Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

The File CityView.lua is the one from the EUI mod.
So if the file from v16 works for you, that does mean that you have the old EUI files somewhere.

search for UI_bc1 and find out if you have such a folder somewhere in your game directory, which is not the modpack v17.

You're right. Thanks for answering so fast. :)
Will give it a go once we pause this mp session.

Update: All good now, thanks again!

When i choose all mods that are in pack and playing civ sometimes shoutdown when i press next turn and waiting for ai it's happen 2 times i playing as egypt.

When i choose all mods that are in pack and playing civ sometimes shoutdown when i press next turn and waiting for ai it's happen 2 times i playing as egypt.
Don't load the mods in the mod menu. Just "install" the modpack and play singleplayer/multiplayer.

Thanks for this amazing MOD. Any chance to incorporate CSD? I also looked at CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack, but I do miss EUI.

Anyone on combining these?

Thanks and greetings,
M.

Thanks for this amazing MOD. Any chance to incorporate CSD? I also looked at CivAddiction’s Multiplayer Modpack, but I do miss EUI.

Anyone on combining these?

Thanks and greetings,
M.

I personally don't like CSD mod, but you can try to make a modpack yourself by enabling all the mods from this modpack (copy paste the mods from the mods folder to your MODS folder) and use the MPMPM maker tool. It takes some time until you found out what to do exactly, but it is all described here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=533238

But make sure you use a compatible version of CSD to whowards DLL. And also you have to find out if it conflicts with other mods of the modpack.

I won't do this, but this is how you start ;)

I think I'll try that :D

Two questions about this:
- what to do with the UI_bc1 folder? If I copy your mods to my MOD folder and build the MPMPM package, do I just copy the folder in the generated MP_MODSPACK folder?
- I checked the CustomModOptions.xml (in the DLL - Various Mod Components (v 73)\ folder [edit]) file to enable the CSD mods, but all options in there are set to "0". I thought this was the place to enable all the features of the DLL dependent mods? Did I miss something?

Thanks, M.

I think I'll try that :D

Two questions about this:
- what to do with the UI_bc1 folder? If I copy your mods to my MOD folder and build the MPMPM package, do I just copy the folder in the generated MP_MODSPACK folder?
- I checked the CustomModOptions.xml (in the DLL - Various Mod Components (v 73)\ folder [edit]) file to enable the CSD mods, but all options in there are set to "0". I thought this was the place to enable all the features of the DLL dependent mods? Did I miss something?

Thanks, M.
EUI has to be active while making the modpack.
so the UI_bc1 folder has to be in your DLC folder. But remove/move the modpack out of civilization folder.
And check if the City States Gifts mod is compatible to CSD. If not you have to remove it. the gifts mod contains a merged CityStatePopUp folder with EUI. So if you delete the gifts mod, you have to restore the normal EUI CityStatePopUp folder. (and if you use EUI 1.28f or higher, you have to delete the unitflagmanager folder, because it is not compatible to Flagpromotion mod)

The CustomModOptins are enabled via Mods. Eg. the 2 Units per Fort mod does the follwing:
Code:
    <CustomModOptions>
	<Update>
		<Where Name="GLOBAL_STACKING_RULES"/>
		<Set Value="1"/>
	</Update>
	<Update>
		<Where Name="BUGFIX_CITY_STACKING"/>
		<Set Value="1"/>
	</Update>
    </CustomModOptions>

edit:
and you have to delete the UI folder from whowards DLL if you use EUI (I expect you will use the newest dll version). Other changes to the DLL mod are not needed (despite deleting and adding the dll itself for making the modpack).

It basically worked :D - I combined your MODs with CSD, made a few adjustments and could build and run my MP. :)

I have not played a full game yet, but I have two funny effects, maybe you have an idea what this could be or how to go on looking for such problems:

- I have bordermanagement without building the respective building - the building is there for 30, but I can choose the tiles even so
- Similarly I can use stockpile without building the stockyard -also this building is there but not built

Any idea?

If someone is interested in my pack, I can upload it somewhere. (here?)

Thanks

It basically worked :D - I combined your MODs with CSD, made a few adjustments and could build and run my MP. :)

I have not played a full game yet, but I have two funny effects, maybe you have an idea what this could be or how to go on looking for such problems:

- I have bordermanagement without building the respective building - the building is there for 30, but I can choose the tiles even so
- Similarly I can use stockpile without building the stockyard -also this building is there but not built

Any idea?

If someone is interested in my pack, I can upload it somewhere. (here?)

Thanks
Which adjustments you made? Do you use all mods, or just some of them? Did you replaced a mod by another version? Did you follow the instructions about City state Gifts mod? Did you delete the whoward DLL and moved it back into the finished modpack?

Yes you can upload it here in your posts. I can take a look at it, maybe I find out what went wrong.
But before advertising your pack, make sure everything is working without bugs ;)

What I have done:

- Having UI_bc1 present in DLC folder (1.28) (removed other custom modpacks)
- clear local MODs directory
- copied MODs from Serps to local MODs directory
- Removed MOD folder "Global - City States Gifts (v 4)"
- Copied "Diplomacy - City States (v 4)" from civaddictions modpack
- Copied "Global - No More Civilian Traffic Jams (v 1)" from civaddictions modpack
- Copied "City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 27)" from civaddictions modpack
- Removed CityView.* and TopPanel.* from aus CSD Folder Assets/UI/InGame/
- Removed DLL from "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 73)/DLL"
- Build MPMPM
- Copied DLL back into new MP_MODSPACK
- Removed all files from MP_MODSPACK/UI

Detected the following issues

- Bordermanagement is available even without building the respective building - the building is there for 30, but I can choose the tiles even so
- Similarly stockpile is available without building the stockyard
- Bying a military unit is not possible if another unit is station in the city, but I can move another military unit into a city with a stationed unit. Multiple civilian units work (buying and moving)

MP_Serps_CSD.7z

edit: I have the UI_bc1 parallel to the modpack in the DLC directory, I did not copy it into the created modpack

What I have done:

- Having UI_bc1 present in DLC folder (1.28) (removed other custom modpacks)
- clear local MODs directory
- copied MODs from Serps to local MODs directory
- Removed MOD folder "Global - City States Gifts (v 4)"
- Copied "Diplomacy - City States (v 4)" from civaddictions modpack
- Copied "Global - No More Civilian Traffic Jams (v 1)" from civaddictions modpack
- Copied "City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 27)" from civaddictions modpack
- Removed CityView.* and TopPanel.* from aus CSD Folder Assets/UI/InGame/
- Removed DLL from "DLL - Various Mod Components (v 73)/DLL"
- Build MPMPM
- Copied DLL back into new MP_MODSPACK
- Removed all files from MP_MODSPACK/UI

Detected the following issues

- Bordermanagement is available even without building the respective building - the building is there for 30, but I can choose the tiles even so
- Similarly stockpile is available without building the stockyard
- Bying a military unit is not possible if another unit is station in the city, but I can move another military unit into a city with a stationed unit. Multiple civilian units work (buying and moving)

MP_Serps_CSD.7z

edit: I have the UI_bc1 parallel to the modpack in the DLC directory, I did not copy it into the created modpack

Did you use the correct version of CSD? The mod folder says v27. But as far as I now, the latest compatible version made by whoward is v23, see this thread:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=518556
I don't know why civaddiction has v27 in his pack... but his pack worked with the CP DLL before, I'm sure v27 worked with CP DLL, but I'm not sure if it works with whowards DLL.

I think you should create a modpack with just whowards DLL ,Diplomacy - City States (v 4) and City-State Diplomacy Mod (CSD) for Brave New World (v 23) and see if everything works. If everything is fine, try it with v27.
If it does not wortk with v27, try the whole modpack with v23 again.

If the whole modpack still does not work, only use the mods above, plus e.g the stockpile mod, without deleting topPanel and CityView and see if that does work.

Thank you for this amazing mod. Me and my house mates are loving it.

Sadly I am pretty sure we are hitting a game breaking bug, we are unable to enter/discover city states. If we do the entire game quits and we have to reload.

Has any one experienced something similar or a way we could figure out whats causing it?

You added RED into your compilation! Thats my wish fullfilled! Thank you hundred times! Great work

Thank you for this amazing mod. Me and my house mates are loving it.

Sadly I am pretty sure we are hitting a game breaking bug, we are unable to enter/discover city states. If we do the entire game quits and we have to reload.

Has any one experienced something similar or a way we could figure out whats causing it?

hmm... I'm sure someone would have reported that, if this happens always.

So are you sure you just have my modpack and no other mod enabled (in DLC folder)? Also EUI is included in my modpack folder, so you dont need it again.
Does it also happen in singleplayer? Or only multiplayer?
Maybe it only happen for a specific unit or civ?

After the crash happens, you could take a look at the lua.log file, maybe there is an error message that helps. Please attach your lua.log after such a crash, maybe I can find out the reason. (unfortunatly usually a crash gives no error message, but it is worth a try)

Thanks for the reply!

So we are 3 humans on a team, with all the AI broken into two man teams.
The issue could not be reproduced by me in single player.
I can switch to an AI team in the multiplayer save and not have the issue.
I still have the issue if I switch to another human players civ.
Tried with Chariots, Trireme and Missionaries with both Babylon and Poland. Both failed, both human.
Started a new multiplayer game and quickly set out to discover a city state, did not have any issues.

From the Lua, http://pastebin.com/J3vZBhvx , we noticed the last thing to run was the City States Popup and so we removed the City State Gifts from the pack. This solved our issue so far, and we are several city states in.

I have saves from most of the eras in our game. I will reload the mod and see if I can figure out if it is era related.

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

So we are 3 humans on a team, with all the AI broken into two man teams.
The issue could not be reproduced by me in single player.
I can switch to an AI team in the multiplayer save and not have the issue.
I still have the issue if I switch to another human players civ.
Tried with Chariots, Trireme and Missionaries with both Babylon and Poland. Both failed, both human.
Started a new multiplayer game and quickly set out to discover a city state, did not have any issues.

From the Lua, http://pastebin.com/J3vZBhvx , we noticed the last thing to run was the City States Popup and so we removed the City State Gifts from the pack. This solved our issue so far, and we are several city states in.

I have saves from most of the eras in our game. I will reload the mod and see if I can figure out if it is era related.

Thanks!
could you please send me the savegame, where the issue does happen?
I can add some more print statements in the gifts mod, to find out on which line exactly it crashes.

edit: you can also send me the CvMiniDump.dmp file in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V directory and the CustomMods.log file. Whoward may be able to find out the issue.

playing ver 17 game sometimes disconnects one of two players, tried on local network will test if problem will stay using internet connection. It happens like once per 20 turns once it starts (started around turn 140)

playing ver 17 game sometimes disconnects one of two players, tried on local network will test if problem will stay using internet connection. It happens like once per 20 turns once it starts (started around turn 140)

hmm strange.
thank you for your report. Please try to find out the reason =/

Dont worry, it was probably router side problem or something later we reloaded and continued for like 4-5 hours without single disconnect or resync. Your mod is stable ;) so far :D (turn 485 marathon) Sorry for panic post

Edit : Noticed that I can get some achievments playing your mod in multiplayer "Last Man Standing" but not specific ones like "Star of the North" for winning with Catherine for example, those are SP exclusive I guess

Top Bottom