1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Seeding options - best cargo

Discussion in 'CivBE - Strategy & Tips' started by Mount Suribachi, Nov 9, 2014.

?

What is the best cargo option?

1. Hydroponics - extra pop in your first city

4 vote(s)
    2.4%
  2. Laboratory - begin with Pioneering

27 vote(s)
    16.4%
  3. Raw Material - begin with a Clinic

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  4. Weapons arsenal - Free soldier

2 vote(s)
    1.2%
  5. Machinery - Free worker

130 vote(s)
    78.8%
  1. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

I thought so, too, but that's not the case.

I believe it's a bug. Titanium is the only strategic resource that does not require a special improvement to access. It only requires a basic mine, which means you can use it as soon as it's revealed.

2. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

No you do not.
    It requires mines improvement, and Mines are available from the start.

3. Tiedote

Tiedote Chieftain

I susaly go with the Worker but I haven't regreted picking the Soldier either. Early exploration is important. Explorers are really squishy and the aliens like to snack on them. Soldiers can't excavate but they can pop pods and do a bit riskier recon missions.

4. Roxlimn

Roxlimn Deity

Yeah. Soldier goes pretty well with Tectonic Scanner. The reason for this is that sometimes, scouting the coast requires getting in close to an Alien Nest, which will almost surely get the unit attacked by multiple Alien units. It's dead if it's an Explorer. Doubly bad if it hasn't excavated yet. This function is not as crucial with Continental Surveyor, since you start out with the coasts explored.

5. Codpiece

Codpiece Chieftain

I like taking the laboratory. Aside from what's already been said, there's a Trade Depot quest which gives you extra energy or production, which make all the difference in the first few turns. I usually take the latter, especially if I'm trying for a few early wonders.

6. Supertoastfairy

Supertoastfairy Chieftain

I also go with Laboratory, as the free Pioneering gets me early trading depot and convoys. That early trade lets me complete the outpost quest and gets my economy rolling immediately. It also lets me research techs like Genetics or Engineering right off the bat, instead of waiting whatever amount of time it would take to research Pioneering.