Second Season Pass?

Foxforch

Chieftain
Alright, so what Kevin Schultz said at the end of the February Game Update video has been stuck in my mind for quite some time when he said: "when we hit April to learn about the final free game update of the season".

I cannot help but to think if he's suggesting that another season will come in the future with additional civs and updates. If that's the case that'd be awesome of course, but I'm also not quite sure if they'll go beyond 50 civs and continue update a game that's 5 years old by now.

April was also fitting for a final update, since a potential competitor Humankind was going to release that month, but now won't come until August.

What do you think Firaxis will do while August approach and beyond? Will they start focus on Civ7, or will they cook up a new season pass while they let Humankind release and see how much competition it will give before taking inspiration and then work on Civ7?

Another thing, what 8 civs and alternate leader do you hope for if there will be a second season pass? :3

Mine is Morocco (via Fez city-state), Tibet, Iroquois, Serbia, Venice, Finland, Ireland (via Armagh city-state), Afghanistan (via Kabul city-state) and alternate leader for Russia: Ivan the Terrible

I noticed that statement too - it definitely implied there might well be another one in a similar vein.....
What I would like to see includes (but is not limited to) the following:
1 - Revamp the whole Espionage system - right now to say it is over par by some amount would be an understatement. I would be more than happy to detail this if anyone is interested.
There should be more spies available as well.
2 - Bring in 'Vassal States' - this may be voluntary (if a weak military) or else enforced after a war.
3 - Targeted Air attacks - it should be possible - if something like 'smart weaponry' became a thing - to specifically target certain buildings in a city centre. Yes, we can hit districts already which is close but it could be improved.
4 - Please, please improve diplomacy. It currently feels like an afterthought.

I think there are several indicators suggesting that Firaxis was holding back content for a second season:

* No DLL released
* No city-states representing Austria, Assyria, or Denmark (even though they could have swapped Wolin/Ayutthaya for Assur/Vienna, and replaced Lisbon with Copenhagen instead of Mogadishu)
* No America or Africa maps (where western US and Western Africa are both extremely empty as compared to Civ V. Also, we already had the Mediterranean in the Europe map, so why did we need a second one?)
* No library, workshop, or shrine UBs (despite the fact they could have easily given Babylon a library unique)
* The ideology bottleneck in the civics tree still hasn't been removed
* Overall the design of NFP civs isn't as weird as some of the designs got in V (i.e. non-military UUs, nomadic or single-city civs, etc.)

I think that, regardless of whether we actually get more content, that the developers were conservatively hoping they could release more content next year.

My wishlist would probably be (in rough order of desireability):

* Morocco/Numidia/Berbers
* Bulgaria
* Navajo
* Oman/Swahili/Zanzibar
* Burma
* Cherokee
* Timurids

But I anticipate some of those would be replaced by Austria, Iroquois, Assyria, and/or Italy.

Hatshepsut would be a much appreciated alternate leader, give her Cleo's abilities and rework Cleo to be more diplomatic. Would also like Olga as a militaristic/religious leader for Russia or Nur Jahan to represent the Mughal/cultural side of India.

I think there are several indicators suggesting that Firaxis was holding back content for a second season:

* No DLL released
* No city-states representing Austria, Assyria, or Denmark (even though they could have swapped Wolin/Ayutthaya for Assur/Vienna, and replaced Lisbon with Copenhagen instead of Mogadishu)
* No America or Africa maps (where western US and Western Africa are both extremely empty as compared to Civ V. Also, we already had the Mediterranean in the Europe map, so why did we need a second one?)
* No library, workshop, or shrine UBs (despite the fact they could have easily given Babylon a library unique)
* The ideology bottleneck in the civics tree still hasn't been removed
* Overall the design of NFP civs isn't as weird as some of the designs got in V (i.e. non-military UUs, nomadic or single-city civs, etc.)

I think that, regardless of whether we actually get more content, that the developers were conservatively hoping they could release more content next year.

My wishlist would probably be (in rough order of desireability):

* Morocco/Numidia/Berbers
* Bulgaria
* Navajo
* Oman/Swahili/Zanzibar
* Burma
* Cherokee
* Timurids

But I anticipate some of those would be replaced by Austria, Iroquois, Assyria, and/or Italy.

Hatshepsut would be a much appreciated alternate leader, give her Cleo's abilities and rework Cleo to be more diplomatic. Would also like Olga as a militaristic/religious leader for Russia or Nur Jahan to represent the Mughal/cultural side of India.
While I do desperately hope for TSL Africa and Americas/New World maps, I like the inclusion of the Mediterranean map beacuse in TSL Europe (and World, for that matter), the Mediterranean is extremely crowded. Rome, Greece, Macedon, Ottomans, etc. can't generally expand very far without bumping into each other, and at least now Phoenicia will get another True Start Location as well. :D

Although an unnumbered pass, we're discussing a seasonal model, and there's only been 1 season so far.
With some oft-requested & well integrated modes, I imagine a second season pass would be welcomed.

It remains questionable why Civ VI would (or must) end now, with a well established player base, and popular demand for improvements & content (regardless of traditional quinquennial cycles).
The upcoming title you refer to may or may not have an impact on interest in the Civilization series. It may be that Civilization sells more copies if Humankind helps to bring new interest to the overarching genre, including it's original title. But unless Civ VII is already planned, in development, or released relatively soon, it might make sense to stay in the [current] game, if only with a conclusive DLC. Civilization comprises a great series of games (need it be said), yet timing or innovation could become increasingly important factors. There are 'empire-building' games everywhere.

Another thing, what 8 civs and alternate leader do you hope for if there will be a second season pass?

Morocco/Berbers -- Ashanti or Benin -- Timur/Mughal -- Venice/Italy -- Assyria or Hittites -- Haiti -- Tibet or Siam -- Navajo or Lakota or Tlingit or Shawnee or...
Then, Iroquois, Austria, Mexico, Ireland, all seem more likely candidates, and Finland is a good choice.
There's active threads on Alt. Leaders, but Egypt, Rome, Germany, Spain, Persia, Russia, China & India (minus a Timurid Civ) all seem good candidates to me.

Pack #1: Comanche, Argentina, America TSL map

Pack#2: Morocco, alt. leader for Egypt (Hatseptut), New wonders

Pack#3: Romania, new Game Mode

Pack#4: Assyria, Timurids , new city-states

Pack#5 Siam , new natural wonders (new Game Mode)

Pack#5 Italy, new game mode

Possible fun game modes:

Ideological wars: later era worlds wars with ideological alliances and city-state influence

Steampunk: Replaces industrial era techs and units with steampunk flavored units like airships etc. :goodjob:

Pack#3: Romania, new Game Mode

I soooo want to be able to play as my country, and I think it would be nice considering that Bucharest was a CS in Civ 5, yet nowhere to be seen in Civ 6
Also since they are also making some less than historical gamemodes as well(cough cough zombies) I think they might as well add a sort of vampire hunter game mode with Romania maybe, like there are some neutral vampires roaming the map throught the game, and you hunt the, for some benefits or maybe ally them.

I don't think there will be second season pass except that (I hope that) There will be The Great Mekhong Game scenario. In which Siam will be introduced as a full civ, along with Burma, and duking out against VN and each other while pleasing China (or even an open option to challenge the Big China altogether, which should be game-winning objectives as well. With this CS Ayutthaya will become some other thing else (Luang Pabang or Nakhon Si Thammarath maybe?)

Top Bottom