Silk02 - Passive Aggressive Pangeaic Cultural Domination

Also, not having started on the end of the continent would have been helpful so that we could culturally expand in all directions, instead of just one.

Unfortunately, thats a roll of the dice. Not much at all we could have done there.

I'm gonna grab the last save and see what kinda damage I can do.

Mini update - in case anyone cares:

- dropped :science: slider to 0, all towards :espionage:, with some towards :gold: and a smidgen towards :culture: to keep people :)
- starting going nuts with fomenting unhappiness, poisoning water, and any general mayhem I could cause
- Essen flipped, as well as one of the german water cities (which I razed). I forget which, but one was gifted from the AP.
- Cologne revolted and became sumerian :) :) (actually there was an AP vote before the flippage to send the city our way, but Bismarck defied the resolution)
- Dresden revolted once, but has yet to flip
- UN vote for environmentalism, and I didn't defy. Washington incorporated creative constructions and has been spreading it to our cities. Good and bad - sucks :gold: but also produces a lot of :culture:.
- UN vore for free speech - I said no, so it failed (prevent AI from spreading :culture: as quickly).
- on the down side, washington has created a few SS thrusters and another component. Bismarck completed Apollo.

I think it did - but all the wonders in cologne were obsoleted.

When a wonder goes obsolete, does it still contribute :culture:? Maybe that is a major reason why Lagash was eventually able to push back so hard.

Another update:
- Dresden revolted a 2nd time and joined us.
- Continued doing waht damage I could with spies.
- Had a spy event with SB. Forget the details - but something about learning that one of our high level officials is a spy from SB. There were three options - I think the first was to somehow get +1 :) with SB, the next was to get some :espionage:, and the third was to treat it as an act of war. I opted for choice #3, knowing we had DP's in place, and maybe it would inject some hostilities into the Hindu love fest.

Check out the results:
Spoiler :

Spoiler :

:eek: :dance: :backstab: :rotfl: :mwaha: :mischief: :D :evil: :thumbsup: :smug: :clap: :woohoo: :cooool:

After that, SB took over houston. I'm hoping our pressure from Gumma will result in houston revolting. The cultural ownership of the tile went from like 20's or so to 47 within about 15 turns.

We won the UN Sec Gen position. I tried putting a vote to stop the war against us (idea being to keep it going between the AI), but it failed because some douche's said never. For whatever reason, the AI we are at war with is still refusing to talk, even after 15 turns or so of war. I've fended off their attacks so far, but not sure how much longer we can hold.

Frederick asked for vassalization - I accepted for the pop and land count towards the dom victory. Can always kick him to the curb if need be (I think).

Oh yeah, and Hamburg revolted as well :) Unfortunately, hasn't flipped yet.

Getting there (well, getting close to the end. Not close to winning).

pop and land area is about 45% each - close for pop, but still about 20% away for land area.

This sequence of turns:
- ended up bribing SB to stop war for like 500 bucks
- hamburg flipped
- houston, bochum, and bremen all revolted and flipped
- would have won a cultural victory.. Easily.. 6 cities (so far) with legendary culture (lagash, ur, eridu, uruk, and a couple others). The amount of culture produced is just stupid

still working to spies to sabotage SS projects for SB and washington, as they are only a handful of pieces away from building the ship and launching it.

Finally - its over.

Spoiler :

Washington was in the lead for space race until the end, when I sent three spies in to destroy 3 projects. They both launched in the same turn, but apparently SB's was more complete because it got there faster.

Spoiler :

Impressive culture graph (but no real surprise)

Spoiler :

EIGHT legendary cities - with a ninth around the corner. I certainly learned a LOT on how to build culture in this game!

Spoiler :

Our final score. Meh.

Spoiler :

Missed it by... well, we missed by quite a large margin. ALMOST had the pop requirement though

Not that they would have changed anything, but two factors REALLY slowed things down - gloabl warming (shrinking cities) and the AI spamming corporations and draining ability to build up mass amounts of :espionage: (although we were still able to produce several thousand per turn).

Attachments

• Silk02 Gilgamesh AD-2035-January.CivBeyondSwordSave
    493 KB · Views: 54
Top Bottom