[SDK MODCOMP] Binary Yield Display (31 max yield displayed)

Have oyu tried messing with this:

<Define>
<DefineName>RAND_YIELD_PRESENCE_DIE_ROLLS</DefineName>
<iDefineIntVal>16</iDefineIntVal>
</Define>

I can't get my images to work, so I can't mess with it.

hmm, there has to be some other work around. Is there a way we can use a different .dds for each of the three resources?
I just gave a quick look, because that would be an excellent solution, but with a file search, I can't find any reference to Vertical_Symbols.dds anywhere in the XML, Python, or SDK files. So it doesn't seem like there's any way to define which file is used.

I'd imagine that it would be possible to completely disable the standard display commands, and create an new pile of code to display yields from whole cloth, but that is so far beyond me, that I can't even imagine where to start.

I thinks sometimes that Vertical_Symbol.dds is just an atlas that we can get rid of but I'm not sure. When I unpack my fpk, I obtain food01.dds and tutti quanti ... I explore the nif file and it refers to the same food01.dds ...

OK, I've gone ahead and finished the base 5 version of the mod.

I'm still not fully happy with the display -- things are a bit cluttered, and it's sometimes hard to see the 1s over the 5s, or the 5s under the 1s. But it is fully functional, and displays up to 19 of each yield type.

CvPlot.cpp and VerticalSymbols.dds attached (I don't have a clean copy of the .exe, although I can make one if there are requests).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/107257/BinaryYield.zip

Definitely useful code.
The Icons need more different forms in the same color and not just different sizes.

1 food = normal bread slice slightly turned to the side, maybe a corner bitten off.
2 food = 2 normal bread slices, maybe buttered
4 food = normal bread
8 food could be 2 donuts (8-shape) or a muffin or shortcake
16 food could be a large cake for a 16th birthday (count candles).

1 hammer could be a gray rock
2 hammer could be 2 (crossed) metal sticks
4 hammer = normal hammer (size 4) or 4 tools
8 hammer = normal anvil with an "8" welded on it
16 hammer could be a roll of steel or a H-shaped steel frame with a "16" printed on or cut out of it.

1 gold = normal coin slightly turned to the side.
2 gold = 2 normal coins (or a larger coin of the value "2") or 2 gold nuggets.
4 cold could be four stacked coins seen from the side (not to mess up with 4 coins of the value 2, that would be 8).
8 gold = normal gold sack with an "8" printed on it
16 gold could be some yellow paper money (or a credit card) with a "16" printed on it. (they have paper money in weird units)

Even though humans are used to base5 due to 5 fingers per hand a binary code is still more efficient and all that is needed for math.

What are the changes to the numbers to make this a 31 yield display. I know it has to go:
1, 2, 4, 8, 16.

But I am unsure exactly what the changes to the source would be. Any help would be appreciated. I plan to make some new graphics for this, I'll try to base it off of ollj's suggestion

Top Bottom