolkiah (not the current monarch)

UA-"Darussalam"

"+2 gold from outgoing trade routes per source of oil worked by the origin city. Naval units have a 33% chance of being able to sell exotic goods."

UU-"Sea Nomad"

Replaces the caravel, weaker, and has only 3 movement points, but it's much cheaper to build. It gains the prize ships promotion and travels twice as fast along the coast.

UI-"Kampong Ayer"

Unlocked at compass, only buildable on flat coastal tiles. +1 food and +1 culture, +1 gold at navigation. Yields a small amount of gold every time a cargo ship passes adjacent to it. +25% defense.

The Toltecs, led by Xochitl

UA-"Among the reeds"

"Great works of art in a city increase military production by 5%. Earn great artist points from kills."

UB-"Tzompantli"

Replaces the garden, does not require fresh water and has two slots for great works of art. 25% GP generation. Yields extra XP when the slots are filled.

UI-"Atlantl"

Unlocked at chivalry, +1 culture, +1 gold, +1 xp and +1 GA point when worked. Only buildable on cleared terrain.

I haven't fully got the Toltec yields sorted out, I don't know whether the UI is balanced or not at this point

Honestly the UI is or isn't depending on where the exact spawn location is or whether it's Start Bias favors it heavily.

I am also here to complain why you've made me like the Isle of Mann so much after playing the mod and doing research on it, I'm supposed to be Eurocentric not being infatuated with small developing autonomous region in the Britain whose independency should recognized more.

Honestly the UI is or isn't depending on where the exact spawn location is or whether it's Start Bias favors it heavily.

I am also here to complain why you've made me like the Isle of Mann so much after playing the mod and doing research on it, I'm supposed to be Eurocentric not being infatuated with small developing autonomous region in the Britain whose independency should recognized more.

Yeah, I'm thinking I should probably restrict the places where you can build it more, the start bias will likely be hills, the Capital, Tula is based in the less forested Mexican highlands.

Haha, well, you should be complaining to Calcul8or, technically he made the mod, I just designed it/inspired it, which then prompted me to become a proper modder myself :)

Yeah, I'm thinking I should probably restrict the places where you can build it more, the start bias will likely be hills, the Capital, Tula is based in the less forested Mexican highlands.

Haha, well, you should be complaining to Calcul8or, technically he made the mod, I just designed it/inspired it, which then prompted me to become a proper modder myself :)

Honestly, I feel that regardless of how many you can spam (in regards to the UI) 1 XP is still possibly too small to be noticed. If you plan on restricting it a tad more, perhaps buff the XP yield to 5?

Honestly, I feel that regardless of how many you can spam (in regards to the UI) 1 XP is still possibly too small to be noticed. If you plan on restricting it a tad more, perhaps buff the XP yield to 5?

I'll think of something

Does anyone have any suggestions for what music set I should give the Cumans?

The architecture will be Asian, however I don't really want to give them the Asian music set as it sounds very Chinese/Indian/Japanese, and not very suitable for a Steppe civ. I'm thinking of giving them the European set as it is more generic, and the Cumans were very europeanised, especially when they settled in Hungary and other parts of the Balkans, and before that they became increasingly slavicised .

Suggestions?

Has there been anyway to give some sort of mix between Europe and Asia, this is one of possible way I imagine it being:
this music here

Oh, by music I mean generic music sets, for clarification I have peace and war themes.

Also, thanks Caesar

Does anyone have any suggestions for what music set I should give the Cumans?

The architecture will be Asian, however I don't really want to give them the Asian music set as it sounds very Chinese/Indian/Japanese, and not very suitable for a Steppe civ. I'm thinking of giving them the European set as it is more generic, and the Cumans were very europeanised, especially when they settled in Hungary and other parts of the Balkans, and before that they became increasingly slavicised .

Suggestions?

tbh Middle Eastern, European or Polynesian architecture styles all make more sense than Asian for most steppe peoples, especially the Cumans.

Oh yeah, derp. When we were talking about this yesterday, when I said asian architecture I meant middle eastern. Sorry. Middle eastern architecture, definitely. Or polynesian, you don't see that often.

Hmm, I'm not sure if middle eastern would work either, this is a sketch of a Cuman camp

Spoiler :

So, the Asian one could work, I see how a middle eastern one might for some but it wouldn't for the Cumans, the Polynesian one also, might work? But again I'm not so sure. The european set could also work, seeing as though, as I said, they were increasingly slavicised, though I think that even to this day some of the descendants still live in traditional huts.

It appears as though I am without a leader scene for the Cherokee, or more specifically, people who have the means neccersary to create one. This is, rather annoying as the Cherokee need this and events and decisions (which is in the works) and then they're finished, but the mod has already been delayed for longer than I'd like it to be.

Is there anyone who is willing to create a Leader Scene for John Ross? I can at least provide a background.

Is there no-one who is available to help me with this? I am quite desperate at this point.

I can help find source material if someone else takes up the LH creation.

I can help find source material if someone else takes up the LH creation.

Hmm, you could do, COF said he'll help if I can simply find a good image of John Ross for him to edit with shadows etc. as opposed to creating a composite.

The issue is that there aren't really any usable images of John Ross.

I found a couple potential sources that would obviously need coloring, but do have shading:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom