Keeper of the HoF Annex
Hall of Fame Staff
Roster for PBEM SABER2

Cyc: ?
denyd: Vikings
Calis: Netherlands
Marsden: Byzantines.

Map maker: killercane.

2 AI will be invited. Not seeking other players, thanks.

Roster for PBEM SABER2

Cyc: ?
denyd: Vikings
Calis: Netherlands
Marsden: Byzantines.

Map maker: killercane.

2 AI will be invited. Not seeking other players, thanks.
Ok guys just wanted to get everyone's input. All I have right now is archipelago-ish or continents. Do you have ANY other requests or are you going to leave it to my discretion (which by the way, might be anything)?

It's good for me, I hope someone else shows up soon.

I have a couple of items I like to add to my PBEM games (if the players agree):

1. Change SoZ to minor wonder and require horses instead of ivory
2. Change Knights Templar to minor wonder and require iron
3. Allow AC to be built (40sh) at Mathematics
4. Allow Crusader to built (70sh) at Theology
5. Add an extra settler, worker & explorer to each tribe (with 100g)

A couple other fun things to consider Y-wrapping & upgrading barbarians to swords, AC & Privateers

If Calis changed from Dutch, I'd prefer them to the Vikings

I play if it's Continents. Never have liked the Islands game. Let me think of who I want to play.

I will play as Carthage and if Continents are used. 60% water sounds good also. :)

If we're switching back to continents, let me know as the Vikings/Dutch would not be my first choice

Hey, if you guys want to play the archipelago game, that's fine. I can sit this one out.

I can play archipelago, if you guys want one more...

I will join both continents AND archipelago. I'd just prefer archipelago, because it's barely played as PBEM.

I will keep the Netherlands...

A 60% archepelago is more like a continents game, that would be a good compromise. I've had 60% arch come out pangea because of the land bridges. But isn't the map already made? That's why we asked killercane, right? :crazyeye:

1. Change SoZ to minor wonder and require horses instead of ivory
2. Change Knights Templar to minor wonder and require iron
3. Allow AC to be built (40sh) at Mathematics
4. Allow Crusader to built (70sh) at Theology
5. Add an extra settler, worker & explorer to each tribe (with 100g)

A couple other fun things to consider Y-wrapping & upgrading barbarians to swords, AC & Privateers

1-4. As this is going to be a continents/archi map, I do not see much use in the wonder changes for SoZ and KT. But it's not that important to me.

5. I find that the Explorer takes much from the game, as it is intended (this is out of my experience from many recent games. Make it a scout at most).

And please not too many goody huts!

And the Y-wrapping I just find irritating. If we use the barbarians as then the option should be riaming at most.

Just my 2 cents

EDIT: crosspost with Marsden. If killerkane already has a map, let's start right away :)

Ok to start this one moving again, how about we agree to a 60% water Archipelago game? That'll play a lot like continents.

Ok to start this one moving again, how about we agree to a 60% water Archipelago game? That'll play a lot like continents.

I agree. Any time we're ready. :thumbsup:

Next up: Any rules set changes?

I've got a couple things, I don't think SoZ will be that powerful in this type game, so no changes there, but I'd like to allow Crusaders to be built with Theology (need iron). Also I'd like to add 1 Settler, 1 Worker & 1 Scout to the starting units, any objections or additions to these changes?

I did consider adding Berserks to everyone's build list to prevent the "Turtle Effect", any comments on that?

Why not crusaders with Chivalry? Otherwise, no problems. Extras or not, as long as we all get them I'm fine with it, same thing with berserks, but does this mean we don't get longbows?

Extras or not, as long as we all get them I'm fine with it, same thing with berserks, but does this mean we don't get longbows?
You still get Longbows, it's just that Archers upgrade Longbows not Berserks, which was kind of a silly upgrade anyway. Just cause you can use a bow, doesn't mean you can wield a 2-Handed Battle Axe.

The Crusaders with Theology was more that they were more Religious based than Honor based units, which is why I didn't put them with Chivalry.

I thought because you didn't want to research the optional.

I can put it together whenever you guys would like. Please summarize your consensus on settings and rule changes in one post, and pm me your civ and what password you would like.

Top Bottom