SGOTM 18 - BadCiv

Mansa still has missionaries prowling around, preaching against Bacon and preaching about golems. I doubt he'd send more our way since we already have two cities with Judaism, which really only leaves Genghis and Dr. Evil. If he does send them to the Bad Doc, it'll be roughly 10 turns for one to even trudge through the jungle and hills to get to (probably) Swinger's Pad. That would slightly help keep him off our backs for now.

But yeah, I don't see any point to not convert right now. Like I said, I should've when Joao demanded it, but can't change that now.

Dr. Evil has an innate -70 hatred of us so I wouldn't count on religion helping him stay at peace.

Dr. Evil has an innate -70 hatred of us so I wouldn't count on religion helping him stay at peace.

I hate you Austin Powers, and no matter how nice you try to be, I hate you!:p:lol:

Maybe in 4231CE after we've annihilated the last Bacon we can finally move past such petty things as "hatred" and "diplomacy".

how come all the other teams bar one haven't played nearly as many turns as us?

ok so first up im going to switch to judaism and see if anyone will give us anything for aesthetics.

where are we going to build our wonders? we should prob get started on the paya asap if we're going to be giving out aesthetics (have we given it to anyone yet?).

i haven't ended turn after switching to judaism yet, and joao will trade iron working + archery for aesthetics. this seems like a good enough deal so i'll probably accept this shortly unless someone tells me not to.

Turn 66:

I switched to Judaism. Joao gives us Iron Working and Achery for Aesthetics. Pre-chopping some more forests around Groove York ready for a wonder (paya perhaps?)

Turn 67:

Joao likes us enough now that he'll sign open borders. Whipped Spearman in Washington 1turn before it grows to 5. Mansa is 3 turns away from Monarchy.

Turn 68:

Great Spy is born in Washington, which I settle. I give the Spearman Woodsman 1 since it'll be defending our choke.

Gandhi won't trade us meditation because they "dont want to start trading this tech away just yet" does that mean he might have started Shwedagon Paya? (cant remember if we gave him Aesthetics or not)

Washington moved on to producing an Axeman which was in the build queue, it'll be done in 3 turns with the 24:hammers: whip overflow.

Turn 69:

Funny number alert!! Our peace treaty with Dr Evil has expired. Groove York grows to size 5. Washington has plenty of happiness so I whip the axeman for 26:hammers: just before it grows to 5 again.

Joao founds another city somewhere.

Mansa finishes Monarchy and starts tech currency.

Turn 70:

Work Boat from 60s British Pop finishes. Do we want to use that on the fish straight away or should we scout Goldmember first? If the latter should we build another work boat now or let it continue work on the Granary?

Stopping here for now cos I want to get some input from yall on the following:

- What do we want to build in Washington now? there's 26:hammers: overflow currently available.
- Where are we going to build the Great Library?
- Do we still want the Shwedagon Paya? If so we need to secure mediation soon.
- What do we want to do with the work boat from 60s British Pop?

I don't recall trading Aesthetics to Gandhi, but the easiest way to check is to see if it's listed as an option to trade in the Diplo screen. Or show us what the foreign advisor's tech screen says.

Groove York can churn out a wonder the quickest, so if it looks like Gandhi is building S. Paya, it should go there, otherwise I think Great Library (to beat Mansa). Then whichever isn't being build can go in Washington

I'd use the boat to scout first

how come all the other teams bar one haven't played nearly as many turns as us?

theyre probably deliberating more, we seem to be doing OK at our casual trust-your-gut pace.. could mean we're either lucky or its just a matter of time before everything comes crashing down in horrible failure...... :sheep:

I doubt there's any good trades available for Meditation? We can probably self research it in 2-3t, but we'll have to focus heavily on building Paya right after. Might be safer to use 3 or so of the chops in Groove York on Paya, then save the rest for Great Library. Washington's the only other city that could possibly build either and it's been double whipped.

Does anyone have Literature besides us? Last I saw Mansa wanted it and no one else had it or the prerequisite techs. If that's still the case, we should focus on Paya for now, then immediately switch to Great Library. Also make sure to cancel our Marble gift to Genghis before starting GL!

I doubt there's any good trades available for Meditation? We can probably self research it in 2-3t, but we'll have to focus heavily on building Paya right after. Might be safer to use 3 or so of the chops in Groove York on Paya, then save the rest for Great Library. Washington's the only other city that could possibly build either and it's been double whipped.

Does anyone have Literature besides us? Last I saw Mansa wanted it and no one else had it or the prerequisite techs. If that's still the case, we should focus on Paya for now, then immediately switch to Great Library. Also make sure to cancel our Marble gift to Genghis before starting GL!

i'll check again when I get home but iirc nobody has it yet and Mansa is the only one who can research it. Mansa is also researching Currency atm

yeah ok. nothing much has really happened since i started my turns but i'll do a full set of screenshots like i did last time.

i wont be at my pc for a while tho so check back in like 90 mins or so.

ps where is everyone? lets get some discussion/theorycraft going on the latest developments in the world of Austin BadCiv!!

well the problem is that we don't have an overview of what the hell are cities are up to or what resources/units we have and so it's really hard to visualize a plan of action. it'd be also nice to have an overview of the diplomatic situation and mansa's demographics...

whoops i hella forgot about doing the screenies!!!

doin it now yall. stay tuned.

City Screens for our 4 cities:
Spoiler :

All the useful Advisor screens:
Spoiler :

The world as we know it:
Spoiler :

The only tech trade available to us at the moment is Literature to Mansa for Priesthood: :thumbsdown:
Spoiler :

let me know if theres anything else you want me to snap!

also, to summarise heres what we need to work out atm:

- What do we want to build in Washington now? there's 26 overflow currently available.
- Where are we going to build the Great Library?
- Do we still want the Shwedagon Paya? If so we need to secure mediation soon.
- What do we want to do with the work boat from 60s British Pop?

I don't really know what I think about the first 3 items, but I do think we should scout with the first workboat. I'll do some theorycraft on the differences between building another boat straight away vs delaying it for something else but I'm pretty sure the numbers will support just building the 2nd one right now.

Washington should focus on military unless it's going to start on Great Library or Paya.

As to where to build Great Library, I'd have to say it's gotta be Groove York. It's the only city capable of putting it up in a short time and Mansa is probably itching to pick up Literature after Currency. I don't think we'd need to use all of the chops, but definitely at least 2-3. Gandhi doesn't have Alphabet, Genghis doesn't have Writing, Joao doesn't have Alphabet, and Dr. Evil doesn't have Aesthetics (which leads to Literature). Remember to get Marble back from Genghis.

We're at -1:gold:pt at 70% science making 37:beakers:, so something around 65% is our breakeven. Meditation is 80:beakers:. We can crank it out in 3t even at 60% science. Mansa, Genghis, and Joao don't have it either, just Dr. Evil and Gandhi. We might even be able to swing it as part of a trade in the future, in our favour. I'd say either finish Mathematics and then switch, or switch now.

Another thing we could do is start Great Library right now in Groove York, let it get to <5t remaining, then trade Literature for Mathematics with Mansa. It's obviously not good to help one of the tech leaders - not to mention the best in the game - but it would save a few turns. Then we could start Paya in Washington or Groove York.

As for the workboat, I'd have to say use it to scout the weird coast tile to the SE, then net the Fish. We can wait for the second workboat; it'll only be useful once Stone City comes online. Alternatively, could still get it out (after the Granary IMO) and have it scout to the southwest. If it survives, we can just bring it back to our culture until it's ready to be used.

I think our main focus after/during the wonders is military. We're a tad lacking in power and we're more than likely going to have to attack out to get some better land. The only city we have left is Stone City which is absolutely horrible save for its two resources.

hmmm.... i agree with TGL in groove city, if we can double whip that library this turn. MAKE SURE YOU GET THE MARBLE BACK FROM GENGHIS. then, whenever we can trade lit for the rest of math, do that, and chop out at least 2 forest, but NOT THE ONE ON OUR CHOKE. the capital should pump out a pair of axes and a spear and put them on the choke. whip hard, but don't drywhip. the workboat should build fishing nets right away, but build (whip after a turn) another workboat ASAP to scout. i'm still guessing that we'll need construction to take out goldmember, but I suggest that be our next plan of action. a 5th city at the stone/crab site isnt a bad idea.

i don't think we can get the pagoda or panetheon any more, we might have waited too long for these...

Top Bottom