Should we name our next city "Columbia" in memory of the Spaceshuttle and her crew?

Should we name our next city "Columbia"?

• Yes

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Abstain

Votes: 1 3.3%

• Total voters

Shaitan

der Besucher
There's no provision for doing this through the rules without a load of red tape and hassle but it is a very popular idea and I wouldn't want to see us prevented from doing a good thing because of that so...

Mod powers on.

If a supermajority of the voters agree that the next city should be named Columbia I use MOD POWER to authorize the DP to do so. A supermajority is twice as many YES votes as NO votes. This will not take a spot in the COC naming chain, it will be a single city interruption.

This poll will remain open until the next city is founded.

EDIT: Clarified "supermajority".

The Civ2 Demogame also did it.

:p

We have an abundance of foreign named cities in Fanatika. Why don't we rename one of these cities? While we are on the subject, what would it take to rename these conquered cities according to the city name registry in the Cartographic Office?

@donsig - An excellent suggestion. If the current poll is shot down we can try that.

To answer your other question: For a conquered city to be part of the naming chain the DP must specify that at the time of conquest. This could be altered by a change in the COS.

Great to see that the moderators can cut through all that red tape - beuocracy is the sign of a collapsing nation.

VOTE YES! or maybe, we could name one of our current cities colombia. Possibly a Japanese or Indian city, that is well established.

I vote no. I do not believe we should alter our city naming path, if I person feels that they want to name a city Colombia, let them. If no one does, well to bad. I do not like this kind of intervention into our system. Sure it was a bad incident, but I dont see every 7 people that die getting this kind of attention!

Double that amount have died in Avalanches in Canada in the past two weeks, and you dont see Immortal and I asking for a special name.

Goonie

I voted yes. I beleve we should honor the crew of the Colombia.

Voted no. I would like to see RL events/politics kept out of this game as far as possible.

Top Bottom