SGOTM1-Persia Team Samildanach

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats a new one to me! So when a ship filled with troops sinks in the same square as a ship that does not sink, the troops are automatically transfered? Interesting.

So whats 40% of 3 galleys??? :rolleyes:

but think about this:
Using AdrianE, 2 ships will carry 3 troops and on average, 1 ship
will be lost, *BUT* 25% of the time, 2 ships AND 3 troops will be lost.

The way I calculated it, 2 ships will still carry 3 troops, but with only a 50% chance of loosing 1 ship, And in no case will you loose more than 1 ship and zero troops.

a 25% chance of recreating the loss of the spanish (Persian) armada, actually makes me a little nervous.

Originally posted by samildanach
....I would like to say I did something right in this game, apart from of course winning, but I didn't. I only wish this had been a succession game so I could blame my team mates

Tsk...Tsk.... Sam, watch what you are saying in those other forums.:lol:

Originally posted by haphazard
Tsk...Tsk.... Sam, watch what you are saying in those other forums.:lol:

:D Damn! Found out again.

I was thinking of having about 10 of them and filling four. I haven't looked at the save, so I don't know what the galley situation is. If its only three as you say then I might try it your way and get a foothold on the iroquios continent while i build more galleys.:cool:

I congratulate both haphazard and Rocinante on both being gentlemanly and not mentioning the palace issue. Given the abandonment of our old core your turns were very well played indeed.
Vaiar you may have come to civ from playing conquests in which there are problems with the F.P. at least with 1.15. But in civ1.29 the F.P provides you a second productive core if well placed. .:)
Also I only became aware of the situation when I looked at the save to begin my turns and started to change the builds in our old core. The joke I posted in the GoTM was not a snide barb at your expence. I would hate to think that you got the impression that I was berating you behind your back from that post. Winning and losing are not that important to me that I would take a cheap shot at one of my own team mates - the other teams YES :D but team mates no. Hopefully we can still have some fun and of course win:)
Anyway this kind of changes things - I'm going to send over any elite immortals that haven't as yet generated any leaders and hopefully we will get a GL and I'll use that to build the F.P. in our old core:)

The FP in Civ3 is very important and farming for GLs to rush a FP is common practice. Our old core is already well improved but limited in size--we may want to move the FP from there (if and when we get one there) to the other island, nearer our adversaries, after we've gained a foothold there.

Looks like we need Maps to facilitate our sailing over to the other island. As it is, we can do the ship-chain method to start with but we will need a galley on the other side and I was bring that one back home to pick up a load so it is not anywhere near to being in place as yet.

Actually I did not think we even had enough cities at that point in time to build the FP. (Only 4 cities at that time)

****, forgot about that FP, I thought I read the strategy was to rush the palace in the new zone but I didn't think about the effects of that. ****, I suck :mad: :( :mad:

Hey Vaiar, dont beat yourself up, that is the job of your teammates to do. :spank: But if you will notice, none of us are doing that.

As I noted before, you had no choice at that point in time to build the FP. On a small map you need 7 cities before that build is allowed. (2 more than what you had at the time.)

Originally posted by haphazard
Hey Vaiar, dont beat yourself up, that is the job of your teammates to do. :spank: But if you will notice, none of us are doing that.

As I noted before, you had no choice at that point in time to build the FP. On a small map you need 7 cities before that build is allowed. (2 more than what you had at the time.)

Part of the reason we wanted to keep our options open by not turning of our research and building the RCP core was that for whatever the reason the game didn't run to plan we would still have alternatives that will enable us to win. We have those alternatives because they were discussed - since we don't have the galleys in order to effect a quick conquest of the Iroquois island our priority for now should be to milk the score. Thats what I intend to do for my turns while using the Iroquois to trawl for leaders.
Of course, everyone in the team should give their view on what we should do. If we discuss our game then we will always have options - if we continue to do that - then no situation we find our selves in is irritrievable.
If the RNG smiles on us again and I get a GLwhere do I place the FP, in zululands, in the old core what do the rest of you think?
Do we go for the 10% bonus now? If so what victory conditions do we go for? We need to start thinking about this now so we can plan effectively.

I say go for the bonus--plot it out and I'll do my best to play it. The FP should go on the other continent, imho, nearer our target, that is if we have a good enough foothold there at the time.

If you think the bonus is within reach, we should go for it. Perhaps we should indeed build the FP at the other continent, but will be have enough cities there in a short time (either conquered or built ones) to justify this?

Sam, go ahead and play, otherwise we are going to have to threaten you with auto-skipping. :eek:

auto-skip to Vaiar
that is two auto-skips for Samildanach--how many until a player is auto-booted right out of this game?

If it were up to me this team would be down to three players--it is very rude to sign up for a team and then not abide by the time limits.

two???? I think this could be the first auto-skip actually? Sam did acknowledge getting the game within 1 day, and we are supposed to give him 72 hours to play his turns. If that time has passed, then Vaiar has the right to grab the save and let us know that he is playing these turns. (I hope you are not off in Paris again Vaiar :D)

BTW, has anyone looked at the SGOTM maintenance thread? According to the graph, it looks like we are in second place.
:goodjob: Not bad considering some of the chaos that has occured.

Also to note is that Mad-Bax is planning to start SGOTM2 about 3rd week of May. Other teams are wrapping up with conquest wins pretty early. We may want to hurry up and win by conquest since our score is really quite good. (We are actually ahead of the curve compared to the staff team as well. :king: )

He was auto-skipped on his very first turn but then posted the save before Vaiar could get done and so we just let it slide. Now he's late on his third time at bat and I don't mind admitting I'm a little POd about it.

It is great we are in 2nd place but remember that finishing quickly doesn't always mean a great score--every turn we play adds to our score.

Since this is Succesion Game of the Month I hope we eventually get monthly starts and I want to be on a team that can finish a game in four weeks.

As I remember the rules there is an order-of-play but there is also a part about how the game cannot be held up because the turn can always be played by whoever is available.

The game has been held up and since Vaiar doesn't seem to be around why don't you go ahead and play, Haphazard?

Technically Samildanach is 8 hours late from this post and can be autoskipped. In real life of course, it's the weekend hoping that vaiar will pick up and play today may be unrealistic, and you can't just skip Vaiar because he didn't read your post within 14 seconds of you writing it.

Your choice is a) give Sam a little more time, or b) pass the game over to Vaiar. If it were me, I'd chill out, drink a few beers, enjoy the weekend and then skip Sam on Sunday evening. But it's up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom