SGOTM 23 - Unallocated

As long as there is a path of our culture, our vassal's culture and our Defensive Pact's culture for the Orient Express to run from Istanbul to our city in the Far East, we should be fine. I agree with ikotomi, that we could start razing cities now and quickly replace the razed cities with our settlers. I also agree with the rest of his plan.

Religious Leader Diplomatic Victory was just a way to possibly win before we could wipe out all the AIs (Conquest Victory with possibly one vassal), which is definitively taking much longer than getting to Railroad took us.

I could take next turn set in about 10 hours, but I really think that someone else should take it. Let's try to keep to the player rotation as much as possible, yet complete the game successfully with a few days to spare.

I guess no one else is able to start a turn set now, so I will take the save in about an hour.

Good luck, Sun Tzu Wu! I like the plan as described by you and ikotomi. We just neeed to finish off the AIs while getting our rrailroad built and our culture controlling the path. Let's wrap this one up. :hammer:

One thing to note, next civic change we should probably switch to Police State. Kind of a missed opportunity earlier, but we might get a few turns of use out of it.

Ok, Police State and Islam when our second Golden Age starts in 2t.

State property is the biggest one, since that will eliminate most of the maintenance.

t205: We complete Communism; start Military Science for Blitz, Commando promotions and Military Academies.

t205: We start a second Golden Age with our Great Scientist and Great Spy from Communism

t205: We adopt Police State, (Nationhood), (Slavery), State Property, and (Theocracy). Civics in parentheses means they did not change; they are only reminders of which civics stayed the same.

t205: We converted back to Islam

t205: Great General generated in Novgorod

t205: Gandhi dies

t205: Declared War on Mao to decimate his stack that just teleported out of Bombay 1-NE.

t205: starting Heroic Epic (2t) in Memphis

t205: starting The Kremlin (4t) in Berlin

I'm pausing the game at the end of t205. I plan to resume it about 18 hours from now.

I'm planning to found a city 1-W of the plot labeled "Bridge to Far East" to ensure the Orient Express is in the culture required by this scenario. The eastern terminus of the Orient Express will be Nanjing, which should be captured next turn via 5 Cavalry and 4 Musketeers versus 3 Lb CG3Dr1+2CGDr1 and Cho-Ko-Nu ShockCG1Dr1 with 60% Defense (it might be close if we are unlucky).

We need to capitulate Mao to win a Conquest Victory soon.

Here is an excellent article on the Capitulation Mechanic:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=364486

Take Kossin advice as corrected by TheMeInTeam as extremely accurate; I believe it is 100% accurate.

Effectively, since all other AIs are smaller than Mao, he will not capitulate until they are all wiped out, because he will always be stronger than the average AI, because the small AIs bring the average down too much.

The war success should be easy enough. Just take enough of his cities and kill enough of his units.

Note: Kossin means -3 war success when losing a unit when attacking. The converse is true for the AI when it is attacking you, but that counts for its war success. You need 40 more war success than the AI before it will capitulate.

I believe the player's power rating must be 3x or 1.5x for an land target AI (must share 8 plots of border or more) than than the target AI's power. (This paragraph applies to peace vassal; not necessarily capitulation) We get this easily in any case.

I hope someone will correct any errors they see in this post, possibly after the game is over.

No, worries. I will triple check the railroad before capitulating Mao.

On the maintenance thread, we were told that the railroad can be completed on the win turn. After the actual win, press play another turn and use workers to complete the Orient Express before uploading the final (winning save) to the SGOTM server. We have to be sure that we get enough workers in the required positions to complete the railroad on the turn of the win announcement though.

I don't think this will help help us though; If we can get Conquest Victory earlier then expected, having culture spread faster enough over the railroad will be more of an issue then the actual building of it.

Top Bottom