Sid Vicious and The Magnificent 7+1

Are you sure you did not automatically "unmobilze" when you eliminated OTTO?

it may be gator :) I seem to recall that the game does that to me sometimes.

all we need is bugs to bring it home! go, bugs, go! everyone is cheering for you!

Doc Tsiolkovski said:
Speaking of culture: Where went/is the Internet?
It's gone (at least, I think it was in Instanbul).
dman said:
T3. 1540 Ignore those slow moving units and concentrate all attention in Istanbul. Raze Istanbul but for the price of one tank army.
Steal Nuclear Power from Osman.

Hm. Too bad, I guess I would have tried to keep it; that would have saved us a couple of turns for sure.
I know, insane flip risk - but, not even Paris did flip so far...Internet when mobilized is surely one of the most crucial wonders in my book.
Oh well, no biggie; just costs us (that is, not Sirian or me :lol: ) some hours of RL time.

Think about it like couple of more turns for Bugs to have fun shooting down French defence...

I would think about capturing Internet seriously if it helped us to save some 20 turns, but it really doesn't make any difference whether we have it or not in our situation.

DO NOT RE-MOBILIZE. That cuts culture in half and switches away from any uncompleted civilian projects.

:lol: @ beer bottle guzzling drunken smilies. :beer:

I'm not a big drinker. Never been drunk in my life (well, except that one time...) but I do drink one drink about every other day "for my health". :D

- Sirian

Sirian said:
well, except that one time

- Sirian

Have you never been a student?

I graduated high school at age 15 (WELL before legal drinking age) and I never went to college. So, strictly speaking, in the sense you mean, the answer would have to be, "No." :)

I was never much for bowing to peer pressure anyway, though.

Drugs == For Losers. :smoke: [pimp]

Alcoholic consumption calls for more responsibility than most students seem able to muster.

My two bits. YMMV.

- Sirian

What's the meaning of YMMV?You Mind May Verify?

Edit:I entered college at 16,and gonna get my BS degree at 20.I've never seen a law prohibiting drinking around me here. Anyone can get drunk.And I actually got drunk in college.But I really love wines,it protects my blood vessels and heart,especially when my family have a tendency to get arterial blockage and strokes.

We’re not mobilized anymore. Yeah, I know. Everyone else knew that, but I was a little slow on the uptake. I switch several strategic cities over to temples, and I whip the ones that can be whipped. I beef up our invasion force.

IBT – Joan wants to talk. She won’t give us any cities. Sorry, my dear. We can build Apollo now, but I decline.

1595 - @ Eridu – I redline the four defenders and capture the city.

Studying the situation I find I can bombard Bergen.

Artillery makes short work of the defenders, and after five victories…

I use some armies to march across the no man’s land and capture Almarikh.

Try to take Ashur, but I run out of units.

Found Bomb-on-the-Bay, Found Bugsville. We’re at 61% land, 58% pop.

Set up for the next few cities.

IBT – A Marine counter attacks.

1600 - @ Uruk – We lose two mechs taking the city.

@ Ashur – One army takes out the two defenders. Here’s a useful Wonder.

@ Babylon – We lose a Mech army, but take the city.

Investigate Reykjavik, and there are three mechs and a marine defending. I am unable to take it though and lose five mechs trying to take it with out artillery support.

Found Scoutsburg. IIRC, Scout discovered this map.
Found Charisville.

Stumble across a settler pair, lose a mech capturing the two slaves.

Found Arathorn City.
Found Nadivik.
I use the Charis trick and join many slaves to our cities. And we’re at 66% in land and pop. If nothing flips we have it.

That’s it

We’re magnificent. 6249 final score.

Thanks to all my teammates for a memorable game. Thanks to Scout for finding the map so very long ago. And thanks for my brother Bede for putting it all together.

The pre-victory save: http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads9/Magnificent_Seven_Final,_1600_AD.SAV

[lurk] Jolly good show chaps! Thank's for sharing it will us all [/lurk]

Congratulations to you all, this has been a fantastic read. A true example of a team of great players combining to become something of legend :goodjob:

Top Bottom