Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

thank you very much. Fixed link (if you copy pasted the mega link, the site was correct, but just clicking the link was wrong for some reason)

UI Diary:
Of course everyone who still wants it can simply copy the modfile back into it, should be enough.
I thought every mod can potentially slow down something, so if a mod is not needed, it is better to remove it. But no, I'm not aware of any problem.

Turn delay starts usually after ~ 15-25 rounds and only in Multiplayer (never saw it in singleplayer yet). The more rounds, the longer the delay. It is a pause before the turns from AI are processed and while your units automove if they have commands, which makes it quite unusual... since slow pcs simply need longer to process AI turns, but no waiting time before processing them. We always play with multiplayer quickmovement and combat, so this should also not be the problem...

edit:
We played Civ rcently without any mods and it seems it is indeed the internet connection, which is causing the dealy, not the modpack...

Last edited:
Downloaded, half of them say there are missing dependencies and all of them say No in red after "Multiplayer?" When I click on the mod for more info.

Downloaded, half of them say there are missing dependencies and all of them say No in red after "Multiplayer?" When I click on the mod for more info.
Modpacks do work different.
You do not load anything in the mods menu.
You simply copy the whole modpack folder in your DLC section.
Then the game is automatically loaded with all mods active. Don't go to mod section. Simply start any game and all modifications will be there.

Hey Serp,

New to Modpacks, and just downloaded 19b but it crashes before the main menu loads.

I'm on a mac 16g of memory, any thoughts on why?

addition info
- I removed UI_bc1 from my DLC folder before putting 19b in there
- I do have other mods in the docs/aspyr/civ5/MODS folder ( not sure if these affect mod packs)

Hey Serp,

New to Modpacks, and just downloaded 19b but it crashes before the main menu loads.

I'm on a mac 16g of memory, any thoughts on why?

addition info
- I removed UI_bc1 from my DLC folder before putting 19b in there
- I do have other mods in the docs/aspyr/civ5/MODS folder ( not sure if these affect mod packs)
I think I read somewhere that mac users can not use DLL mods (I'm sure that I read this).. and maybe also no modpacks.
So I fear you can not use the modpack =/

I think I read somewhere that mac users can not use DLL mods (I'm sure that I read this).. and maybe also no modpacks.
So I fear you can not use the modpack =/
Hi, Serp. Is that true? I only heard that mods are a problem, DLC's or in this case, modpacks are fine.. Oh, Try to use this to enhance your modpack on pc or whatever. Good luck!

Is anyone playing my modpack in mutliplayer here?
I recently moved from LAN multiplayer to internet multiplayer and noticed increased waiting time, after everyone hit "next turn". https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/steam-internet-game-very-slow-turns.614235/#post-14731471
I think it is caused by bad internet connection, but I would like to make sure that it is not my modpack that is causing the issue... so anyone here who does not have this issue (like described in link) while using the modpack? Or does have same isse even without modpack?

Just found out the big delay between Multiplayer turns is caused by EUI mod.
I played without any real mods, but with EUI active, since it should not affect any gameplay.
Today I played without EUI and the waiting time between turns was 0 or at max 10 seconds, not 30 to 60 seconds as it is with EUI...

How do I go about incorporating an existing mod into this mod? I'm trying to incorporate the historical eras mod so my friends and I can run a marathon game with standard speed production.

How do I go about incorporating an existing mod into this mod? I'm trying to incorporate the historical eras mod so my friends and I can run a marathon game with standard speed production.
copy the modpack plus inserting the new mod. Modify the files that needs to change in order for the game to work

Hi Serp, we like your modpack very much, playing in Multiplayer since about two weeks with two players and 6 KI players, thank you very much.
We have only a few resync problems, maybe after all 50 tuns approximately, but thats not a problem because the game reloads itself fastly.

How do I play your modpack without EUI, as you mencioned above, to reduce the new-round-time?
We like to play the biggest mapsize, but after about 150 turns it becomes slowly. Do I simply remove the UI-bc1 folder? And what will I miss after that?

We detected two bugs, but it is too complicated for me to explain it in english. I am german, can I write you in German?

Vielen Dank von:
Piet

Hi again, we reduced the new round calculating time a lot by using the luajit.dll. That makes the game more playeble using the biggest mapsizes.

Serp: I would like to add new civilizations to your MOD, but after copying multiplayer-prepared-civilization-MODS to the DLC folder they dont appear in the game!?
Do you know any german civ for multiplayer without having to use MPMPM?

We have played your MOD now several times in Multiplayer without problems and with only very few resyncs. Thank you very much for this!

Schöne Grüße
Piet

Last edited:
Hi, sry I'm not around here that often anymore :)

Glad you like it. Yes I also speak german, so you can describe the bugs here in german ;)
Unfortunately I already know a few bugs, but they are caused by the DLL and I have no knowledge about modding DLL.. so no chance to fix them and the creator did not care much about them.

If I remember right, I have a description in one post of this thread, what to do, to play it without EUI. If you don't find it, let me know, then I will look where it is.
Anyway, in first post you can read that the following mods were adjusted to work with EUI:
UI-Expansion, City States Gifts and Various components dll
In the dll I think it is only the YieldIconManager you have to add again (file and maybe also in modinfo). In City States Gift I merged two filed to one (CityDiploPopUp). I don't remember if the merged file is in the mod or in EUI... And I don't know if it will work after EUI is removed... too long time ago :D
The UI expansion... hmm I think it was only a interface fix, so nothing to worry...but not sure :D
EUI is an interface mod, so it will only affect menus and such stuff.

Currently I'm playing without any mods, cause my friends were tired of bugs/crashes/resync/long loading time and such stuff. But although we are playing without any mods, we still have this problem: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/no-action-possible-after-loading-a-game.624591/

About adding new civilizations:
See the post above yours, there I linked how to remove mods. Adding mods is the other way round of course ;)

Last edited:
Thank you Serp,

I explain the two bugs weve detected in german, it only happened once, after playing 10 times approxamatly, so, not a big problem:

In Bild1 sieht man, dass in der Stadtansicht mit einmal unten der Bereich fehlt, wo man Wunder bauen kann. Und das in allen Städten. Auch ein Neuladen des Spiels, auch ein paar Runden zurück hat nichts gebracht.
So wie in Bild2 sollte es sein.

Der andere bug war, das wie in Bild3 links oben miteinmal diese Symbol weg war, so dass man das infomenu nicht mehr öffnen konnte.

Also, keine grossen bugs, nur ein klein wenig ärgerlich, wenn man gerade ein schönes Spiel hat und deswegen neu anfangen muss ;-)

Danke nochmals. für dein tolles MOD.

Ich fürchte, dass mit dem Hinzufügen von MODS hab ich noch nicht verstanden. Gibt es keine Zivilisationen, die man einfach so durch hineinkopieren zu deinem MOD für Multiplayer hinzufügen kann? Ich hätte gern eine, bei der man Einheiten auf Fregatten mitschicken kann ;-)

Schöne Grüße
Piet

Attachments

• Bild2.jpg
    Bild2.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Bild3.jpg
    Bild3.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 193
  • Bild1.jpg
    Bild1.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 171
Hm diesen beiden Sachen sind mir bisher noch nie aufgefallen.
Das mit dem Infomenü ist mir tatsächlich noch nie passiert.
Und das mit den Wundern kann ich mir nur so erklären, dass es einfach keine Wunder gab die du hättest bauen können, kann das sein?
Ich wüsste jedenfalls wirklich nicht, warum/wodurch so ein Fehler auftreten könnte.

Da der EUI Mod sich ums Interface kümmert, könnte es aber sein, dass diese Fehler weg sind, wenn EUI entfernt wird (unter berücksichtigung der anderen 3 mod änderungen).

Ne, durch einfaches reinkopieren des Mod Ordners kann man fast keinen Mod zum Modpack zufügen. Ein Mod besteht aus xml(oder sql) Dateien und lua Dateien, bzw manchmal auch nur eins von denen, je nach dem was er macht. Nur lua Dateien funktionieren durch einfaches reinkopieren ins Modpack. Alles was in xml und sql Dateien steht, musst du per Hand in die Civ5Units.xml Datei des Modpacks eintragen (im Overrides Ordner). Und zwar nicht einfach copy paste, sondern die Werte usw in die richtige Kategorie eintragen usw. Dasselbe dann noch mit der Civ5Units_Mongol bzw Korea. Dort stehen die Texte drin, die eine ist für deutsch, die andere für englisch.
Man kann sich das so vorstellen:
Wenn das Spiel mit mods geladen wird (also singleplayer mit echten mods), dann werden all die xml und sql Dateien ausgeführt und deren Inhalt in eine große Datei geschrieben. Diese große Datei wird dann vom Spiel verwendet und daraus werden Einheitenwerte und vieles mehr draus gelesen. Für Texte jeder Sprache gibts eine eigene Datei. Das MPMPM Ding liest genau diese Dateien aus und speichert die Daten in der Civ5Units.xml sowie den andern beiden für die Sprachen. Und diese Civ5Units Datei wird dann beim Starten mit Modpack verwendet. xml und sql Dateien aus Mods werden garnicht geladen. Nur lua Dateien aus Mods werden geladen, da diese etwas anders funktionieren und nicht in eine große Datei gepackt werden können.

Vielen Dank für die Erläuterungen, Serp.

Das mit den Wundern ist wirklich so gewesen, es hätten mehrere Wunder zm Bauen verfügbar gewesen sein müssen.

Ich werd mich mal ranmachen, wenn ich viel Zeit und Lust habe, mit MPMPM oder manuell nach deinen Anleitungen neue Zivilisationen zu integrieren. Viel Zeit bleibt ja nicht, man muss ja spielen ;-)

Wir spielen jetzt übrigens nicht mehr "riesig", weil die Rundenneuberechnung nach ca. 170 Runden auch mit der neuen luajit.dll einfach irgendwann zu lange dauert. Bei "gross" gehts noch, mal sehen, wie lange. Vielleicht bekomme ich es auch hin, EUI zu deaktivieren. Mal sehen, was das bringt.

Schöne Grüße
Piet

wie das entfernen von EUI geht hatte ich hier beschrieben:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...improved-gameplay.548674/page-3#post-13955451
Probier mal obs tatsächlich so geht, ist ja schon ein bisschen was dazu gekommen seit dem und ich habs selbst nie ausprobiert.

Du kannst mir ja mal einen zivilisationsmod zeigen, den du unbedingt möchtest. Dann flieg ich da mal kurz rüber und kann dir sagen wieviel aufwand das ist.

vielen Dank für dein Angebot mit dem zivilisationsmod. Find icj klasse!.
Muss ich aber erstmal wiederfinden, war irgendwo in der langen Liste von MODs in Steam. Ich glaube, jemand hatte den Norweger so erweitert, dass er auf einem Schiff Einheiten mitnehmen konnte. Wenn ichs gefunden hab, schreib ich dir.

Heute hab ich mich eine Stunde lang mit einem Grafikfehler herumgeschlagen. Nach dem Windowsupdate heute morgen hat miteinmal beim Spielen der Bildschirm geflackert. Erst nach manueller Neuinstallation des internen Grafiktreibers für die HD 4400 hörte es auf. Und das, wo ich doch über die Grafikkarte spiele!? Das wird mir jedenfalls auch nach dem Start von CIV V von dem NVIDIA GPU Monitor-Fenster angezeigt, dass die civilization11.exe über die GeForce 730M läuft.
Aber warum flackert dann der Bildschirm oder besser gesagt, warum flackert er nach dem update der Treiber für die interne Grafikkarte nicht mehr, wenn ich die doch gar nicht benutze!?

Top Bottom