Silk02 - Passive Aggressive Pangeaic Cultural Domination

:clap:

Lurker Comment:

Interesting game to follow--especially appreciate the thoughts about ways the beginning could have been played/set-up differently.

You haven't mentioned it for a while, but how are you thinking to use corporations? After liberalism they seem to be the big fish (no pun intended) in culture battles (sushi, creative const, civ jewelers). Esp. with bio a priority bee-lining for Sushi and trying to generate a GM might be a suggestion--perhaps time for caste system?

Also don't forget about the Statue of Liberty! Haven't actually opened a save, so not sure if you have a monopoly on it, but if so maybe delay trading it away until you have clinched it in a big hammer town.

Good luck!

Hey Pindrus,

Glad that you like the game.
Yes, we're heading for Sushi, we are beelining to Medicine and are frantically creating a Great Merchant. We should be in a good position though, because the AIs haven't got Biology yet, and we have a 92% probability of a GM as our next GP.
We started building the SoL, but unfortunately Lincoln beat us to it. It will come into our greedy hands as Lincolns cities will start flipping :lol:

Thanks for your advice and keep lurking! And keep those advisory notes coming!

Ha, yes I just realized that there were a couple pages left in the SG that I didn't see before!

And Sushi will probably be MORE than 12 cpt if you can get the AI's to trade away their excess seafood/rice. Just be sure not to spread the corp. to them (automated exec's are a no-no).

Not much to report.

- Settled a GA in Philadelphia. Start pushing back those American borders.
- Researched Bio. We are 1 turn from finishing Medicine.
- Bad-Tibria is running a ton of merchants (slowly losing food) and the priests in Uruk were fired....this allows Bad-T to pop it's GP first (11 turns) - 92%:gold:, 8%:culture:. Hopefully pop the merchant and build Sid's. Sid's will give us bonus food and the equivalent of a GA in each city:
Spoiler :

- 2 hindu mandirs going up, one in Philly, one in Munich. Hermitage could go in Echoes (open to discussion though).
- Hamburg's tile is now 51% Sumerian. Too bad there is a giant stack of troops there.
- Got a few rifles built, a few more being built.
- We could trade bio (possibly getting SciMeth).

Dual, did you play with the most recent save? Or did you post the right save? My turnset ended in 1764, and Medicine was already in.

Dual, did you play with the most recent save? Or did you post the right save? My turnset ended in 1764, and Medicine was already in.

I'm guessing that if medicine was 1 turn from being in during Dual's summary, the wrong save was grabbed.

If so - Dual definately had a phant sized brain fart!

Sorry - that makes me laugh! :rotfl:

Yes, it appears I started with the wrong save :hammer2:

Cripp, go ahead and take the proper save. I don't have enough time to play (and part of the reason I screwed the pooch was because I was trying to get the round in quick).

Sorry for the delay.

Yes, it appears I started with the wrong save :hammer2:

Cripp, go ahead and take the proper save. I don't have enough time to play (and part of the reason I screwed the pooch was because I was trying to get the round in quick).

Sorry for the delay.

Ok, I missed your post anyway dual. So I'll pickup Dr's save and play today.

Should we go into pacifism to help speed up that GM? Switching back to FS is 2t of anarchy, adding Pacifism makes it 3t.

Yes, good idea. We were in Nationhood to draft all those rifles. Top priority now is to create that GM. Once you have it, yo can trade away Medicine. You may consider trading Biology now, as the AIs still have to get Medicine to beat us to Sid's.

Pre-turn
MM some workers
Switch Stuttgart to settler for city 1N of Biz
Revolt to FS/Rep for 3t of anarchy
hit return

Turn 393 - 1766AD
Washington offers up..accept

Which gets us a bit closer to Electricity

AP vote comes in, we're in charge

Churchill became a vassal of SB

Turn 394 - 1768AD
zzz

Turn 395 - 1770AD
Out of revolt!
Nibru event..take it for the :culture:

Raise slider to 60% Electricity 13t
Hire 6 merchants in Eridu hoping a merchant will pop in 6t
Ur colosseum 5t for :mad:
Make a trade with Church

Lots of coal!

Turn 396 - 1772AD
Shur spy>settler
Gumma granary>university

Turn 387 - 1774AD
Borders of Bantu :mad: becoming a problem, hire 5 merchants to starve out
slider to 70%(-54) Electric in 9t

Turn 398 - 1776AD
workers done, move to Eridu

Turn 399 - 1778AD
Phily Hermi>university

Turn 400 - 1780AD
Ur colosseum>bureau
Shur (renamed to DarkSideofMoon) settler>buddha temple
Bantu starved out angry people temple>tao temple
Next our GP will pop, hope it's a merchant GA 71% GS 19% GM 8% GE 2%

Turn 401 - 1782AD
Most cultured

Munich mandir>temple hire 3 artists
Stuttgart settler>rifle
Welp a GA

Hire 5 merchants in Bad
Hire 5 merch in Nibru to kill angry people
slider to 70%, kill culture
Next GP due in 18t

Turn 402 - 1784AD
settle Animals 1e of spot marked by Dortmund >theater

Hire artist in Gumma
can't settle N of Essen by the lake, parked settler on the hill where it can awaiting further discussion

Turn 403 - 1786AD
park GA in Animal waiting discussion
Electric in 3t slider to 100% 2t

Turn 404 - 1788AD
Lagash grocer>market
DarkSide temple>budda mission>rifle we need to spread buddha to our cities
Echoes has poisoned water

Turn 405 - 1790AD
Electric in onto Radio

Turn 406 - 1792AD
AP religious vote..pass

Turn 407 - 1794AD
Buddha spread to Atom

Turn 408 - 1796AD
zzz

Turn 409 - 1798AD
Eridu university>rifle
Munich temple>aquaduct

Turn 410 - 1800AD
Echoes granary>zigg
Stuggart rifle>rifle

Stop here.. Pretty boring turn, too bad we didn't pop that GM however next GP due in 15t and we have a monopoly on Medicine.
Spoiler for Techs :

There's a GA waiting in Animals, need to discuss where to settle or CB that city.
City 1N of Essen couldn't settle, can't be within 2 border tiles. I put him to sleep on the hill.
Other than that, just keep rifles coming.
Oh, where to build FP(Eridu?) and Broadway(Uruk after WS)

Stop here

All is going according to plan. We can use the GA at that new site near Essen (indeed on the hill 1N of the indicated spot). We're 85% certain of getting that GM. Sid's to be founded in our commercial city Uruk.
I had a brief glance at the save, just noticed that Munich is frantically building an aqueduct, instead it could hire 4 more artists.
Getting Sid's and later Eiffel (in DarkSide) are the next steps, but we need to get the AI involved in some action. Any ideas how?

Silk, you're up? Maybe I can squeeze a turn in before I leave Saturday morning? If not, no worries, I'll just skip.

Yeah I think I'm up next. I can play tomorrow evening - it'll also allow a day for discussion, if there is any.

Haven't looked at the save, but there shouldn't be a ton to discuss.

- Get Sid's going. See how the maintenance is when spreading to other cities. If we're losing money with each spread, be sure to spread it only to key border cities.
- Can we get broadway up in a border city? It gives +50%:culture: so it would be nice to build in a more useful place than Uruk. We just need to be able to build it before the AI gets a chance.
- Agree with moving towards Eiffel and any other modern wonders we can get.

Top Bottom