SGOTM 18 - BadCiv

just chiming in from vacation to say good work & good luck yall! I'll be back on Wednesday night.

what do you mean by "rot" ?

The only tiles Invasion Site would have exclusively is the floodplain 2N of the Copper, the ocean tile 1SE of the Fish, and the four coast tiles east/southeast of the Fish. Woodstock is/would be a much stronger city overall. I believe Woodstock should have control over the shared tiles and leave Invasion Spot its exclusive tiles after its purpose of creating a navy and acting as a launch point has been served. Could give it tiles if need be for something in particular, but I don't see any reason to grow it beyond size 2-4.

we will (eventually) need a lot of spies for the Swinger's Pad, so once Invasion Point has outlived its usefulness we could set it to make spies and nothing else

Soooo who's up for the turns? Boak? Is epicftw.com domain owner Boak going to sally forth? I can if need be but we could use more discussion, too.

i thought boak was contacting the admin or something. maybe he wants to sit out one more turnset. in that case, you'd be up drach.

i'm still pushing for settling invasion spot, getting some copper-based defenders up at the choke, and then grabbing the parth and pagoda. i have no idea what our cities have been up to the last 10 turns, however.

I pm'd AlanH and asked about if I should reinstall BUFFY, he said to just leave it be. I think I'll probably be playing on my tablet now though, so I can free up some SSD space on my PC, so I guess it didn't really matter anyway.

I'd prob prefer to sit out one more round of turns just so I can get back into the swing of things and get a handle on where we're at.

Turn 60: Reviewing the situation. First thing I do is cancel our gift of Bacon to Joao and instead trade Bacon for Steak. This is slightly unfavourable; we must secure the Bacon.

Joao has used our Bacon to expand to just outside our western mountain line... We could possibly still place a city where we had wanted earlier, but the :culture: war would definitely favour the Portuguese for a while.

Washington has a Settler sitting for a two pop whip with 34:hammers: overflow... only thing to whip into would be the Parth, which would dilute the GPP, a barracks, or a worker/settler... This is why we could use more discussion. ~_~; I'm going to whip into a barracks... war is going to be soon enough.

We're losing 2:gold: at 90% research and the treasury is at 4:gold:. We'll be gaining 1:gold: at 80%.

Turn 61: Barracks will be at 37/50(3t) and growth in 3 turns. Perfect. Moving the Settler towards Invasion Spot. Cancel one worker on the farm 1N of Woodstock to finish road leading to the city, but it unfortunately does not reduce the time the Settler will be hoofin' it.

Mansa has Wheat to trade. He must have some nice land. (EDITOR'S NOTE: TOO TRUE. :eek:)

Turn 62: Joao demands we adopt Judaism. Discussion. I decline which puts him at Annoyed... the +1 diplo from resources should be coming soon, I hope. Otherwise it'll be Joao who's coming. He won't trade technologies anymore. :( Oh, he demanded the same turn he converted. How brotherly.

Have to reduce research to 80%, losing us 4:science: but gaining us 2:gold:.

Settler is one tile from Invasion Spot; can settle instantly.

See more of Mansa's lands. Good god.

Warrior can see into two of Genghis' cities... two archers in Ning-hsia, an axeman in Beshbalik.

Turn 63: Settling 60s British Pop brings us down to 70% breakeven research rate. It is instantly a part of our :traderoute:. Starting it on a granary working the unmined Copper. Have two workers on the Copper to get that flowing. Next should be a fishing boat to explore/net, IMO.

Genghis has two archers, another axe, and a spearman pop into vision at random points. Axemen will be coming online shortly, thankfully. However, he's not plotting on us, yet.

I had moved a worker back to finish off the cottage at Washington, but, uh, has 3 turns left.

Groove York has three forest hills already prechopped.

Turn 64: Goldmember adopts Hereditary Rule... sheesh.

We're now gaining +1:gold: at 70% research. Literature finishes next turn.

Woodstock is size 3, still can't whip granary. Take it off an unfarmed floodplain and put it on the unmined hill until we can whip. We're at a slightly awkward situation with Groove York: The pigs are the main food source but it has nothing secondary to wean off of.

Copper is online! Washington can make 5t axemen. I have it on a warrior (military police) which I'll let it finish, then switch to axes. 60s British Pop is at 7:hammers: a turn with the mined Copper. I'm swapping it to a 5t workboat to get some exploration in before going back to the granary.

Turn 66: Apparently I've been a turn behind? Yeah, I'm tired. But I'm going to stop here.

Reasons why: Literature finished - where to put the Great Library? Mansa wants Literature and he just finished Construction.

Great Spy is born next turn. First should be settled, yes? I don't use spies much as our Homeland's Mod was created because of the unbalanced nature of espionage.

We need to talk about Mansa's land.

Yeahhhh..... :mischief:

KEY NOTES:

Everything is unmoved/unused, including workers.

I forgot that we'd lose warriors once the Copper hooked up, so it automatically became a spearman with 2-3t left. Might want to keep it anyway.

The Save:

Bad Civ 1360BC

some thoughts:

1.) mansa's land: lllllllllllllllllllllllol

2.) 60s British Pop really needs that workboat! in general, you always want to get food hooked up before anything else in a city. we'd also like to have 2 workboats here, so we can finally scout out what the heck goldmember is doing!!

3.) denying the request to become jewish was a really big mistake I think. :( i felt like rejecting mansa was a really iffy decision simply because I wasn't sure how joao (and subsequently GK) would turn out. now that joao is jewish, GK will certainly follow suit. joao won't give us open borders until he's cautious, and he wont trade with us until then either. in addition, we can't get those sweet sweet foreign trade routes without open borders. now, it will be almost impossible to get to cautious with him. we can try gifting him aesthetics to make up for it, but it sounds like we haven't even started on either of those 2 wonders yet. otherwise, we should just switch into judiasm now anyways, and eat that permanent -2 hit to relations.

4.) speaking of wonders, we really need to get moving on that. our entire strategy, as I imagined it, rested on getting those three wonders. at the very least, we should try to get the great library. if mansa gets that, i'm not sure how else we can recover...

5.) the spearman is good, in my opinion. i'd like to get a spearman and an axeman fortified at that choke asap. we need to whip harder!!!

6.) the great spy is good to settle I think. alternatively, we could us him to explore a bit first, or to just infiltrate mansa's empire so we can steal some techs. (e.g. construction !!!!!) the latter of which would pay off now, while settling would help later when we're trying to flip the swinger's pad via culture.

I should've converted when Joao asked, yeah. We should hopefully have the resource diplo coming online soon which will bump him back up to Cautious. We could also just convert on our own or wait for another demand to do so.

60s British Pop only has 1-2 turns into the granary. I swapped it to a work boat after the Copper was mined. We're at 7:hammers: a turn there so it'll be out in 5t with 5:hammers: overflow into the granary or another workboat. I think the name is amazing, personally.

Crazy idea I have is related to the city 3W of the Horsies that Joey saw and I keep bringing up. If our relations with Joao were better and we knew when his third ring of culture was it would be less crazy. Idea is/was to get a settler there ASAP while pre chopping 3 forested hills that it would share with Groove York. First turn or two it's settled, chop the forests into The Great Library (350:hammers:). Would give the city 150:hammers: if I have my math correct. There's another forest 1S of the city/1N of the Wheat that could also be chopped. If Joao hadn't expanded here, could also have the forest 1E of the Cow/1SW of the Dyes. Again, this would be a longshot but pretty funny if it worked, plus the city would be decently suited to be a GPP farm with a pair of 4:food: tiles and a 5:food: tile.

For a more realistic approach, we might have to bite the bullet and just throw it into Groove York. Washington could also build it but we've used its forests so it's be a slow build/whip overflow into.

As for the Great Spy, settling now seems a slightly better choice to me. We'd have to build spies in order to capitalize on our EP, but that'd be better suited a bit in the future, when we don't have Genghis potentially harming us. Could also run the mission, build 1-2 spies, then steal the tech that we desperately need at the time. Hrm.

I looked at Mansa's lands and swore very soft and slow.

ps: y'all seeing the maintenance chat thread? lmfao

I don't even know what pause mode is :confused:

I guess the lesson to take from this is, don't make peace with anyone ever :hammer:

Any thoughts on our religious persuasion? Should we swap to Judaism now or wait for another demand? If/when we swap, do want to pick up Organized Religion? Would help our buildings, obviously, and we could convert Genghis if it hasn't happened already.

Citywise, do we feel a need for anything else at the moment? The only thing immediately available to us is the Stone city, which is pretty much junk besides the Stone itself and the Clams.

I don't think we have Monotheism so no Organized Religion. plus itd mean an extra turn of anarchy, blah

Top Bottom