Scrolling scoreboard

I forgotten at the moment where. But it should adjust to your resolution I would think. I did not think I changed the resolution in any way. But I might had done something when I changed it.

Anyway I don't know right now. I would have to look at it again. I will when I get the chance. Sorry.

I have not updated the file with the main interface changes yet in 3.19. But not hard to merge in the code changes. So should work but have not tried it yet. Thomas SG has his scoreboard in RevDCM as well.

I'm referring to the five at the top.
They dont fit, even if I scroll up: they end up being covered by the standard advisor icons.

If I simply had to scroll up to see them that would be fine, obviously.

That's why I wondered if you knew where to change the code to extend the space the scoreboard can scroll up, so that all 48 can fit in.

I have also encountered a similar problem when playing with 64 civs. I *think* what is happening is the scroll panel is hard coded to only allow a certain amount of text to fill it.

I am guessing it is only designed to hold around 1024 pixels and on a typical 1280 by 1024 screen you lose 300 pixels with the UI so the visible area is 724. If you notice, the scrollbar never changes size depending on the amount of other civs you meet. I am not sure if this can be changed in any way by looking at the library code where addScrollPanel is defined.

What I would suggest is looking in the CvMainInterface file for the def updateScoreStrings( self ): definition and just underneath that you will see iBtnHeight = 22. If you change iBtnHeight then you will compress more civs onto the scoreboard. I tried both 20 and 18 and even at 18 the scoreboard is perfectly readable and can fit on 60 civs.

Code:
def updateScoreStrings( self ):

screen = CyGInterfaceScreen( "MainInterface", CvScreenEnums.MAIN_INTERFACE )

xResolution = screen.getXResolution()
		yResolution = screen.getYResolution()

screen.hide( "ScoreBackground" )

for i in range( gc.getMAX_PLAYERS() ):
			szName = "ScoreText" + str(i)
			screen.hide( szName )

iWidth = 0
		iCount = 0
		[B]iBtnHeight = 18     # DutchTed - compress more civs onto the scoreboard[/B]

Hope that helps you out :)

DT

Top Bottom