Scenarios

phos_hilaron

Warlord
So I'm the type that has never played a Scenario. I've played since Civ III and never once launched it...just didn't want to I guess. I was so caught up in the game that the historical stuff didn't...eh...it was dull.

I just finished Fall of Rome and I have to say, I really enjoyed it.

A nice change of pace for me personally.

What do you guys (& gals) think? Do you play scenarios?

do you like them?

What future scenarios would you like to see in other expansions?

I'd love to see a Colonial American scenario. Man, that would be great.

I love scenarios played and completed all the civ 5 one's except into the renaissance which I found dull. So I recommend scenarios.

Fall of Rome is among the best. It's the only one I've completed multiple times.

I agree with fuzzatron717: most of the CiV scenarios are at least interesting, but Into the Renaissance is the least so. Part of the problem may be that Into the Renaissance feels a lot like CKII to me (real-world start locations, battles over religion, etc.). Not a bad thing if you've never played CKII (Crusader Kings II). But overall, Into the Renaissance has the least interesting UU's, UA's, etc.

Smoky Skies is fun, but not overly long.

The Viking scenario is pretty good, but only really worth playing through as the invaders.

The scenario where you discover the new world and get points for doing various things is a lot of fun, but a tad on the easy side (even on levels above Prince).

The Viking scenario is pretty good, but only really worth playing through as the invaders.

i would second playing 1066 Scenario, but i prefered playing as the English (Anglo-Saxons?) and having to defend against the Vikings and Normans.

Play at a fairly hard difficulty setting and its a blast. :)

Fall of Rome is among the best. It's the only one I've completed multiple times.

i haven't tried the Rome one yet. is it better as one of the Roman civs or one of the invaders?

and which invader do you think is a good one to start on?

I played as Boudicca (I forget which civ they give her in the scenario, I'm not sure if it is the celts or not)...I liked it. I think it would be obnoxious (but harder?) to play as Rome.

I hardly ever play scenarios. I did play the Smoky Skies one and it wasn't bad, but I've only done it once.

I just find that the open-endedness of a random map and multiple victory conditions appealing strongly to my love of creating my own narrative.

Top Bottom