should civ end

when should ( or should have) the civ franchise end(ed)?

• civ1

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • civ2

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • civ3

Votes: 3 1.2%
  • civ4

Votes: 8 3.3%
  • civ5+

Votes: 227 93.8%

• Total voters
Where's the option for never?

Never... Will be nice to play civ10 with my yet unborn kids...

As long as they keep on improving and adding to the basic idea of the civ games (which are still pretty much unqiue in a world where every game idea is ripped off) then i hope they never end it.

Why end something when you still have a fanbase willing to buy the product? Have they stopped making Tony Hawk Pro Skater games? What about Grand Theft Auto? The way I see it, they'll keep making Civ games as long as people are still willing to buy them.

As long as the series keeps improving, they can continue as long as they want.

Although Civ 104 would look kinda silly with Roman numerals.

superslug said:
Where's the option for never?

Haha, I was asking this question before I read your post. So yeah, where is the option "Never!"? :)

Never, as long as they can think of new changes.

Not just changes - they won't cut it. Innovation is what we're all hoping for. And with Civ, innovation is limitless because the game itself is so huge. :cool:

If civ ends how can i show my kids what half of my life was spent on?

This question is outragous. Civ should never end. Although in a business theory thats asking too much, i certianly hope they can begin other games with the Civ concepts incorprated when they decide not to countinue the Civ game.

It'll have to be a long time. They're limited by technology in what they can do, so they have ugly workarounds like the trade model or the AI cheating. As long as software and hardware continue to get more sophisticated and more powerful, there will be a place for another Civ game.

maybe bringing out a entirely new series based on civilization and other strategy games out there would be a good idea. many concepts in civ need to be changed. like the usefulness (uselessness) of the UN, world markets, quantitative resources, etc.

I think it should end never, duh. But the developers shouldn't be able to take our money for granted; I won't buy the next iteration of Civ just because it's Civ and it's the latest version. We expect qualitative improvements in the game, and that seems to be what they've done with C4.

ADMIRAL-BELL IS A HERETIC! ... AND A WITCH! um...YEA! GOODY BELL IS A WITCH!!!

(No one expects the CivFanatics Inquisition!)

And for the record, no it shouldn't end. It's the only turn based epic game out there. It will always have a market and a place.

I would personally like to see an endless stream of civgames, but to be honest, after civ 5 fraxis will be beating a dead cash-horse. The only coustomers will be the people on this forum who are likely to commit suicide/ go crazy without the effects of the civilization drug. They can't come up with an endless number of rule changes and graphic improvements. After civ 5 fraxis should end the civ series and find a new market. I know Civilization 35 sounds appealing, but sooner or later the game will be replaced by a more advanced competitor.

I think I'd better stop talking or the forum secret police will make me dissapear. ( Thunderfall will delete my account )

This thread should support my "Cant wait for Civ5" thread nicely ^^b

Top Bottom