Scenario - Italyization

:goodjob: nice.

I have no time to play, but i had a look at it, and the big question for me is: How is your great person system working?
This seems really interesting, and i cannot try it out with the worldbuilder.

For the rabbit-resource: Look here. You can use it as a resource (i also do it), just assign the .nif and .kfm like for a unit in the .xml.

The added units are nice :goodjob:.
And :wow:, what work with the pedia-texts.

Other question: How much do you want to change? Will the tech-tree be reworked, will there be bigger changes in the units?

Small bug:
- It seems, that some leaders are missing a eyeshadow.dds.

leaders and eyeshadow.dds: leaderheads are not my work, every leaderhead is either the original or downloaded from these forums (source n.1: Ekmek, of course!!!).

great person: points are added up based on settings in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file. If you want to try some, decrease the needed points to get a great person (set by NEEDED_GREAT_HERO_POINTS), and increase the points gained by each factor (set by the several GREAT_HERO_xxxxx_FACTOR). Just remember, the current settings seem to work fine, I suggest to change them only for tests.

Next releases: I am not going to add units or change the tech tree. At least, this is my idea at the moment. Perhaps the only changes will be some new screens (I'm working at a couple of new ones), some bug-fixing and some little adjustments. I was also thinking at some particular event triggered when you defeat a Great General unit....

By the way, I've discovered a bug that can crash the game when units move near the edge of the map during a war. Resolved, but I'll release it later.

About a map of Italy.... well, it's a good point!! :) I know a scenario can be set to always load a premade map, but I'm not sure I can let the player choose between both scripted and premade maps at the game start. Perhaps this could take a little longer.... any help is welcome.

leaders and eyeshadow.dds: leaderheads are not my work, every leaderhead is either the original or downloaded from these forums (source n.1: Ekmek, of course!!!).

I know :), but you should check the files, or ask the artists.

great person: points are added up based on settings in the GlobalDefinesAlt.xml file. If you want to try some, decrease the needed points to get a great person (set by NEEDED_GREAT_HERO_POINTS), and increase the points gained by each factor (set by the several GREAT_HERO_xxxxx_FACTOR). Just remember, the current settings seem to work fine, I suggest to change them only for tests.

I'll try it out :).
You should add some screenshots of these special features to the starting post!!!

Next releases: I am not going to add units or change the tech tree. At least, this is my idea at the moment. Perhaps the only changes will be some new screens (I'm working at a couple of new ones), some bug-fixing and some little adjustments. I was also thinking at some particular event triggered when you defeat a Great General unit....

Good ideas :).

By the way, I've discovered a bug that can crash the game when units move near the edge of the map during a war. Resolved, but I'll release it later.

Mod-related bug or BtS bug?

I'm going to release a final version in a couple of weeks.
These are the main differences from the beta:
- an Italy scenario, with a huge detailed map!!
- possibility to use Great People to get points toward Illustrios Personalities
- a new screen: very similar to the Military Advisor of BUG mod (it says the risks from every rival, his military advantages, etc)
- a new screen, which replaces the Statistics screen, and shows general statistics for units (nr of wins and loses, best odds, most unlucky loses, most lucky wins, etc), and compares units loses between each rival (eg.: "you killed two archers and a warrior to Caesar, and he killed thee chariots of yours").
- a lot of game balancing
- a lot of bug fixing

Update.
I'm going to post the final version next Friday (now it's quite stable, give me just the last days for testing!)

Here are the changes from the beta version:

- three new civilizations: Dukedom of Milan (leader: Gian Galeazzo Visconti), Samnites (leader: Gaius Pontius), Austrian Empire (leader: Franz Joseph)
- a new world wonder: the Riace Bronzes
- ancient starts now have something to build, other than units: cities can build wells, pile-dwellings, entertainer's huts, and fortune-teller's huts.
- an Italy scenario, with a huge detailed map!!
- possibility to use Great People to get points toward Illustrios Personalities
- a new screen: very similar to the Military Advisor of BUG mod (it says the risks from every rival, his military advantages, etc)
- a new screen, which replaces the Statistics screen, and shows general statistics for units (nr of wins and loses, best odds, most unlucky loses, most lucky wins, etc), and compares units loses between each rival (eg.: "you killed two archers and a warrior to Caesar, and he killed thee chariots of yours").
- a lot of game balancing
- a lot of bug fixing

This mod still misses (and it is NOT going to change in the future):
- proper graphics for some wonders (like the David, which uses the monument graphic)
- proper graphics for some resources (like the pheasant, which uses the beaver graphic)
- italian voices for the units
- proper calendar settings (each turn is 1 year; modern starts now end in something like 2150, at normal speed; a little odd, but different settings caused the game to crash, I haven't been able to solve that, so I leave it as it is)
- AI instructions on how to early rush a neighbour (maybe I'll release it as a separate modpack)

Nice things you've added :), for me especially the new screens (i hate GUI programming).
Are the new effects for the wonders and the illustrious people (nice, the Mausoleum of Galla Placida or Catherine of Siena) done in python or through your .dll?

i have civ4 bts (3.19), but when I load this mod the game crashes, why ?

Top Bottom