Scouts make Peace?

searcheagle

Emperor
I've played C3C for quite some time and for exploring purposes I had used warrior units because of their A/D strength. However, I was playing a mod and due to the cheapness of scouts, I built many scouts to explore. During which, I realized that I had much less problem with villiages turning out barbarians.

Now does anyone know if, I was just lucky, was it a result of playing a mod, or was it built into the game.

If you are expansionist, you can never get barbarians from huts.

The expansionist trait wouln't allow you to pop barbarians from huts, and IIRC, you also get an increased chance of a free Settler.

SuperBeaverInc. said:
The expansionist trait wouln't allow you to pop barbarians from huts, and IIRC, you also get an increased chance of a free Settler.

But you don't get a settler, just a city on the spot, right?

You can get Settlers. I have only ever gotten 1 free city, but many free Settlers.

It should be noted that if you don't have any military units you can't pop barbs from huts. A military unit is any unit with an attack greater than zero. So if you made a bunch of cheap scouts, and they have no attack value, you won't pop huts.

You'll also be a prime target for any AI civs you encounter as well.

Turner_727 said:
It should be noted that if you don't have any military units you can't pop barbs from huts. A military unit is any unit with an attack greater than zero. So if you made a bunch of cheap scouts, and they have no attack value, you won't pop huts.

You'll also be a prime target for any AI civs you encounter as well.

Thanks Turner and everyone else.

This was the first game I really used scouts and i was wondering about my stretch of "luck." Now I guess my "luck" was really due to the usefullness of the scout units. I guess they actually do have a purpose. You learn something new everyday.

watorrey said:
It was because you were expansionist not because of the scouts.

That may not be accurate. He said he was playing a mod. Some mods, such as DyP and RnR, allow anyone to build scouts. And then the expanionist scouts are beefed up. This could have been the case here.

So the question is then, was he playing an expansionist civ?

Top Bottom