SGOTM 14 - The Wizard of Oz - Maintenance Thread

AlanH probably meant International Meridian (aka Prime or Greenwich Median).

Sun Tzu Wu

The international dateline intersects the eastern part of the Pacific ocean. It can't both be midnight there and midnight in Paris at the same time. Please clarify your statement.

Sun Tzu Wu
Picky! A copy and paste error. I've changed the Paris time to 12 noon. OK?

For everyone who was as confused as I was about when the SGOTM-14 ends. I picked a city in the time zone just east of the International Dateline, but it had to be a time zone that didn't have daylight savings time (why a country near the equator would want daylight savings time is a mystery). So after exhaustive research, I finally determined that the SGOTM-14 deadline is defined being in the NUT:

http://www.timeanddate.com/library/abbreviations/timezones/pacific/nut.html

You must submit your final save by the time the clock in the above page ticks to Dec 10th, 23:59:59 (11:59:59 PM) NUT. Good luck with that to any team that hasn't yet done so.

Just to validate that I had the correct time zone (there is actually one an hour later than this at UTC -12), I cross checked with the time in Paris. NUT is 12 later than CET (Paris), so Dec 10th, 23:59:59 -> midnight in NUT would be Dec 11, noon in CET (Paris).

Have a lot fun ...

Sun Tzu Wu

The results are posted here

Watch this forum for the next exciting SGOTM ....

Top Bottom