[R&F] Second Looks

Remmert

Warlord
We already know that America has a small change in the new mechanics, a slot will be replaced by a wildcard.

But what else happens to the vanilla-civs in the game, wich one makes a whole overhaul to fit in the new mechanics?
If so, will there be a Second Look video to explain the new mechanics?

And who will be the second leader, rumours (Ed Bleach) said it's on a vanilla-civ.

Because I open this topic, I should share my ideas.
England should have a loyalty-boost, wich fits in her agenda and gameplay to settle on other continents.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe only civs with significant changes in related mechanics will get changes. America ability was changed, because legacy bonuses aren't counted the same way anymore.

Possible candatates are:

1. Brazil. Since Entertainment district is changed with R&F, Carnival may have some of its effects changed.
2. China. Eureka effect now is calculated differently, so it may affect the Dynastic Cycle ability.
3. England. Since trade routes are now provided with first building instead of the district itself, the Royal Navi Dockyard may be changed, for example it's trade route bonus may apply to Lighthouse in it instead.
4. Sumers. Gilgamesh ability could be affected by changes in alliances.

Last edited:
England should have a loyalty-boost, wich fits in her agenda and gameplay to settle on other continents.

I'm almost positive Anton said something about this in a livestream, that they are looking to make sure England doesn't get screwed by the loyalty mechanic because of here agenda.

It's a small buff but the wonder civs aren't suited for deity exactly. Spain will get a buff with an alternate leader.

I believe only civs with significant changes in related mechanics will get changes. America ability was changed, because legacy bonuses aren't counted the same way anymore.

Possible candatates are:

1. Brazil. Since Entertainment district is changed with R&F, Carnival may have some of its effects changed.
2. China. Eureka effect now is calculated differently, so it may affect the Dynastic Cycle ability.
3. England. Since trade routes are now provided with first building instead of the district itself, the Royal Navi Dockyard may be changed, for example it's trade route bonus may apply to Lighthouse in it instead.
4. Sumers. Gilgamesh ability could be affected by changes in alliances.

(3) That the trade routes come from a building instead of the district is for the better, I think. It somehow made the early game "crowded" & now you probably simply get money from the district - which gives you what you need early on - & later on you can build a trade empire by adding more buildings if you want to.
(4) I would really love Gilgamesh to give better alliances. Right now, the ability is a bit useless, while warcarts are too strong. I would really prefer the enkidu ability to provide better alliances (better research alliances, yay!) & at the same time a nerf to warcarts, for example that they are not immune to spearmen or have the same strength as chariots.

France is already buffed indirectly by the combat bonus for diplomatic visibility.
France is more buffed by the Intelligence Agency which will make her spies truly shine early. Playing against her you will expect her to start stealing from your commercial hubs before you can even get a spy to defend yourself!... with 2 super skilled spies early she could even take you out of the game from the other side of the world... better build that intelligence agency yourself as a counter.... yuk.

I play a fair amount of France and cannot wait to see how she rolls out.

I thought it was Mongol UA, is it in fact everyone's bonus?
Yes, it's for everyone, but the Mongols get an additional bonus on top of that.

I wonder if they buff Egypt a bit as well - maybe additional loyalty if cities are connected by rivers?
And I do really hope that Gilgamesh's ability will get an update with the new alliances. It was one of the weakest and most useless abilities imo.

Maybe Fredrick's ability to something involving independent cities, and give the bonus against city states to someone else considering his bonus is called "Imperial Free Cities". Maybe give that city state attack bonus to the new alternate leader?

My hopes are for some changes to Kongo, Australia, Poland, and Persia because the abilities of their uniques are inelegant and long.

France is more buffed by the Intelligence Agency which will make her spies truly shine early. Playing against her you will expect her to start stealing from your commercial hubs before you can even get a spy to defend yourself!... with 2 super skilled spies early she could even take you out of the game from the other side of the world... better build that intelligence agency yourself as a counter.... yuk.

Hmmm... France is one of the very few civs I haven't tried out yet... She has always seemed underwhelming to me... Guess I'll put her on my list of civ's to try out first with R&F...

What Intelligence Agency. What did I miss?

Top Bottom