• None

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strider

In Retrospect
Which way do you want to grow with are science queue?

Science: Alphabet, Writing, Literature. Masonry, Math, Currency, Construction.

Government: (Peace) Alphabet, Writing, Code of Laws, Philoshiphy (tidbit- Latin for love of knowledge), Republic.

Goverment: (War) Warrior Code (HAVE) Cerimonial Burial, Mysticism, Polythesim, Monarchy.

Military: Bronze Working (HAVE), Iron Working, The Wheel, Warrior Code (HAVE), Horseback Riding.

I personal would want to go for science as lit provides libraries which is a key science & culture improvement.

as you all know i support a straight path to monarchy as it will remove the restrictions of a fifty percent worker deficit in efficiency. please support a straight path to monarchy.

I agree. The path to Monarchy.

I'd like to know whether we have any iron nearby before we commit to a specific science path. If we have access to iron then I would heartily support the monarchy route, but if we find ourselves in an iron-free zone then I believe that the wheel should be a priority.

As an aside, I hope that this was not intended as anything more than an informational poll, since it doesn't conform to the standards for polls of a binding nature ;)

You'd think so, and I do expect so, but I've played games on huge maps where I've had no iron nearby inspite of the terrain being extremely hilly and mountainous...

In a very rare moment, I abstain :eek:, since I just can't decide... :)

Originally posted by Eklektikos
I'd like to know whether we have any iron nearby before we commit to a specific science path. If we have access to iron then I would heartily support the monarchy route, but if we find ourselves in an iron-free zone then I believe that the wheel should be a priority.

As an aside, I hope that this was not intended as anything more than an informational poll, since it doesn't conform to the standards for polls of a binding nature ;)

It is an informational poll.....

Originally posted by Stuck_As_a_Mac
strider- thanks for using my work. i knew you needed it for some reason.

I was going to put Thanks to Stuck for this information ,but I guess I forgot about it :)

Originally posted by neutral leader
as you all know i support a straight path to monarchy as it will remove the restrictions of a fifty percent worker deficit in efficiency. please support a straight path to monarchy.

I still do not agree with this. If we get lit fast we could build library's in are bordor cities(if we have any) this will expand are terrority, science, and culture levels. Where monarcy will only last till we decide to change to a better goverment.

Right now I'm thinking of long term. Getting lit earlier will help us in the long run... Where monarcy doesn't even last half of the game.

people, can we see what is happening? we are falling behind in the tech race. we have discovered three opponents and all are technologicaly superior to us. If we run for the GL, we can reap its benifits quickly and become a power. How would you like to be attacking spearmen with calvary? If we follow the scientific path, I designed it to help us run for literature. thank god (do we have a god?) this poll is not binding and strider has the final say. we need to go for the GL to make sure that we are not the ones with the spearmen, but with the calvary.

By using the Monarchy route in tech research, and switching to the more advanced government of Monarchy quickly, we can stay in this form of government as long as we like. There will not be a great rush to go to the Republic when we find ourselves in constant war.

By using the Military strategy in the Wonder Race, (creating a strong military force and using it to obtain a great leader to build an Army, etc.), we can advance our store of knowledge through peace negotiations as well as using captured cities to increase our commerce, and therefore our Science. With a great leader ready to rush the Great Library when we get to Fanatikan Lit., our Science level in the world will again advance. Plus building the Hanging Gardens will make our people content, and this will lessen the load on the sci/lux rate. (I still think the HG is the only early Wonder we have a chance of BUILDING, besides the Heroic Epic, without the help of a great leader.)

So, IMO, the path to Monarchy is a win, win, win situation. Our Nations substructure, military, and science level all advance in 3 techs.

Originally posted by Cyc
By using the Monarchy route in tech research, and switching to the more advanced government of Monarchy quickly, we can stay in this form of government as long as we like. There will not be a great rush to go to the Republic when we find ourselves in constant war.

By using the Military strategy in the Wonder Race, (creating a strong military force and using it to obtain a great leader to build an Army, etc.), we can advance our store of knowledge through peace negotiations as well as using captured cities to increase our commerce, and therefore our Science. With a great leader ready to rush the Great Library when we get to Fanatikan Lit., our Science level in the world will again advance. Plus building the Hanging Gardens will make our people content, and this will lessen the load on the sci/lux rate. (I still think the HG is the only early Wonder we have a chance of BUILDING, besides the Heroic Epic, without the help of a great leader.)

So, IMO, the path to Monarchy is a win, win, win situation. Our Nations substructure, military, and science level all advance in 3 techs.

It's not a win, win, win sitution.... Their is alot of "if's" in their. In my opinion it's far to risky.

Obtaining a great leader is a big MAYBE. What if we don't get one? What if we get are butt's kicked? Also I agree with stuck.... Military strength comes through scientific advantage. Which we won't have anytime soon in the monarcy path. Also your forgeting a lesson we should have learned in the last demogame. We were lucky to win the domino wars. Even are Immortals would not have been enough in most cases. What if we face that challange again?? We do not have immortals to help us fight the wars.. We have the same units as everyone else has.

Top Bottom