Serps Multiplayer Modpack Improved Gameplay

@Lt_Karan let me know when you can help to improve sth.
For example I just noticed that when you save the game, while it is paused (because somone disconnected) and you do not wait for him to reconnect and instead load this savegame, the game will not unpause... and right now I don't know where I should put unpause code to fix this...

I got this code from this one and slightly adjusted it:
https://github.com/gskleres/nqmod-vs2008

As of right now, I'm trying to make changes to the DLL so multiplayer trading is fixed. Your work on the DLL is amazing, right now I'm slightly confused about how to compile it though (using modbuddy or VS2008) Would be helpful if you have the link to a guide for compiling the DLL (I have the source)

EDIT: I am trying to compile WHowards v88 but it only seems compatible with VS2015

Last edited:
As of right now, I'm trying to make changes to the DLL so multiplayer trading is fixed. Your work on the DLL is amazing, right now I'm slightly confused about how to compile it though (using modbuddy or VS2008) Would be helpful if you have the link to a guide for compiling the DLL (I have the source)

EDIT: I am trying to compile WHowards v88 but it only seems compatible with VS2015
Simply follow the thread I linked in the readme ( https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/building-a-dll-based-mod-in-2019.645887/ ). Install exactly the VS versions described in post 1 (downloads in post 3 and 4) in the exact same order. No need for 2015/2019 and no need for modbuddy. Then you can open and compile the 2015 file with VS 2010

If it helps I'm developing a fork off of Whoward's changes as well, targeting Civ5 multiplayer -

Changelist and associated mod can be found here:

There are some other bugs that I've fixed, one of them is a desync issue caused by the barbarian valid plot check.
Plenty of other bug fixes though.
Everything is in git commit history and pretty well documented/cleaned up.
I periodically archive a branch and start working off of one rebased/cleaned up for easier tracking history.

Personally, I like your mp releases Serp!
thanks. I was still not able to fix the seldom random freeze in multiplayer and there are several other issues, like happiness dropping into negative during turn-processing for clients, causing barbarians to spawn, although happiness is positive during turn..
So I will not publish the modpack v20 as download link, but since the code and and also some new mods I wrote myself is quite interesting (personally I like "Random Traits Plus (v 2)" very much), I uploaded it on github now:

bc1: EUI is still included there, but I don't expect much people to download the modpack, and I found no download link for EUI 1.29a at your modpage (I see the "Update" of that version, but no way to download) and it is just too complicated for users otherwise. Just imagine a modpack that asks the user to download every single from ~50 mods themself and then putting them together file by file in correct order. modpacks are needed for multiplayer unfortunately, so it is firaxis to blame here. But I wrote in my readme that downloaders should support you by downloading EUI latest version also directly before using my modpack.

Last edited:
Top Bottom