Votes: 27 16.4%
  • Raw Material - begin with a Clinic

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Weapons arsenal - Free soldier

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Machinery - Free worker

Votes: 130 78.8%

• Total voters
I think you still need to research Engineering regardless to be able to mine that Titanium

I thought so, too, but that's not the case.

I believe it's a bug. Titanium is the only strategic resource that does not require a special improvement to access. It only requires a basic mine, which means you can use it as soon as it's revealed.

I susaly go with the Worker but I haven't regreted picking the Soldier either. Early exploration is important. Explorers are really squishy and the aliens like to snack on them. Soldiers can't excavate but they can pop pods and do a bit riskier recon missions.

Yeah. Soldier goes pretty well with Tectonic Scanner. The reason for this is that sometimes, scouting the coast requires getting in close to an Alien Nest, which will almost surely get the unit attacked by multiple Alien units. It's dead if it's an Explorer. Doubly bad if it hasn't excavated yet. This function is not as crucial with Continental Surveyor, since you start out with the coasts explored.

I like taking the laboratory. Aside from what's already been said, there's a Trade Depot quest which gives you extra energy or production, which make all the difference in the first few turns. I usually take the latter, especially if I'm trying for a few early wonders.

I also go with Laboratory, as the free Pioneering gets me early trading depot and convoys. That early trade lets me complete the outpost quest and gets my economy rolling immediately. It also lets me research techs like Genetics or Engineering right off the bat, instead of waiting whatever amount of time it would take to research Pioneering.

Top Bottom