Scrolling scoreboard

johny smith

Deity
I attempted to make a scrolling scoreboard and had some success anyway. You must though scroll down to see the leaders until the board is filled up more.

There is one line that can be changed to adjust how far the panel comes in horizontally. It is "self.ScoreboardHorzStart". This number is that it equals is how far from right of the screen it goes.

Well it could use some improvement perhaps, but at least it works.

Link to download.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=10972

Because this can be used alone. I never saw it working in CCV. And this you do not need BUG and Revolution. I could not dig through all of your code to extract the scrolling bar if it was there in what I had.

This is just small changes in the maininteface. Not a masterpiece of work.

If you can post your code I would love to see it so I can improve on what I made.

How easy is this to fold into other mods?

Its really a useful thing to have. Thanks for designing it.

Fixed the bug. It is easy to merge into the CvMainterface.py. Just look for "johny smith scrolling scoreboard" in the comments.

Thanks for the help.

I noticed that the last two amendments in the file have all the lines commented out. I assume we can just ignore those?

Okay, another question. Will the scrollbar show up from the beginning or does it show up once a certain number of lines are onscreen?

Thanks again.

Well that is why I said not perfect. It shows up from the very beginning. And I think I found one other wrong with it, but I have no clue how to fix it. You can still declare war with "Alt" and get the trade screen up with "Ctrl", but it seems like it less sensitive to the click with one of the buttons held down and over sensitive to just start the normal diplomacy screen. Anyway though you can always start talking normally.

Well I commented out for a reason to be safe, but maybe it is not needed. But it will not hurt anything if they are. At least I did not see anything wrong when I did comment them out. If I figure out anything new I mess with this again.

I still should have a stand alone version. If I haven't got we will ask dudjän at civforum.de. I made a mini mod for him in the past that only has got bigger maps, the scoreboard and attitude icons.

hi there. this is a 'rar' file. Can you please advise me how to open/ extract this, as my computer doesn't seem to understand?

question, is there a button i should be pressing? the scroll bar doesnt show up at all and i have like 25 civs in the game and in contact with them....ps i tried merging it with revdcm and bug, also i did it on stand alone, nothing appeared

Is there any way to expand the scoreboard?

On my mod, that includes 48 civs, about 5 dont manage to fit in.
I play with a resolution of 1280X800.

If you have any suggestion about what to edit I would really appreciate.

thanks,

T.

If you are referring to the five off the bottom of the screen till you scroll the bar then that is why I say not perfect.

That bugs me but I could not figure out a way around it.

And the clicking on the leader with alt or ctrl has some problems as well. I could not figure out any other way. Sorry.

If you are referring to the five off the bottom of the screen till you scroll the bar then that is why I say not perfect.

That bugs me but I could not figure out a way around it.

And the clicking on the leader with alt or ctrl has some problems as well. I could not figure out any other way. Sorry.

I'm referring to the five at the top.
They dont fit, even if I scroll up: they end up being covered by the standard advisor icons.

If I simply had to scroll up to see them that would be fine, obviously.

That's why I wondered if you knew where to change the code to extend the space the scoreboard can scroll up, so that all 48 can fit in.

Top Bottom