"same color crash" is keeping on happening.

tuxu

We are BTS!!!!
hi people and thx for reading.

the term "same color crash" refers to a situation where to unrelated civs have the same color even though they're not in the same team.
I'm sorry if i sound to presumptuous but i needed a name to the problem...:blush:

I bought a new PC and its running fine, the PC is not the problem, however i needed to install civ4+BTS+3.17+FFH2 all over again so i might messed it up somehow.

what happens is that i set an 18civ game on a huge map with Tectonics as a map creator.
this is the 1st time that i was actually able to do it because of my new computer so i was surprised to find out that if i place to much civs in 1 game there isn't enough colors for each to have and at least 1 color is repeating it self.

in my game i was playing the Inca [say, turn 58] and among the civs i had diplomatic contacts were the Ethiopians, after a few turns i have discovered the ottomans, which had the same color and my game crashed.
I though that it was a weired twist of fate and loaded the autosave of turn 57 and waited with the discovery, the game didn't crash.
i boldly moved my scout towards the land of the dark green, to find the ottoman border, alas, when i did my game CTD, again.

i didn't knew that it were the ottomans that applied the CTD bomb against my poor PC so i reloaded the game[turn 57] and switched the world editor, i thought i would crash but not, i checked the place i was trying to reveal on the map and came to know what i am telling you now, it were the ottomans and they had the same color as the Ethiopian civilization, dark green.

since i felt like i had nothing to lose i switched off the world editor and disbanded the scout.
I've built a new one and sent him to find the ottomans, CTD all over again.

when ever the game has to deal with the players' diplomatic status with two different civs with the same color, it crashes.

FFH2 runs like magic with all the civs and all the leaders on the map!!! no crashes at all so it's gotta be BTS.

I WANT TO PLAY WITH AS MUCH CIVS AS I CAN IN ONE GAME, why can't I?:confused:

thank you.

EDIT:

I applied the 3.17 patch again, just in case. - it didn't work i still crash from the same reason.

Top Bottom