[SDK Component] Unique Great person

You don't even need to do that--it's literally a two line code in XML to hide pedia entries: one in Schema, and one in the UnitInfos file.
ehmm..can you please give me this magic tags?

Mexico, I have successfully developed the basic Python version to implement this without over 100 UUs, but there is one problem: when the Great Person gets renamed, the new name is not passed to the event log, so you get "Great [] has been born in []!" instead of "Isaac Newton has been born in []!" Is there an easy way to mod out the existing SDK event notification so that we can define a new one in Python?
you mean new method for event log? i will look to code...

Okay, in CIV4UnitSchema.XML, look for:

Code:
<ElementType name="bPrereqReligion" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
<ElementType name="bMechanized" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
<ElementType name="bRenderBelowWater" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
[B]<ElementType name="bGraphicalOnly" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>[/B]
<ElementType name="UnitClassUpgradeType" content="textOnly"/>
<ElementType name="bUnitClassUpgrade" content="textOnly" dt:type="boolean"/>
<ElementType name="UnitClassUpgrade" content="eltOnly">

Later on in the file, look for:

Code:
<element type="bPrereqReligion"/>
<element type="bMechanized"/>
<element type="bRenderBelowWater" minOccurs="0"/>
[B]<element type="bGraphicalOnly" minOccurs="0"/>[/B]
<element type="UnitClassUpgrades"/>
<element type="UnitClassTargets"/>
<element type="UnitCombatTargets"/>

The added lines are in bold.

Now, in Civ4UnitInfos.XML, all you have to add is

<bGraphicalOnly>1</bGraphicalOnly>

after the bMechanized tag. This should eliminate any unwanted entries. :D

Not yet. I'm also waiting to see what happens with the Great General bug (which Mexico fixed in Warlords), and if there similarly is one for the Great Spy.

as promised updated version (0.3w) is uploaded, support for random/in order name selection
(link in first page)

this is done via GlobalDefinesAlt.xml tag:
Code:
		<DefineName>GP_IN_ORDER</DefineName>
		<iDefineIntVal>1</iDefineIntVal>

in zip file you can find source code and compiled DLL with GlobalDefinesAlt.xml

Mexico

OK, that's enough time.

Just kidding, but I thought I would bump this one.

Actually I may try my hand at updating this myself. Haven't done any SDK before but I think I can understand how to do it.

OK, I think I have updated this to BTS 3.13. It has not been very extensively tested, although so far it seems to work. That is to say, it launches the game and everything works including appearance of GPs but I have not tested with unique GPs set up in xml, so if someone could test that it would be great. Please note that the DLL incorporates Bhruic's patch.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/32894/gpmod.zip

EDIT/UPDATE: Have tested this a little more extensively now, with Great Person UUs. Seems to work just fine!

OK, I think I have updated this to BTS 3.13. It has not been very extensively tested, although so far it seems to work. That is to say, it launches the game and everything works including appearance of GPs but I have not tested with unique GPs set up in xml, so if someone could test that it would be great. Please note that the DLL incorporates Bhruic's patch.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/32894/gpmod.zip

EDIT/UPDATE: Have tested this a little more extensively now, with Great Person UUs. Seems to work just fine!

Frekk this got deleted by the hacker I'd wager. Can you post the sources?

Edit: nevermind works fine with warlords code

Hi guys,

I know this thread is old (understatement), but I was hoping to download the SDK file. Sadly, the download link seems to be broken.
Does anyone know where I can download this SDK? Better yet, @Mexico, if you're still active, could you please re-upload this file?
Would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

Top Bottom