Science Recommendations 900

TimTheEnchanter

I...am...an Enchanter!
The science Ministry has two major recommendations. The reasons for these recommendations are discussed in more detail below.

1 - Recommended Research path:
Engineering (current)-Economics-Sanitation-Chemistry-Invention-Democracy.

2- Caravan Delivery:
Deliver the Doughnutia Gold to Regia Fanatica instead of dumping it into a wonder.

Discussion:

Research path
Based on recent polling, our priorities are Sanitation, Democracy, and Economics

However, because of the penalty on caravan delivery bonuses upon completion of Invention or Navigation, I recommend the following research order:

Engineering (current)-Economics-Sanitation-Chemistry-Invention-Democracy.

If we research Sanitation immediately after Engineering, we will not be given a choice of Economics as the next tech after that, speeding the discovery of invention and thus reducing our caravan payments. If we research economics next, we can then choose Sanitation. After Sanitation, Invention would not be offered, but Chemistry represents a rather benign tech we can research with very few negative consequences on delivery payments

After that, we can push for Invention and Democracy.

While further research and polling will be needed, the science ministry could see a path beyond Democracy to perhaps look something like this: Navigation, Physics, Gunpowder, Magnetism, Explosives. Reseaching feudalism and theology are also possibilities around this time.

Caravan Deliveries
The science ministry recommends that the Doughnutia Gold caravan NOT be used in building a wonder. Delivery to Delhi is a possibility, although that will take a long time to get there.

Instead, we recommend that the Gold be delivered to Regia Fanatica. Even though it is an internal, same continent delivery the gold multiplier is high enough and there is enough trade in the two cities (when maxed out) to produce a payment of around 200g/b. The 200g is equal in value to rushing 50s on a wonder, plus we get the beakers and a valuable trade route in RF.

This plan sounds all right. If we RB the caravan in LC, we can replace the gold caravan when it comes to completing Isaac's.

Originally posted by TimTheEnchanter
After that, we can push for Invention and Democracy.

While further research and polling will be needed, the science ministry could see a path beyond Democracy to perhaps look something like this: Navigation, Physics, Gunpowder, Magnetism, Explosives. Reseaching feudalism and theology are also possibilities around this time.
IMO theology should a very high priority tech once we become a democracy. Building Bach enables us to have some units outside of our cities without problems. We will not be able to build galleons until a significant number of turns after we become a democracy but we'll still need to ferry caravans around.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'll want to reevaluate the post-democracy stuff with another poll, anyway. I realized I had left Theology out of that list, but didn't want to go through the trouble of rebuilding the list with it in there, so I just mentioned it as an afterthought.

Top Bottom