Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

Hey Serp!

Not directly related to your modpack, which is working fine:

Yesterday I replaced 3 of my mods with your updated versions (Reforestation, Jungle Yield, UI - Destination) from your great modpack and noticed, that these are the only ones that won't be copied over when creating a modpack with MPMPM.

It's not a big deal since you can just copy them manually (well.. not sure if this might create any issues in multiplayer as stated here), but do you know what might cause this and how it can be solved?
This never happened to any other mod (even the original versions) before..

Thanks for your great modpack and the useful updates/ changes you made to specific mods! :)

Hey Serp!

Not directly related to your modpack, which is working fine:

Yesterday I replaced 3 of my mods with your updated versions (Reforestation, Jungle Yield, UI - Destination) from your great modpack and noticed, that these are the only ones that won't be copied over when creating a modpack with MPMPM.

It's not a big deal since you can just copy them manually (well.. not sure if this might create any issues in multiplayer as stated here), but do you know what might cause this and how it can be solved?
This never happened to any other mod (even the original versions) before..

Thanks for your great modpack and the useful updates/ changes to made to specific mods! :)

I also asked this myself in the MPMPM thread ;) As far as I remember I answered the question by myself... and I think the answer was, that I renamed the folders of these mods. But the name has to be the same like the name of the modinfo file.
(I'm not 100% sure, if this is the correct answer, but I think so).

but no, I never had any problems, after copying them manually into the mods folder of the modpack.

Also i noticed that whenever i load a game from autosave it will skip 1 turn for all player (non ai)

That's nothing unusual. Autosaves are created at the end of each turn, so when you load the autosave from 297, the game will begin at 298. :)

My game just crash when i took the capital from spain :\
here is the save file just before i take madrid
www.mediafire.com/?1g646hxl3kedfxd

hmm... unfortunately there is nothing in the logs, which would explain the crash ... we only have this crash .dmp file.. I googled some civ posts about those files, and it seems there is no way to analyze this file, to find out the reason for the crash =/

Hi Serp
I'm trying out your fix version of barb immersion, not hanging anymore for a month of Sundays during the turn process or CTD ing haven't checked the logs yet, I'm to busy playing it atm just wanted to say thanks man, legend :worship:

Edit: just checked the lua logs not one error Serp nice job man
P.S maybe you could fix Events and Decision too, that's buggy as hell as well

Hey Serp,

thanks for your great modpack, i really like those mods!

I'm just not a big fan of EUI.. is there any way for sb. who doesnt know anything about modding to deactivate or delete it without breaking the modpack in multiplayer?

Hey Serp,

thanks for your great modpack, i really like those mods!

I'm just not a big fan of EUI.. is there any way for sb. who doesnt know anything about modding to deactivate or delete it without breaking the modpack in multiplayer?
how is it possible to not like EUI O.ô (ok, when I read the newest complaints about 1.27, it can be, but 1.26 is very good (and 1.27 will be, too, as soon all bugs are fixed))

Anyway, yes it is possible to play my pack without EUI ;)
Like mentioned in my description, there are 3 mods which I changed to be compatible to EUI.

- UI-City-Expansion: Just click the underlined name of this mod in my description. You will see my thread. There I also posted a non EUI version of this mod ;)

- City Gifts: All mods that are not underlined (=linked) in my description, are from whowards pickmix website. Just search for this mod there and download it.

- Components DLL: this can also be downloaded at whowards website.

After you downloaded all three of them, replace the mods in my modpack with the new downloaded ones and my pack should be playable without EUI ;)

Is anyone working on fixing the bug where AI players cannot propose deals to human players in multiplayer? JaiiDerHerr made a fix for it in this mod but unfortunately his source code is closed so it's not possible to combine his work with that of any other DLL mods.

We have a bug in Mutliplayer. Every time we load a saved game the KI takes our Players over and we cant play. We play with 8 Players. 2 Human, 6 KI. Only workaround is to load the savegame switch to a computer slot play a round then save and load a the game.

Also try the Communitas Map, it's great! (just download the map and copy paste it in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Maps . Now you can also play it in multiplayer)

how i downloaded Communitas_3.17_Time_Capsule, theres no map file in it only .civ5mod files?

Is anyone working on fixing the bug where AI players cannot propose deals to human players in multiplayer? JaiiDerHerr made a fix for it in this mod but unfortunately his source code is closed so it's not possible to combine his work with that of any other DLL mods.

I wrote to JaiDerHerr half a year ago and he said he is working to combinate his dll with the one from CP. One month ago I asked Gazebo, but he said JaiDerHerr did not wrote him yet. So it is all up to JaiDerrHerr, you should ask him ;)

We have a bug in Mutliplayer. Every time we load a saved game the KI takes our Players over and we cant play. We play with 8 Players. 2 Human, 6 KI. Only workaround is to load the savegame switch to a computer slot play a round then save and load a the game.
I don't think this is because of my modpack, never heard of it. But how does it look when you are in the lobby? Sometimes the host has to delete the slots from the other human players before they join.

how i downloaded Communitas_3.17_Time_Capsule, theres no map file in it only .civ5mod files?
http://communitas.wikia.com/wiki/Map ;)

Yeah i know we can delete slots, but its not necessary all are filled.

The link goes to github Time Capsule there are no map files.

Yeah i know we can delete slots, but its not necessary all are filled.

If you open the savegame you are in the lobby. and as I know the slots of the other human players are filled. So you have to delete these slot before the other human players join.
If that is not the problem, I have no clue how to solve it =/

The link goes to github Time Capsule there are no map files.
unpack the Communitas Map (v 1).civ5mod file with 7-zip or any other unzipper ;) Then you can move the Communitas.lua to your map folder.

Testing this mod in SP so far I like it :) will try MP and hope to prove its stable ;)

So far like 300 turns MP with Zulus and Byzantium without any bug, ctd, desync or anything. Great work but will test deeper :devil:

So far like 300 turns MP with Zulus and Byzantium without any bug, ctd, desync or anything. Great work but will test deeper :devil:

Great :)

I know in rare cases a desync can happen. If this happen, it would be great if you could provide a savegame just before the desync reload ;)

And in very rare cases there can be a ctd, like shown here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=13943728#post13943728
but I have no clue how to fix this, since there is nothing in the logs or elsewhere, to find the reason =/

But all in all, I think my pack is very playable :)

Your barbarians are far more aggresive than civaddictions under same setting and thats great, and I do like your religon options and city managing! And your City-States are growing more! their pop is allmost as mine own. This makes them more powerfull and meaningful i think.

Edit : Your cities can also hold 3 units like in civaddictions.

Ethnic units mod has not so much units reskinned like R.E.D. (very few units for Zulu for example) :( though somehow with EU you can see them better zoomed (? maybe not, seems so) . I do hate playing with un-reskinned placeholders :( Have you considered using R.E.D. with R.E.D. - Just Ethnic Diversity? or can you help me try modify your pack this way? Its only thing that dissapoints me here

Anyway game is still stable around turn 735! and thats great, hats down

Edit : Though Barbarians are more aggresive first annihilated civ didn`t hold for too long. 4 cities civilization fell in like 20 turns and they were bit more advanced, just didn`t had lvl 6 Impi swarms :D with catapult
Edit : Heh second nation I went to war with are first in table Portugal, brought 6 Nau ships to besiege my only city on coast! Amazing :D

Top Bottom