Seige?

Foraging

Chieftain
Do you guys use artillery alot? I usually just mass-produce mace men, knights, or Calvary. I'm a noob though, mainly play on Settler. Any tips on how to effectively use seige, if I should or shouldn't?

I will be playing on Warlord soon.

You definitely need to use siege. Alot. They're probably the most valuable units you have in your military. They make a huge difference in any assault against a city, or an attacking stack. I'll make tons of them but I never seem to have enough.

artillary, never god no.

cannons, catas and trebs i agree with willem... theres never enough.

edit - if you WANT artillary just trade it, not worth the research time.

Siege units are essential. Soften up cities with bombardments and then just use them in suicide attacks against defending stacks. If a war goes badly, the solution is often just to build more siege.

My stacks are based on 3 types of units.
1- seige
2- city defenders (for caturerd cities)
3- medic (preferrably medic III promotion)

Every other unit is there to defend these units. A stack of 40 units may have 15 to 20seige units. I promote them with city raider. Bombard city defenses and then suicide attack. After a dozen seige have attacked a city warriors could do the clean up and eliminate the wounded troops.

Artillery is essential in the late game to take inland cities that are outside Bomber range. They also bust up enemy stacks.

When you have time, study at the War Academy.

Welcome to the Forums Foraging. :beer:

Top Bottom