[SDK Civ IV WAR] Piece by Piece

I just installed Jzoc forts for my own mod im working on. If I see the AI using it, I will post something!!!!

Unit stack aid promotions (from Promotions & Perks by Zuul)
I talked to zuul earlier and TheLopez is taking over this project, so expect to see something on it soon in modcomponents.

Fair Start -- No STARTING bonuses for AI at all difficulty levels. So all civs start with Settler, Warrior and Worker, and without any free techs. Also no free techs from Goody Huts for both AI and human.

Easy enough to do, its a simple XML edit each difficulty level determines what bonus has a chance to appear after a hut pop. CIV4HandicapInfo.xml
as far as what controls the starting tech and what controls what units you start with on a random map that much I have not dug into.

I like disease a lot I think its one of the defining factors of this mod, I do find it to be a ***** though :) Are Aqueducts clearing disease? In 30a they where not.

If your going to consider the no starting tech option, why not consider the localized starting tech which looks at your surroundings and gives you techs based on whats around you. Just another Idea.

Just a little update, 0.32 is now officially going to be 0.33. Why the change? Well for one 0.33 is a bigger number. Secondly a number of interesting features have been added to it since 0.30/patch was released. ANd while this one won't be out till atleast Friday/Saturday (sorry for delaying it again), it DOES have a relatively working version of an excellent religion mod out in our forums.

Yes I am talking about Eusebius's religion mod for vanilla. It is a shameless act of thievery I know, but I sincerely hope Eusebius can forgive me for it! :)

Eusebius, you are welcome to come into this thread and bash PbP to your heart's content, and send me as many flamin' PMs as you want. G-D knows I will have deserved 'em.

Edit: Alternatively, if you'd rather have me pull back the release date on this till after you are done with a better warlords version of ERM, tell me and I'll comply.

Hello ocedius

I'v built a winery in a city, it's connected but nothing on the resource list in the city detailed view.

I'm playing PbP 0.30 with Patch for 0.30.

Is there a simple way for me to disable the Diseased and the Rusted/Damaged Armor promotions. Since it seems to be a random strike, and assuming it's equally distributed among the players I don't see any strategic value since all players need to rebuild units, workers and missionaries to replace them, at least in the early game.

Well, you can do a search via notepad for this entry in the cvEventManager.py:
Code:
		if CyGame().getSorenRandNum(500, "OUMDis") <= 1: # 1% chance for units to become diseased
			pUnit.setHasPromotion((gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_DISEASED')), True)

if (pUnit.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_MELEE') or pUnit.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_SIEGE') or pUnit.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_MOUNTED') or pUnit.getUnitCombatType() == gc.getInfoTypeForString('UNITCOMBAT_GUN')) and not iTeam.isHasTech(gc.getInfoTypeForString('TECH_GUILDS')):
				pUnit.setHasPromotion((gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_RUSTED')), True)

This basically gives you a 1/100 chance that units that are alive and non mechanized will get diseased when moving. Remove this, and the rest of the code that controls disease spread will be rendered useless.

About the winery, have to check that. Sorry about it not showing up though.

I love the disease concept. I'll try to type up some design idea's and send them via email tonight. Its going to be a busy day though, so I'm hoping I can get to it.

We can use it to simulate poor health care and the plague if aqueducts are firing correctly to cure disease this works as a barrier. Now I notice most of my workers get diseased. Lets take this a step further. Folks in the jungle should get a higher disease rate than say folks working a field.

Just a quick thought... I'll email tonight.

ocedius, the winery issue I mentioned to you some days ago, remember it concerns with being able to build the winery with pottery, but not receiveing the bonus(+1 happiness) until monarchy. you said you planned to fix this. about to start testing the beta, also ocedius, check your email when you get a chance...

The fix is to set the <rradable> flag in the bonus info to the tech that you allow the winery to be created at. In mine I use monarchy.

Just have it match the tech reveal and all should be well.

for some reason your file never lets me download the entire thing instead cutting it off, leaving it an unknown file.

Ket said:
The fix is to set the <rradable> flag in the bonus info to the tech that you allow the winery to be created at. In mine I use monarchy.

Just have it match the tech reveal and all should be well.

Never would have gotten that. Must have seen the .xml several dozen times by now, but never realized that this tag handled that. Many thanks.

darkedone02 said:
can we turn these religions off, so that i can not use them? I play my games with 1 type of religion each and i don't like too much religion.

My limited modding skills require that I put in a second set of xml files with religion modidifcations so that while the religions are presentin the game, most are actually not used during it.

Very much doable, so I'll put 'em in.

Just saw that EWR is officially warlords compatible, so .... Expect PbP 0.33/0.34 by late tonight, or early evening, whenever I get home and .rar it up.

Haven't read all the stats on the mod yet, but I will be supporting the use of religions' as promotions for units as well. So 'converting' an ethnically and religiously different slave or armed unit will be a lot more interesting that vanilla. :)

Update of 0.34 (yes its official now).

I decided to beta test my crappy coding and .xml edits this time, besides its gruelling work. :p

Expect version 0.34 out in a few minutes. Just completing the documentation and final civpedia lookthrough. And keep you comments coming.

Edit: She is up and about. Download link is in the first post. Enjoy.

Edit: This mod may cause some issues. Including but not limited to: (1) intense desire to mod yourself, (2) dance around like a flower-child, (3) spam, (4) Sending in comments.

And you promise that none of my warriors are going to go missing in this version eh? ;) Hehe, downloading the now.

Top Bottom