sid annoys me

Frozenjellyfish

Chieftain
I'm playing my latest game with the Barbarians as the "Minor" civ, and I don't know if it's just me.. but after I met the Minors on the map and we developed trade relationships, Sid started asking me EVERY SINGLE TURN for something! To go to war with him, or stop trading with someone.. every single turn! What's with that?

I've had that happen to me too. It is like one turn, "could you spare me the alphabet?" Next turn it is, "Can I have construction?" I played on noble with him and thankfully I got no, "Refused to give tribute -1" ever which helped because at the time his empire was larger than mine (before I ruthlessly conquered it). In addition, have you ever noticed that every once in a while he gets a weird, blue, glowing halo behind his head? It's scary.

Here I got a picture of it.

Also, I forgot to mention this earlier but the banjo music also sucks.

I don't know. It just happens. It also occurs when you talk to the Sid of the Barbarian-Barbarians. Be careful when setting Barbarian-Minor as an opponent or meeting him because despite his lack of skills he can and will build incredibly fast almost as if he had all the skills possible. I think the halo has an affect on that and also because Sid is controlling that civilization.

How on earth do you get Sid being the leader of the barbarians? I want :)

This happened to me, he kept demanding me to cancel my deals with hatsheput, who was a strong ally. He then asked for just about every tech i had in one go!

If you do that, are the minors still at war w/ everyone? Or can they actually function like a civilization?

check out the mainpage---It has been reproted you can use the barbs as minor civ by just a slight adjustment in one file... It's on the mainpage - Sid automatically is the leader of this "19th"civilization...

phungus420 said:
If you do that, are the minors still at war w/ everyone? Or can they actually function like a civilization?

Yes, they still function as a normal civilization. Just a very, very, very annoying one. Also, neither the Barbarians-minors nor the Barbarians-Barbarians are at constant war with everyone. Only the real barbarians which still make appearances are at war with everyone.

Top Bottom