Share your absolute Civ rage stories.

DashieBaby87

Chieftain
And gutting ones. I am currently allied (or was) with Oslo in my current game. I'm playing as Montezuma.

I must have literally spent over 15000 Gold to build up this massive Industrial Era Army (~ 5 Artillery, 5 Infantry, a couple Cavalry, a couple Tanks, one Destroyer). I also gifted Oslo a level 10 + unit that started as a Jaguar. I figured that they would steamroll Genghis Khan by proxy war, because I didn't want to puppet any more of his cities. Oslo was in perma-war with Genghis Khan, and I wanted to seal the deal by gifting Oslo all of my units at once (because the AI is stupid and gets their units killed if you only have one).

There was also one Mongolian rifleman in Oslo's territory. Fine. It was the first one to enter Oslo's territory in about 50 years (on Epic), and Oslo had a rifleman of its own (one I gifted many years ago).

So, I gifted them all at once. One turn later, Genghis Khan decides to send a massive force of 4 riflemen and 2 cannons, and Oslo fell like a 500lb weight. :cry:

For the first time, I was like "WTF!?" I guess it was my fault for attempting such a stupid strategy, but still, I was completely pissed.

I'm sure someone has something even more infuriating than this. In the same game, I was also beat to the Great Library by one turn. lol :mischief:

There's no story. It's just a mistake I often make. I've just scrolled the screen, and in the center is the unit I want to move. I right click on the tile I want to move it to. A path-finding route appears from the side of the screen and I find I've moved the wrong unit. :shake:

There's no story. It's just a mistake I often make. I've just scrolled the screen, and in the center is the unit I want to move. I right click on the tile I want to move it to. A path-finding route appears from the side of the screen and I find I've moved the wrong unit. :shake:

lol I also do that all of the time.

The worst is when they just become food for barbarian galleys. :(

And gutting ones. I am currently allied (or was) with Oslo in my current game. I'm playing as Montezuma.

I must have literally spent over 15000 Gold to build up this massive Industrial Era Army (~ 5 Artillery, 5 Infantry, a couple Cavalry, a couple Tanks, one Destroyer). I also gifted Oslo a level 10 + unit that started as a Jaguar. I figured that they would steamroll Genghis Khan by proxy war, because I didn't want to puppet any more of his cities. Oslo was in perma-war with Genghis Khan, and I wanted to seal the deal by gifting Oslo all of my units at once (because the AI is stupid and gets their units killed if you only have one).

There was also one Mongolian rifleman in Oslo's territory. Fine. It was the first one to enter Oslo's territory in about 50 years (on Epic), and Oslo had a rifleman of its own (one I gifted many years ago).

So, I gifted them all at once. One turn later, Genghis Khan decides to send a massive force of 4 riflemen and 2 cannons, and Oslo fell like a 500lb weight. :cry:

For the first time, I was like "WTF!?" I guess it was my fault for attempting such a stupid strategy, but still, I was completely pissed.

I'm sure someone has something even more infuriating than this. In the same game, I was also beat to the Great Library by one turn. lol :mischief:

These things are what make you rage against the game, and one week later loving it for owning you :).

I quit a game of mine as Persia going for culture when my lifelong friend and ally Greece declared war on me randomly. Not much else too it though :/

Napoleon attacked me with 100 troops in my border. I fought them back with five units (this was on Prince when I first started).

I got frustrated because it was too easy.

Napoleon attacked me with 100 troops in my border. I fought them back with five units (this was on Prince when I first started).

I got frustrated because it was too easy.

Do you have any screenshots or save games of that? Would love to take a peek at it since I don't believe it.

Do you have any screenshots or save games of that? Would love to take a peek at it since I don't believe it.

100 was an exaggeration. But it was enough to make the Military Advisor soil his pants. And uh, no screenshots or saved games because it was before the first patch and I don't have it anymore.

Basically Napoleon bombarded me with a bunch of embarked units, but he landed his artillery next to my line and his infantry next to my cities. The artillery was free takings, and his infantry got blown up by my cities + ranged units.

My worst rage toward Civ is came the first day that I played Civ 5.. 4 hours into the game, I was irate.. I could not believe how terrible that this game was compared to its prior versions..

I realy hate the bugs, I know because it's a new game I don't really have a right to complain but come on... Have you guys ever tried multiplayer? Impossible because the bugs...

In one game montezuma was destroying siam. He was almost down to 2 cities (small map) and I decided I wanted to save him. So I spent lots of turns fighting montezuma on siams land barely holding him off (monte was the outrunner in this game and very big).

Then suddenly siam declares war on me, my units are thrown out of his lands and 5 turns later monte captured both cities and siam was gone.

That really made me angry. And similar things happens all the time in civ5.

Civ 5 - rolled up a random game, sat through the intro text about my leader as the game initialised (Napoleon I think, but it's not important) - when the 'Begin your Journey' button I noticed no 'fog of war' clouds, just a black screen, but didn't think anything of it. Clicked the button and got...

...the 'you lost' screen with the statue sunk in the desert?!

W.T and, indeed F

Civ 5 - rolled up a random game, sat through the intro text about my leader as the game initialised (Napoleon I think, but it's not important) - when the 'Begin your Journey' button I noticed no 'fog of war' clouds, just a black screen, but didn't think anything of it. Clicked the button and got...

...the 'you lost' screen with the statue sunk in the desert?!

W.T and, indeed F

yeah, that happened to me once as the mongols. thought it was a mongol-only bug.

I tried the Mongols when they were released, and my closest ally Hiawatha asked me to join him in a war against America, we started attacking together, and while we are in the middle of the siege of Washington, suddenly Hiawatha informs me that he's declaring a war on me, and after that Hiawathas pal GANDHI (of all the leaders) declares a war on me too. Psyched!

I just had to quit the game out of annoyment of not being able to trust even the closest allies.. :D

In one game montezuma was destroying siam. He was almost down to 2 cities (small map) and I decided I wanted to save him. So I spent lots of turns fighting montezuma on siams land barely holding him off (monte was the outrunner in this game and very big).

Then suddenly siam declares war on me, my units are thrown out of his lands and 5 turns later monte captured both cities and siam was gone.

That really made me angry. And similar things happens all the time in civ5.

Dam that's a sad story....
We cannot have AI friends in Civ5, we'll have to live with it

I am having a great game as the Mongols right now. Conquering City-States as I go. For some reason, the others don't like that very much ;). 90% of the City States eventually declare war on me. That is fine as most are on tiny Islands and I can take my time conquering them. But then the $%*^ hits the fan. Every Single Civilization then declares war on me over the next 2 turns! I am right next to Russia and holding my own right now, but if the others finally send troops, I may have lost this game! :(

Right now, I am winning against Russia with a win/loss ratio of about 12/1, but she still won't talk to me :(

Oh well. If I survive, maybe I can still win the game!

lol

In my current game. I'm Gandhi and have two other civs on my continent, on the opposite way. I'm at war with one, because it took too much land including very close of my cities, and soon or later it will declare war as they seem to aggressive. Fine. I'm declaring war, sending all my units to them. Taking cities. Etc.

One day, a gally of the other civ i'm at peace with show the top of his nose, seeing all my armies. Not a big deal. I'm very far from its cities,, on the opposite way of the continent.

Guess what? In a message it says: "we see what you are doing with all those units near our territory, blahblahblah...".

Now, this leader is unplease to me........... nuts.

Top Bottom