[GS] Settler can't settle

MilesGregarius2

Chieftain
upload_2021-10-8_20-25-1.png

I can't get this settler to settle on this tile or any other tile nearby. As you can see, there is no settle option on the settler. Delete, move, pass, sleep, yes, but no settle.

I've tried multiple reloads. I've tried waiting a few turns. I've tried moving around. Nothing.

I reloaded to before settling my second city (blue border to the right.) Settling in this spot was fine. After the second city, no go.

Any idea what give's?

No one answered since October?
Ooooch...

From the print-screen you give, the answer is simple. But absolutely not obvious if you do not know it!
  • Look at the pop-up for the hex, you can read "Impassable". There are some landmarks that does NOT allow any improvements on their tiles, or adjacent tiles. The Giant's Causeway you have discovered is one of them: 1 tile in water + 1 land tile - where you try to create a city...- . Another one would be also the Cliffs of Dover with the hexes behind the cliffs closed to business. The Galapagos totally unusable, etc. The tiles does not allow a modification, not only farming/mining, but also creating a city. The tiles are "dead".
  • What is not obvious, if not misleading, is that the AI suggesting the locations does not take into account this constraint (not possible to build something ), The icon suggests something theoretical, not practically possible.
It is as simple as that.

For more info :
https://civilization.fandom.com/wiki/Giant's_Causeway_(Civ6)

Top Bottom