Setting default settings for new games

Robert Smith

Prince
I have tried to change following UserSettings in config.ini by setting the corresponding digit to either a 1 or a 0 depending on whether I want it on or off.

; Last Game Options Played
LastGameOptions = 000000010000110100000

But no effect, the only ones that has effect is Quick combat/move and they could also be turn off/on using Option page.

Anyone knows how to save advanced options?

Do you mean like the "Play Now" option?
If you go to set up game, then advanced options, you can select whatever you want, then hit the BACK button, then start the game, it will save your leader, map type, size, difficulty, and pace and will use those for your next 'play now' and 'set up game'. Sadly it never saves any advanced options, it seems

Makes me wish for 'regen map' option too

You'd have to adjust the xml.

Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions.xml

Any you want on by default just add the line:

<Default>true</Default>

I'd put it between the <Help> line and </Row>

But you'd probably have to redo this every patch.... and also there's a few Expansion settings in a separate file (one of them currently invisible):

Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions_Expansion.xml

Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions.xml

<Default>true</Default>

But you'd probably have to redo this every patch.... and also there's a few Expansion settings in a separate file (one of them currently invisible):

Steam\steamapps\common\sid meier's civilization v\Assets\DLC\Expansion\Gameplay\XML\GameInfo\CIV5GameOptions_Expansion.xml
Thy :goodjob:

<Default>true</Default>

Thy :goodjob:

I remember doing that on my PC. But I can't found the XML file on my Mac. Folder is empty :(

XML may be default hidden on Macs... not sure. I don't use a Mac, but I'd suspect the files are there just your file browser hides em by default.

Top Bottom