Science Victory for Brazil

Zak Kizer

Chieftain
I'm playing as Brazil, and my ultimate goal is to win a Science Victory. Got any tips?

I'm playing as Brazil, and my ultimate goal is to win a Science Victory. Got any tips?

Great Scientists (especially Kwolek and Sagan combo) are important for a fast win. Brazil's ability help with that (though Carnivals don't); 20% discount on a Information Era GP is a considerable amount of points.

Also, the Rainforest adjacency bonuses are among the best in the game, use them wisely. Street Carnivals will help if you run into amenity problems, though that's not often the case.

And if there's a runaway civ, use your Minas Geraes to blast them to smithereens! Battleships are already known for their deadly 3-tile ranged attacks, and Minas Geraes have even higher strength and are unlocked earlier.

Rainforest starts usually lack production, so building a Spaceport and completing space projects is going to be a slog unless you find a way to supplement your production. On the other hand, food typically abundant in cities in rainforests. To help offset the former and take advantage of the latter I'd get a religion with Work Ethic and grow the cities with Spaceports as tall as possible. A few well-placed Holy Sites with Sacred Path can also aid in the patronage of Great Scientists and Engineers.

Top Bottom