Server time off again...

ravensfire

Member of the Opposition
Posting this at 11:48am local time (CST).

Per the message, this was posted at 11:36am.

-- Ravensfire

:lol: It's only 8 minutes. The server time will never be perfect, away back to the Demogame ;)

Someone keeps forgetting to wind it up.

Originally posted by Gainy bo
:lol: It's only 8 minutes. The server time will never be perfect, away back to the Demogame ;)

Hey - it's getting violent in there - the Bab's just declared war.

It is odd that the time keeps drifting though - none of the servers at my house have that issue. Of course, neither of them are forum servers though!

-- Ravensfire

Originally posted by col
Someone keeps forgetting to wind it up.

Hehe, TF is getting really busy . . .

Anyway, it doesn't really matter. I mean, we can just look at the time on our computers. in fact, why do we have the time on the server at all?

So that posts can be timestamped and thus appear within threads in the order in which they were posted, for one thing.

Originally posted by MarineCorps
Um the fact that the clock is slow doesn't mean that posts won't appear in the right order.

Exactly, the posts will be slow the same for everyone, since the clock will be slow for everyone the same amount of time. Or something. All I mean is that the posts will some in the same order, since the clock is slow for EVERYONE (except TF, I'll bet . . .)

Your question "why do we have the time on the server at all?" definately sounded as if you implied that the server didn't need any kind of timer, which Ekl pointed out that it does need.

Originally posted by Dell19
Your question "why do we have the time on the server at all?" definately sounded as if you implied that the server didn't need any kind of timer, which Ekl pointed out that it does need.

Ya, ok, I don't think I completely read and understood his post before I posted again after it. I understand now. I shall just reference to my US-Atomic Clock time for the correct time . . .

TF should set it so that it gets the correct time from the atomic clock site every day (if possible). Then these threads wouldn't be an issue...we could blame the persons' PC clock.

Originally posted by hbdragon88
TF should set it so that it gets the correct time from the atomic clock site every day (if possible). Then these threads wouldn't be an issue...we could blame the persons' PC clock.

That is a good idea, actually. I have my computer time set to the US Atomic Clock, and, providing that my ISP will let it, it updates every day. Gotta love that Ceasium Decay Clock (which is what the US Atomic Clock uses, IIRC).

Top Bottom