[Scenario] Earth January 1942

Btw, I noticed that the AI is prefering building Broadcast Towers + Arsenals (atleast in 75% of cities). Especially the latter seems to be a waste of production-time. Maybe you can consider lowering the production costs for those buildings if you cannot prevent the AI from building them ;-)

Hi Gedemon,

it is a great scenario. I played until 1943, January. Since December 1942 I got graphic issues over many tiles (mainly they are just black color) and I can not see the terrain without switching into other modes.

Also the save game function does not work, so when I exited and tried to load the quick save, it did work and graphics have been corrected.
So I am happy to play another round.

For the balance, I played random leader and drew Germany, on Prince. initially a hard fight with the Russians around Moskva, but once taken, it was easy. By 1943 January, I took all Russian cities until after the Ural Mountains.

I also took England completely, and sank all ships in the mid & atlantic by keeping the "U-Boots" grouped together. Diplomacy is kind of lacking, as the smallest gift amount to any City state is 100,000 gold (for 16,000 influence), while my gold only grew at ~250-500 a turn.

by 1943 Jan, Japan has taken all of China but 2 Cities. The Americans just took Sengai, and are likely to take the whole mainland, as Japan has taken all APAC and got their troops down in Australia already (Darwin taken).

Italy is kind of passive, lost a city in Africa and got a small fleet at Sea. noting besides that really.

by 1943 Jan, Axis got 1900 points (1100 Germany), while Allies are down to 1400"s.

Again, great scenario.
Turn time is acceptable and no issue to me, but to be fair I got a strong PC (4 cores, 12gb RAM).

Best Regards,
Jack

I think I found another bug:

I was playing as Japan and had a Medium+Large Air Factory in Tokyo and still wasn't able to produce Bombers. Any idea why ?

Btw, I noticed that the AI is prefering building Broadcast Towers + Arsenals (atleast in 75% of cities). Especially the latter seems to be a waste of production-time. Maybe you can consider lowering the production costs for those buildings if you cannot prevent the AI from building them ;-)

Ya, that is a generic problem I actually gave most AI cities buildings to start with so I would get rid of that as best I could. Seems like I should give them more.

I think I found another bug:

I was playing as Japan and had a Medium+Large Air Factory in Tokyo and still wasn't able to produce Bombers. Any idea why ?

Ill have to look into that I would guess the Japanese bomber hasn't been defined correctly.

EDIT: Found it thanks for pointing it out. It will be fixed in next versian :)

and @ Jack, I'm glad you liked it. Ill check the Saved Game reference. The black tile thing I have ran into before however it would be one or two tiles that were black, I don't know if the game cannot process the map or what.

No problem ! I think its regarding all the aircrafts if I remember right. When do you plan to resease the next version ?

When I try to load the scenario, the game crashes to desktop during the loading. I can hear the radio speech but the screen goes black and an error message is shown. Also happens with the 1939 scenario but I can move a couple of units around before crashing.

my game hangs at tern 44. I can reload via the quick saved game, but it keeps hanging there... :(.

I will start again with next version.

When I try to load the scenario, the game crashes to desktop during the loading. I can hear the radio speech but the screen goes black and an error message is shown. Also happens with the 1939 scenario but I can move a couple of units around before crashing.

That is wierd, do you play it with dx10/11 or with dx9?

my game hangs at tern 44. I can reload via the quick saved game, but it keeps hanging there... :(.

I will start again with next version.

Do you have No_Suicide_Attack set to true?

The no jap bombers seems like a big miss, can you make a hotfix just for that? So we don't have to wait til v.11 + I don't want to start over my Japanese game ;p

^Its actually quite easy, since it's only a small bit go into MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 10)\Lua\Earth1942, and open up the 1942defines.lua. You can open it with mod buddy. Then scroll down to g_Major_Units or you can use the find tool and type in "g_Major_Units". In g_Major_Units look for Japan's list of available units and change JP_BOMBER to JP_KI21, which should let you build bombers.

Hope that makes since, if you can't figure it out post the 1942defines file here and ill change it for you. I would do it but I have changed too many things in my own file for v.11 . :)

^Its actually quite easy, since it's only a small bit go into MODS\R.E.D. WWII Edition (v 10)\Lua\Earth1942, and open up the 1942defines.lua. You can open it with mod buddy. Then scroll down to g_Major_Units or you can use the find tool and type in "g_Major_Units". In g_Major_Units look for Japan's list of available units and change JP_BOMBER to JP_KI21, which should let you build bombers.

Hope that makes since, if you can't figure it out post the 1942defines file here and ill change it for you. I would do it but I have changed too many things in my own file for v.11 . :)

Ok I will try, thanks for the instructions ;)

I think my CiV uses Dx9 as I'm playing on XP. I'm not sure though, where can I check it?

Well I use dx10/11 and I know that there were a few people having problems with the mod in the other thread because of the Dx9. At least for me I get the option between dx9 or dx10/11 but I don't know if XP gets that choice.

Unit ratio problem that was on Gedemons scenario seem to be active here, I was creating battleships and suddenly I can't create anymore.

Also the bomber fix didn't work, did exactly as you instructed

I have Windows 7 and can only choose Direct 9 (10-11 won´t even let CiV start).

I will try this schenario. Can you add greece in later versions?

Greece was occupied before the invasion of the USSR started. It could play a role from 1944 onwards, following Axis defeats in the USSR. (Yugoslavia might be a better choice though, since the partizans there were a source of trouble all through the war and eventually liberated their country.)

Unit ratio problem that was on Gedemons scenario seem to be active here, I was creating battleships and suddenly I can't create anymore.

Also the bomber fix didn't work, did exactly as you instructed

There is a limit on the amount of battleships you can build. Is that what you mean?

It's possible it won't work with a saved game like that.

There is a limit on the amount of battleships you can build. Is that what you mean?

It's possible it won't work with a saved game like that.

Ah, will try a new game and see if it works...

I'm also not able to build anymore artillery, I'm confused... Didn't know there was a limit on the amount of battle ships =)

Top Bottom