Screenshot Problem

ArchyDarky

Warlord
Hey guys I keep having the game load an autosave whenever I attempt to take a screenshot by pressing f12. I use f12 since that's what steam uses and prtscn doesn't work on Civilizations for me for some reason. I've looked in the settings of Civ5 and can't find a way to disable that or modify the keyboard configuration. Is there some file where I can modify that? Anyone encountered this problem before?

If you are on a laptop you may want to check and make sure the F12 is not locked to function as another button.

Open up the drive you have steam and civ 5 installed on, go to steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization/assets/gameplay/xml/units. Edit CIV5commands, use find to look for f12, rebind it or delete it.

Could be a easier way to do this, but this is the only way I know how.

Open up the drive you have steam and civ 5 installed on, go to steam/steamapps/common/sid meier's civilization/assets/gameplay/xml/units. Edit CIV5commands, use find to look for f12, rebind it or delete it.

Could be a easier way to do this, but this is the only way I know how.

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. :)

Not on a laptop to person that said that.

Wow, just did it. At first it was strange since the file defaulted to infopath. I then opened it up in notepad instead and was able to find the key. It was in the file control instead of command though. Thanks a lot for the help Matsaucem :goodjob:

Top Bottom