Scoreboard is gone

brianb1974

Warlord
I'm not sure if this is a BUG problem or a general civ problem.

My scoreboard is gone--not just minimized to my score only--completely gone. I can't find a hotkey or option anywhere that makes the scoreboard go away entirely. I really need it back. Starting a new game or rebooting the computer doesn't help.

Anyone know what I did to make this happen and how to fix it?

Thanks

you have been modifying files insie CustomAssets?

Try uninstalling BUG, removing the settings files, and running BTS without it. If that works, it was something in bug causing a problem. Reinstall a fresh install of BUG and things should be working fine.

I haven't (intentionally at least) done anything to custom assets. But I will do what you suggest.

brianb1974,

In the main civ game there is a button which can hide the score. Just left of the "Show Resources" button is a "Toggle Score Display" button. IIRC it has 3 toggles, show everybody, show you, and show nothing. Regardless if you haven't already tried this, it is probably the first step.

That button is probably the culprit. It actually only toggles on and off. You click on your own name to switch between showing everyone and only yourself. Gotta love intuitive interfaces! :mischief:

I reinstalled BUG and it made no difference. The problem persists even without BUG. And my name is gone, too, so I can't click on it. This is seriously weird. Not sure what to do short of a complete reinstall.

I reinstalled BUG and it made no difference. The problem persists even without BUG. And my name is gone, too, so I can't click on it. This is seriously weird. Not sure what to do short of a complete reinstall.

Did you do as Kesshi said? There's a "hide/show scores" button in the row of buttons just above the minimap. It's the second from the right, a little white paper with a red check on it IIRC. If you hover over it, it will say what it does.

I haven't tried Keshii's button yet. This sounds like exactly what my problem is. I will try it as soon as I get home.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Top Bottom