Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG
    98.5 KB · Views: 903
  • Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 848
  • Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 825
Firstly, thankyou one and all who took the time out to answer oh so many questions I had. Without your help, none of this would be possible.

Secondly, I have taken from multiple sources, and by taken, I mean both in-part and wholy scavenged materials. I hope to acurately give credits, but incase I mess up, please post the correct credits and I'll update my posting ASAP.

[Beta-testers]
geebo
ket

[Design]
geebo
ocedius (Lead Design)
ket

[Code junkie]
ocedius (Help wanted)

This mod is primarily a compilation of Warlords SDK and python components as follows:
Spoiler :

Tidbits from Improved Leaders and Civic Choices

Cultural Influences by TheLopez

Enhanced Culture Decay by the Lopez

Exotic Foreign Advisor

Generals from barbarian battles by TheLopez

Parts of Mongoose Mod by Lunar Mongoose

Raw Commerce Display by Sevo

Flying Mod by RogerBacon

Revamped Dawn of Man screen by TheLopez

Elhoim's Total Revamp of Warlords Diplomacy

EWR Visit this thread or you'll be cursed with 6 days of irregularity!

Green Mod, SevoMod 3.0, Fall from Heaven II for python coding.

Jecrell [Carthage] mod for Civ IV vanilla.

3 squares city radius by RogerBacon (adapted by Konradius)

Route pillage Mission by TheLopez

Terraforming Mod by Blacksun60 (English adaptation by Swan)

Agnostic and Barbarian trait in SDK using Kael SDK-faq-for-noobs

Green mod resources by Master Lexx

Alternate plottextures (cleaner air range graphics) by Dearmad

Action Buttons based on Icons from GuildWars by White Rabbit

Ethnically Diverse Units by White Rabbit.

Dearmad's New Balance as a template to shamelessly rip out what I liked (must redo)

Included the much needed Sevopedia (renamed PbP-PEDIA but with unchanged underlying mechanics). Thankyou Sevo!

Attitude Icons and dead civ removal by Porges.

Diplomacy text: ActualQuotes for Warlords by Willomound.

[Traits:] Added or modified the following traits
Spoiler :

Diplomatic: Adds +3 to all civs relations

Scorched Earth: Bad-boy trait. You burn 'em all. (may cause issues)
Barbarian: free commando promotion, peace with Barbarians. (may cause issues)

Patriotic: Unique 'defender' promotion only comes into play when the unit is within friendly native territory

Naval: Mobility promotion to naval vessels and drydocks production bonus

Seafaring: Free 'sprawling' onto sea tiles when city is near coast, harbor production bonus, and mobility promotion to naval vessels.

Sprawling: Free 'sprawling' onto land tiles without any improvements, -2 health, -25% gold (needs python driven dynamic unhealthy city events). 25% of one sprawl per turn per city

Militaristic: Barracks production bonus and 10% great generals bonus.

Aggressive: Gets no barracks production bonus, but retains original combat promotions for land units

Spiritual: 10% additional Great people production bonus

Expansive: +1 health only, workers and settlers get mobility promotions when moving.

Agnostic: No state religion. +1 happiness per city

[Promotions:]
Spoiler :

Hero: Combat driven, but unlike great General. No additional free promotions, but it gives all units on the same tile a 'bolstered morale' bonus, and allows for faster experience accumulation by unit. Also city gets a production bonus when unit fortifies within walls and a 20% revolt protection bonus. Cannot be captured. Chance ~ 1/1000

Bolstered Morale: 5% combat bonus and 5% city attack & defend bonus. These units cannot be captured or turned into traitors.

Traitor: Unit captured and changes alliegence. -10% strength, killable by hero even when a freindly, a +10% withdrawl bonus, and special do-not-leave-alone penalty. Cannot be recaptured.

Rusted/Damaged Armor: -10% city attack & defense, and -10% hill attack and defense. 10% withdrawl bonus. Fixable via barracks and forges.

Diseased: Can infect other units especially when fighitng against them. -10 city attack & defense, -10 hill attack and defense, -10% withdrawl and 10% city revolt penalty. Heals with hospitals and aqueducts. Can't be captured.

Immune (random), Acquired immunity (from Immune on same plot) and Medical Immunity (via Hospitals): Bonus against disease.

Heavy/Hardened armor: Gained with forges. Movement penalty, 5% collateral, 5% city attack & defense, 5% hill attack and defense, 5% revolt protection.

Patriotic Defender: 5% city attack & defense, 5% hill attack and defense, 5% revolt protection. Also, 5% withdrawl and terrain bonuses while within territory. Can't be captured.

Desert and Tundra promotions: Enhanaced defense and attack values.

Slave: Can run away, can 'kill' civs Heros

[Units:]
Spoiler :

Removed Roman and Viking National units and returned to main upgrade pathway.

Opened up upgrade pathways. Now warriors upgrade to archers, axemen, swordsmen etc. Archers upgrade to horse archers, longbowmen, crossbowmen and the like. IMHO it allows for a more dynamic experience.

Added A-10 tankbuster, Nuclear Submarine, Mobile SAM (Patriot), Aegis Cruiser, Advanced Carriers, Carthagian war elephant, Naval Mines, Ship-of-the-line, multiple missionaries.

[To do:]
Spoiler :

Implement dynamic wars and eras

Cleanup messy python and fix units retaining turn-by-turn promotions outside the turn

Better way of handling ICBMs. Including and not limited to M.A.D. by Dale/TheLopez.

Starting techs
by TheLopez

Implement the Sandbox

Sevo's Nuke-em-all

Steal formations and make 'em my own. :evil:

Plagues which kill mass populations and military units indiscriminately.

Add the Genetic Era

Mod up the Diplomacy trait for vote modifier alongside attitude modifier

[Latest Changes:]
Spoiler :

Slightly altered disease promotions, now medic and dependant promotions halt disease flow completely.

Fixed fallout/terraform actions being available prior to proper tech research

Elhoim's Diplomacy SDK and XML fixes. Thanks for the SDK titbit Ket

Removed Fort building commands from all units as AI doesn't use it

Fixed refinery text entry and .DDS in pedia

Fixed CaoDai promotions and text thanks to Roamty

Fixed all icon issues thanks to Roamty

Removed 24 civ C++ and python coding

Added flavor units including settlers, workers

Modularized PbP with Dr. Jingles' ini parser and related mod components

Babarian trait now only loses 1 science per turn, originally it lost 1 culture/gold/science

Comprehensive ini configerable culture expansion/decay/leakage.

Game clock for those who love to check how long its been since the last time they checked :p

Enhanced tech window by Roamty

Customizable Domestic Advisor by Taelis and TheLopez

New DoM screen by TheLopez

Removed culture over oceans (its ini configerable now), but retained the 3 square city radius for now as I got sidetracked

Exotic Foreign Advisor by Zarah Neander (i think)

Great Generals From Barbarians mod component by TheLopez

City Screen Commerce Display by Sevo (still somewhat buggy)

Some of these were incorporated by ported enteries from Kets' Composite mod of composites

Carthage war elephants still have a +2 attack over other war elephants

Indian warelephant costs 1/3 less than default units, i.e. 40 hammers

Other unit enteries are cosmetic

[Disclaimer:]
None of the graphics are my own. I have taken many things from many sources and tried to improve the Civ IV Warlords experience. The real modders are those who came up with graphics and game improvements.

Download PbP 0.34 SDK here

If you want to beta test this game, PM me and we'll discuss the details

Also, attached is the currently employed Techtree. It is slightly altered from the vanilla, but will change as time goes by:

This sounds like something I want to check out when I get home.
I didn't take a reserved spot did I?

Version 0.2 is out. Please post any comments or requests you have.

Also, I am thinking about allowing Celtic units the 'spawn and disappear' promotion: an implementation of the whole non-cohesion of units that ancient Celts had. This would tag units with a fight to stay loop.

Comments?

darkedone02 said:
so your saying that this mod can run on warlords?

Yes. It was made for warlords, rather it was compiled for it. I upgraded to warlords last week and ported aspects and parts of mods for vanilla onto a warlords xml/python file base. So far, no problems.

If you have any problems with it, please post a savegame file for the turn and I'll look into it.

Awesome work, Im downloading now and Im anxious to try it out.

version 0.28 is out now

Edit: Buggy python code fixed, so the version is now 0.28b

Edit: Found a huge bug. And I mean HUGE. Removed the uploaded mod and will resolve this first. Sorry, but all issues will have to wait until I fix this problem, which btw causes game crashes.

Edit: Stability problems were caused by a bad warlords install. Reinstalled a fresh copy and should have mod back on track by tomorrow morning. Have to confirm warlords stability by playing the game a "little". :)

darkedone02 said:
invalid file id error when i try to download it.

Sorry 'bout that but I removed it. My civ IV install went all screwy and gave me multiple errors while playing the PbP 0.28b, so I removed it. Come to think of it, I sure that 0.28b was stable :rolleyes:

Not to worry. I should have it back up by tomorrow morning/afternoon at the latest.

Thanks for your patience people. Version 0.17 is up and ready for downloading.

I'll post a more comprehensive change log when I get home, but for now:

Added SorenRand python and tested it (stable)
Sprawling retested and balanced (stable)
Hannibal now militaristic - wins 3/5 times against Rome
US flag ok. occassional ATI 9200 white flag issue

Scriptable traits caused programs dumping when used with Agnostic and Barbarian traits, so both features were removed. Will continue building towards 0.28.

Beta testers, enjoy.

Version 0.19 is up. Resolved XML issues with more-or-less complete enteries. Also the 3 city radius feature works without any glitches and the blank-American flag problem seems to be gone.

While this isn't a 1.00 version, it is stable enough not to warrent a beta designation. Enjoy. :)

Edit: Oh and do share any comments, suggestions, hate mail :lol: or otherwise informative thoughts if you have any.

ok, testing your new version out, i will report progress tomarrow after school (high school, 11th grade year starts that day.).

um, i got a question, why is our version o.19 for? that is like reverting...

Actually I had to restart from scratch after I lost my computer yesterday. Still don't know what happened. I had to reinstall everything from a ghost copy, including a fresh civ iv. Which is why the versions are going up from 0.10 to hopefully 1.0.

I put every version through atleast 4 autoplays with 2-6 civs. So far, no crashes or dumps or errors. :goodjob:

Top Bottom