Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

Is warmonger status decaying? I conquered 4 aztec cities in the start of the game because he was pushing on me too much :D now after like 200 turns there is still 4 civs concerned about my warmongering, like if those peaceful turns meant nothing.

Is warmonger status decaying? I conquered 4 aztec cities in the start of the game because he was pushing on me too much :D now after like 200 turns there is still 4 civs concerned about my warmongering, like if those peaceful turns meant nothing.

there could be a bug yes... I use the warmonger adjustments mod from whoward. In the xml from this mod is "WARMONGER_THREAT_PER_TURN_DECAY" == 10, while in the base game and in my modpack, it is -5 .
So obviously the changes from the mod are not in my modpack...

I have to wait for a reply of whoward, what the differences between -5 and 10 are. Maybe his mod activated, but -5 in the databse, results in this bug...

so.... yes there is a bug in whowards warmonger mod:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=14030357#post14030357

but I'm not sure if this is also the same bug in my modpack, because whowards mistake was to use 10 instead of -10. But in my modpack override folder is -5, which should work fine (although it was not intended to be -5)... So I have to test some variations, for which I have not the time at the moment =/

If you have time, you could try 10 and -10. Just go to Override/Civ5Units.xml in my modpack and change the entry "WARMONGER_THREAT_PER_TURN_DECAY" to 10 or -10. Then try out if this changes anything.
I'm not sure, if this is the solution, but it would help, if you could test and report the result :)

Consider it done! ;)

edit : So far after using -10 value checking diplomacy with aztecs their opinion about my warmongering turned from bright red to dark red (20-30 turns) will play further to test. Other civs are so far unchanged.

Yeah, after like 50 (80 from last city razed) more turns I am quite sure -10 value is far better, now only affected faction is angry with me because of warmongering.

Hi Serp,

thank you for the collection of that mods, that it could be used in MP.

Technical it works, as I tried to play with my brother an epic game on that Earth Map DLC from Firaxis. We set the other 10 AI's two Levels above normal, but they are not able to handle the enhanced gameplay :-(

Anyway, as my brother is many times abusing the barbarians, we had to stop our game this time, as that BONUS TO CONQUERE GENERALS is insane, special in the middle of the game !

SO maybe better to remove that for MP games or reduce it to 10% that is really enough.

Also my brother always keeps that barbarian camps as "chicken camps" and harvesting that barbarians to build himself an elite army ...

so better in MP to reduce exp gain from barbarians back to a maximum of 2 Levels ...
and as you could imagine he also is playing the german civ to have a free army !
and yes he chooses also to get bonuses when he kills barbarian ... fun isn't it.

Anyway, I think next time we will play with random civs for us :) ...

so any chance to reduce General killing Bonus and max. exp gain from killing barbarians ?

PS: The only good change was, that killing barbarians will not give yourself exp. for an own general :)

Hi Serp,

thank you for the collection of that mods, that it could be used in MP.

Technical it works, as I tried to play with my brother an epic game on that Earth Map DLC from Firaxis. We set the other 10 AI's two Levels above normal, but they are not able to handle the enhanced gameplay :-(

Anyway, as my brother is many times abusing the barbarians, we had to stop our game this time, as that BONUS TO CONQUERE GENERALS is insane, special in the middle of the game !

SO maybe better to remove that for MP games or reduce it to 10% that is really enough.

Also my brother always keeps that barbarian camps as "chicken camps" and harvesting that barbarians to build himself an elite army ...

so better in MP to reduce exp gain from barbarians back to a maximum of 2 Levels ...
and as you could imagine he also is playing the german civ to have a free army !
and yes he chooses also to get bonuses when he kills barbarian ... fun isn't it.

Anyway, I think next time we will play with random civs for us :) ...

so any chance to reduce General killing Bonus and max. exp gain from killing barbarians ?

PS: The only good change was, that killing barbarians will not give yourself exp. for an own general :)

thank you for the feedback :)
Yes, it is quite easy to farm barbarian and their generals... In my MP games, we all do this and I like it to level my units that way. So I won't change this in the pack itself.

But you could modify the modpack ;)
For the XP, go into the Override Folder and open Civ5Units.xml. Now search for "BARBARIAN_MAX_XP_VALUE" and change the value from 150 back to whatever you prefer.
To change the gold/culture you get from generals, you go into mods\(BNW) Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v 1)\Lua and open the BarbarianGGScripts.lua file. Search for the lines
Code:
culturebonus = 70 * eratype * SpeedCulture
goldbonus = 70 * eratype * SpeedGold
and change them :)

Of course all the players you play with, need the same changes in their modpack!

Consider it done! ;)

edit : So far after using -10 value checking diplomacy with aztecs their opinion about my warmongering turned from bright red to dark red (20-30 turns) will play further to test. Other civs are so far unchanged.

Yeah, after like 50 (80 from last city razed) more turns I am quite sure -10 value is far better, now only affected faction is angry with me because of warmongering.
Okay thank you for testing :) So with -5 it also works, but only very slow. I will change this in the next version of the modpack, but this could take some months, because I have no time to make a new version at the moment.

Had to make a new account because I forgot my old email password. >_>

Okay, so in multiplayer we haven't gotten past Renaissance; but at least to that point this mod works like a charm. There is an occasional desynch, say every 20-35 turns or so. Completely bearable. So considering this is a multiplayer modpack, I would consider that part a big success. :)

My only problems with it have been in singleplayer, which sucks because using it has spoiled me and I can't go back to the basegame. Essentially, I try to use it with YnAEMP and I get the black squares/missing graphics problem mentioned on the first page. First its notifications and Civ icons, then go the unit icons, then the resource icons. This happens after 3-5 turns from a game load. Restarting fixes it... for 3-5 turns.

The other problem is that JFD's Civilizations do not appear at all in either the base game setup or YnAEMP's menu. I know its this mod because when I remove the pack they work in both.

Despite these singleplayer problems the mod is a huge success for what its namesake is, so I thank you for making it! We've gotten dozens of hours of fun out of it already and we only discovered it Friday. ;P

CONGRATULATION

that was the first time I ever finished a game with "lot of mods" activated without any CTD and unable to finish it.

I even played it in MP Mode alone to see if it would work under MP environment !
Also used a special Earth MP map with TS locations.

As I played with Emperor settings and Marathon the AI won as usual with a science victory, which is because of the problem, that this settings gives too much bonus to science ...
the AI always starts the space rocket around 1920 , which is too early !

SO MY QUESTION, as we want to play with Emperor settings, that the AI has a military chance ...

1.) How to reduce the science bonus for the AI at Emperor settings
2.) How to make the rocket parts A LOT MORE EXPENSIVE

That science victory was always too easy, somehow a joke since the start of civ V

okay once again thank you for your effort to collect all that mods for MP
God bless you :)
THX

<GameData>
<HandicapInfos>
<Update>
<Where Type="HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT" />
<Set>
<ResearchPercent>100</ResearchPercent>
</Set>
</Update>
</HandicapInfos>
</GameData>

Thank you guys :)

@TinySquid:
When enabling additional mods or DLC packed mods like JFD's Civilizations or YnAEMP, there could be hundreds of incompatible things and errors. That is the point of creating a modpack, because without making those mods compatible it is very unlikely they will work together.
So unfortunalty there is nothing I can do to solve these problems (except trying to make them compatible, but these mentioned mods won't work in multiplayer anyway so I see no reason to do the hard work for a multiplayer modpack).
The only solution for you would be, to do not combinate my modpack with other mods. If you want to play YnAEMP and JFD's Civilizations, remove my modpack temporarily from your civ folder.

FlashXAron:
To try the solution vagr0m mentioned, you can search for "ResearchPercent" in my Civ5Units.xml in the Override folder of my modpack. Make sure you are in the correct table. The "Type" of the table should be "HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT".
There are also entries with "HANDICAP_EMPEROR" as a type. There you can change the handicap for a specific difficulty.

Don't forget, that all players you want to play with, need the same changes!

About the rocket parts:
unfortunatley I have no time to find out, where this can be done... You could ask in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=381965
maybe someone gives you the code how to do it, should be xml or sql I guess. Then you could implement it into the Civ5Units.xml file, too.

About the rocket parts:
unfortunatley I have no time to find out, where this can be done... You could ask in this thread: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=381965
maybe someone gives you the code how to do it, should be xml or sql I guess. Then you could implement it into the Civ5Units.xml file, too.

The rocket parts are just regular units in the CIV5Units.xml.
If you want to change their production costs in the modpack, open the override file and search for <Type>UNIT_SS_BOOSTER</Type> and so on, and set the <Cost>1500</Cost> to whatever value you prefer.

<GameData>
<HandicapInfos>
<Update>
<Where Type="HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT" />
<Set>
<ResearchPercent>100</ResearchPercent>
</Set>
</Update>
</HandicapInfos>
</GameData>

Thank's :)

Means this, that the research for all handicap levels is then 100% and therefor the same as the Players?

Thank's :)

Means this, that the research for all handicap levels is then 100% and therefor the same as the Players?

Exactly!
However if you want to implement this change into the modpack, you have to find the modpack's CIV5Units.xml and change it there.
The entry can be found in line 148492 (or search for "<Type>HANDICAP_AI_DEFAULT</Type> " -> ResearchPercent)

The rocket parts are just regular units in the CIV5Units.xml.
If you want to change their production costs in the modpack, open the override file and search for <Type>UNIT_SS_BOOSTER</Type> and so on, and set the <Cost>1500</Cost> to whatever value you prefer.

Thanks so changed some values in the modpack and playing a game with my brother atm ...

so last thing are the parts ... which are major unbalanced. I found in the modpack following settings :

Seems the
<InstanceCostModifier>0</InstanceCostModifier>
could change the value, but does anybody know, which values are valid ?
As it is a modifier,
it could be

1 to any value in %
... so changing that to 100 means 100% more to pay

or is it a multiplicator ?
like "2" means costx2

or only a value like cost + "InstanceCostModifier"

Damn would need a savegame, where I could test it :)
Thank you

<Row>
<ID>56</ID>
<Type>UNITCLASS_SS_COCKPIT</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_SS_COCKPIT</Description>
<MaxGlobalInstances>-1</MaxGlobalInstances>
<MaxTeamInstances>-1</MaxTeamInstances>
<MaxPlayerInstances>1</MaxPlayerInstances>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_SS_COCKPIT</DefaultUnit>
</Row>
<Row>
<ID>57</ID>
<Type>UNITCLASS_SS_STASIS_CHAMBER</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_SS_STASIS_CHAMBER</Description>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_SS_STASIS_CHAMBER</DefaultUnit>
</Row>
<Row>
<ID>58</ID>
<Type>UNITCLASS_SS_ENGINE</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_SS_ENGINE</Description>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_SS_ENGINE</DefaultUnit>
</Row>
<Row>
<ID>59</ID>
<Type>UNITCLASS_SS_BOOSTER</Type>
<Description>TXT_KEY_SS_BOOSTER</Description>
<MaxPlayerInstances>3</MaxPlayerInstances>
<DefaultUnit>UNIT_SS_BOOSTER</DefaultUnit>
</Row>

you need to change the <Cost> value not the <InstanceCostModifier> (im not sure but i suppose the InstanceCostModifier has to do with the units inflation mechanic of the game)... find
the CIV5Units.xml at Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Units

eg.
<Row>
<Class>UNITCLASS_SS_BOOSTER</Class>
<Type>UNIT_SS_BOOSTER</Type>
<PrereqTech>TECH_ADVANCED_BALLISTICS</PrereqTech>
<Cost>1500</Cost>
<Moves>2</Moves>
<CivilianAttackPriority>CIVILIAN_ATTACK_PRIORITY_HIGH</CivilianAttackPriority>
<HurryCostModifier>-1</HurryCostModifier>
<Domain>DOMAIN_LAND</Domain>
<DefaultUnitAI>UNITAI_SPACESHIP_PART</DefaultUnitAI>
<Description>TXT_KEY_SS_BOOSTER</Description>
<Civilopedia>TXT_KEY_PROJECT_SS_BOOSTER_PEDIA</Civilopedia>
<Strategy>TXT_KEY_PROJECT_SS_BOOSTER_STRATEGY</Strategy>
<Help>TXT_KEY_UNIT_HELP_SS_BOOSTER</Help>
<AdvancedStartCost>-1</AdvancedStartCost>
<CombatLimit>0</CombatLimit>
<ProjectPrereq>PROJECT_APOLLO_PROGRAM</ProjectPrereq>
<SpaceshipProject>PROJECT_SS_BOOSTER</SpaceshipProject>
<UnitArtInfo>ART_DEF_UNIT_SS_BOOSTER</UnitArtInfo>
<UnitFlagIconOffset>87</UnitFlagIconOffset>
<IconAtlas>BW_ATLAS_2</IconAtlas>
<PortraitIndex>35</PortraitIndex>
<MoveRate>WHEELED</MoveRate>
</Row>

replace the 1500 value of <Cost> with 3000 to double the production hammers needed to construct

you need to change the <Cost> value not the <InstanceCostModifier> (im not sure but i suppose the InstanceCostModifier has to do with the units inflation mechanic of the game)... find
the CIV5Units.xml at Assets\DLC\Expansion2\Gameplay\XML\Units

Don't change the original files! You might break your game and it won't have any effect when playing with the modpack anyway. ;)

Instead you have to edit the CIV5Units.xml in this folder
Steam\SteamApps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Override

Is there any way to simly change number of players on large/huge maps on multiplayer games ? I've tried to change CIV5Worlds.xml in Expansion2 like before but it does not work. When changing the same in MP_MODSPACK seem to ruin everything as i cannot even select a map.

EDIT : Find the answer myself - found this setting in Civ5Units in mod folder.

Serp and all,

I just installed this mod pack a few days ago and enjoying it except for a bug I'm running into. In multiplayer, whenever I build a trade route (caravan or cargo ship), the assign route button does nothing. All the other functions work, but when I click to try to set up the actual route, the sub-menu never appears to select the destination. Rebooting, exiting the game, restarting Steam, etc...nothing helps.

Running Civ on Windows 10, just in case that matters, and the group of people I'm playing with are all using fresh installs of this mod pack as well, but I'm the only one on 10 and so far the only one that this happens to.

Top Bottom