Shogun Upgrade

I use my Daimyo for early exploration, because with 2 movement, I know all the others very early.
I know it' risky but by now no barb has defeated my daimyo!

I'm thinking that putting the daimyo into the army is a good idea, but once you did that, there is no way to upgrade your daimyo right? So meaning, it is only feasible to do so after it's last upgrade. Am I right to say?

My daimyo only sat in my towns for a turn waiting for the uprade to be researched the entire game. A leader should be out in the field butchering people not hidden in a castle.;)

On top of that I sprung like 4 leaders with him, every time he produced one, it was time to upgrade him & start over.:lol:

I used my Daimyo in battle through the entire scenario. He lead pretty much every major battle for me. If you keep him upgraded, he's going to outclass pretty much everything else out there. Granted, I've only gone through this scenario once, but he fought in many battles for me.

Originally posted by Rik Meleet
I like to fight with my daimyo (not cities, loose units). Getting enslaved samurai is nice 7-7-1. And later on you get the stealth-attack; you choose what unit you are attacking. And it fights barbs fairly well. I know it is risky, but if handled well it works fine.

Just one (unrelated comment). I had my Daimyou in a captured city and it flipped back: end of game. Do I need to express how pissed off I was ?

I feel your pain that happened to me too :mad: at that point I had no choice but to reload

On the hardest levels, the barbarians come early and often, and if you want iron and jade, you've got to take them out. Without you Daimyo upgrade, this becomes extrmely hard, as no unit before Samurai Archer has attack greater than 3 other than D-upgrade

Top Bottom