SGOTM 15 - Xteam

Even when I drive, I do ask my wife for her opinion on what direction to go, occasionally... :mischief:

edit -
:eek:
10,000 posts :band:

Delhi settled, 1E and save made, attached below.
edit - reminder, these are actual game saves, NOT test games.

Also, changed turn and moved Warrior to Stone hill, save and screenie below.

Attachments

• Xteam_SG015_BC4000_Dehli_Settled.CivBeyondSwordSave
    36.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Xteam_SG015_BC-3960_Warrior_Stone.CivBeyondSwordSave
    38.7 KB · Views: 39
  • 3960BC_XTeam15_Situation.jpg
    3960BC_XTeam15_Situation.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 222
Normally, I would scout along the riverlines, go NW and then follow around to our south and then east, looking for city sites.

Is there anyplace else that we need to look at?

Normally, I would scout along the riverlines, go NW and then follow around to our south and then east, looking for city sites.

Works for me... between the warrior scouting and the border pop, we can hopefully do some extensive testing.

Congratz to 10k Leif! :goodjob:

I'd suggest warrior NW -> SW the next two turns. Then counter-clockwise to the south.
Just a rough idea though.

Took a quick look at the Victory-, Demo- and Religionscreen, forgot to take screenshots though :(

The map is huge. :eek: A good estimate for landtiles is a low sealevel Terramap.

Buddhism: 90% which confirms that everyone is in a Buddha-Fanclub. :crazyeye:

I have no idea what causese the increased soldier count. My best guess would be a simple two archer addition for every civ.

Conclusion: We could have more than reasonable amount of land to settle, likely no early rush target and a bit of barb protection will come in handy. That might be a reason to give the AI a bit more protection, too.

Thanks Undecided. :)

OK, have played through 3800 BC, city boundaries expanded. Made saves before changing turns, if you need one, please ask.

Have met Toku.

Good thing we settled where we did, nothing south but ocean. :)

Demo screens:

Attachments

• 3880BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    3880BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 195
  • 3920BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    3920BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 240
  • 3960BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    3960BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 233
  • 3840BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    3840BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 296
  • 3800BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    3800BC_SG15_Demo_Screen.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 243
  • 3840BC_SG15_Meet_Toku.jpg
    3840BC_SG15_Meet_Toku.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 216
  • Xteam_SG015_BC-3800.CivBeyondSwordSave
    48.1 KB · Views: 60
So far, so good.

Suggest going no further south with the warrior than onto the forest 2S of the gems (moving SW,SE), unless there's more land further south than seems likely, then head back to 2N of gems to see what seafood resources there are for a possible city sited there.

The testing I did and posted (p8:#156 ) would seem relevant. I produced several warriors in the course of generating the two workers, so shouldn't be a problem finding out what kind of mountain barrier(s) the map maker has created.

:lol: Looks like Neil got over his resource lust from the last SGOTM. Lots less on this map.

I agree, warrior goes SW, SE, then back north. We need to prioritize a settler to get those gems online. Next warrior can head east.

Once we home in on our gems city site, we can begin testing.

/Edit: Figures Togu is in the game. However, he should not be a factor for AP, we can kill him off.

Suggest going no further south with the warrior than onto the forest 2S of the gems (moving SW,SE)

Agree, our very fast 3rd border pop will take care of most the scouting in the south, since we're probably in the south of the map we can send a warrior there later.

The testing I did and posted (p8:#156 ) would seem relevant. I produced several warriors in the course of generating the two workers, so shouldn't be a problem finding out what kind of mountain barrier(s) the map maker has created.

These mountain barriers look indeed suspicious, as does the water in the NE. :think:

Figures Togu is in the game. However, he should not be a factor for AP, we can kill him off.

Pretty unimaginative from neilmeister , i thought he would pair him with another civ atleast. ;)
He's also quite close, if me met him this turn. Unfortunately for him i think we have to get rid of him pretty fast. Lets see if he has met somebody on the next turn and find his capital as fast as possible. Good thing is we're already one turn ahead of him, because he had to go through anarchy.

There is another thing that has "mapmaker" written all over it. On this turn somebody is already at size 2 and produces 10 Food per turn. That would be even more impressive if this civ had to go through anarchy also. Somebody might've found a worker in his presettled city. :crazyeye:

I wonder if the now necessary AH tech will change CP's testing. I don't know if i'm sold on BW we don't have that many forests around and will likely need fishing at some point in the near future too. The "good" thing about our neighbor is that he starts with fishing/wheel so we get a discount already on those techs iirc.

Hopefully we find a good production site in the next couple turns. I don't think we can kill - or defend against - toku with shiny stones ;)

Will update my test save later today to put the start in the south and add a couple things based on our new info.

He's also quite close, if me met him this turn. Unfortunately for him i think we have to get rid of him pretty fast. Lets see if he has met somebody on the next turn and find his capital as fast as possible. Good thing is we're already one turn ahead of him, because he had to go through anarchy.
If we are planning to kill Toku, we had better find some metals, copper or iron.

I wonder if the now necessary AH tech will change CP's testing. I don't know if i'm sold on BW we don't have that many forests around and will likely need fishing at some point in the near future too. The "good" thing about our neighbor is that he starts with fishing/wheel so we get a discount already on those techs iirc.
See above, perhaps this will be a race to claim the copper? Should not delay BW too long if this is the case. Or, may need Horses to defend against Toku Axes?

This city site looks pretty good to me:

Attachments

• 3800BC_SG15_Second_City.jpg
    3800BC_SG15_Second_City.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 221
Toku as the leader of Japan, that sounds pretty restricted to me... :lol:

There is another thing that has "mapmaker" written all over it. On this turn somebody is already at size 2 and produces 10 Food per turn. That would be even more impressive if this civ had to go through anarchy also. Somebody might've found a worker in his presettled city. :crazyeye:

Strange things are going on. :eek:

One civ has 29 land tiles. This can't be from second border pop on T5, they must have had an extra settler! :crazyeye:

How can Toku have 20 culture in his capital and how can he have 10/4 espionage against us? :confused:

Edit: Would be nice to have 2nd city on the river for immediate trade routes and fast religion spread, but let's see if there's any seafood. :yumyum:

Top Bottom