1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Silliest thing that you have seen, or done in Civ 3!

Discussion in 'Civ3 - General Discussions' started by cat98, May 21, 2002.

1. Daaraa

Daaraa King

Lost an elite modern tank to an elite spearman. (River crossing, metro, fortified on a hill) The AI got a great leader from it. I took it immediatly with a second modern tank. :crazyeyes:

2. Ayatollah So

Ayatollah So the spoof'll set you free

When I was chatting with Elizabeth, my foreign advisor tells me "We shouldn't trust the English, they betrayed our friends the French." But (A) Our "friends" the French no longer exist, because (B) I wiped them off the face of the earth, :crazyeye: and (C) the English only attacked the French because I paid Elizabeth big $ to join an alliance against them. :crazyeye: :crazyeye: :crazyeye:

--Your friendly neighborhood Supreme Fanatic, Paul

3. col

col Old Fart Retired Moderator

Built a new palace next to my capital - was using it as a placeholder until Sistine became available - forgot and lost all those shields....

4. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

The :crazyeye:-est thing I ever encountered:

Defended my empire against the Persian (they had run out of nice pills and came for me every 20 turns or so). Each and every time I beat up their attackers (why use Immortals if you have Archers :crazyeye: ), then sent a few men forward. Persia sued for peace and had to fork over a city and money for it.

We did this 7 (!) times in a row, then Persia finally strted using Immortals.

So I beelined for Chivalry, beat them up for good, gave them peace when they were down to 1 island city that was out of my reach (they had Lighthouse on it!!!).

19 turns later they declare war, I get the Romans to join me and Persia gets destroyed by Rome in the year 300 AD.

In the year 2005, France refuses to deal Spices for 177 Gold per turn because of my well-known betrayal of the Persians!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. allhailIndia

allhailIndia Deity

I had relocated my palace to a nice central location to minimize corruption when I got the message that one of my more distant cities had built one.... God Bless Autosave:D

6. Lt. 'Killer' M.

Lt. 'Killer' M. Deity

from allhailindias sig:

Inder, no more Kinder. (Multiple meanings, all intended)

:lol: the original was one of the most stupid and :crazyeye: things in recent German politics - so i guess it fits this thread :lol:

7. allhailIndia

allhailIndia Deity

Finally, someone noticed it:)

8. LouisJared

LouisJared Chieftain

I once moved up a load of tanks to attack an english city that only had pikemen in it. with my destroyer I saw them move no less than 10 ironclads(their entire fleet!) into the city on their go, and I went in and destroyed em all when I took the city easily the next go! The funny thing is I only had the one ship up that way to take them all on!! stupid AI!

9. Heffalump

Heffalump Proboscidea Heffalumpus

In my very first game I had some confusion with the graphics.

I built a VERY LONG road to a bunch of cows :confused: and spent turns wondering why I still couldn't build my mounted units... :lol:

10. Creepster

Creepster Silent Service

The stupidist thing I have done recently (There are so many choices over the years;) ) is to get too aggressive in attacking with my Armies. I had two Armies attack a city and destroy it. Instead of keeping one near full strength I attacked with them, until they were down to 2 & 4 health points each (They had four tanks in each Army). I then ended the turn, not expecting the AI to attack my Armies. I lost both of them to two tanks who had no problems destroying them. :o

It was an expensive lesson and cost me several turns before I was able to make them pay for that. :goodjob:

11. cat98

cat98 Pharaoh

Ouch... That would deserve payment!

My newest game:

I am hapily building on the worlds largest peninsulla when the aztecs declare war over a single gold piece. They then proceed to send in the troops. Only the problem was that I only had two citys near them, so all of my defences were located there...

And another one down and another one down and another one bites the dust!

Because of this war I got my golden age, and the war ended because I attacked and razed a single border city!

12. sgrig

sgrig Comrade

I was once playing the game at about 3am, so my head wasn't very clear. I just signed a peace treaty with the Persians and lots of trade agreements as well, but then I moved my destroyer and accidentally bumped into a Persian ironclad. When the military advisor asked me if wanted to declare war on the Persians, I accidentally clicked "let's destroy the scum"! :crazyeye: The worst thing was that in about 3 turns time I built the UN, and there was a vote... I lost to the Persians 1-4 !! :eek: (I guess my reputation was fully ruined) Luckily I had an autosave...

13. Tassadar

Tassadar Master

Did you get cowriding technology?:)

14. pilferman

pilferman Steve McQueen as Bullitt

In my very first Civ 3 game, I was going to destroy the Aztecs with (what I thought was) a large army. I built about 30 catapults and started moving them toward the Aztecs then I hit my first obstacle; I couldn't cross mountains. I solved that problem and brought the catapults (stacked) within one square of Tenochtitlan. It was then that a single Aztec warrior captured my catapults.

Needless to say, I wasn't happy. I just figured they would play the same way as they had in previous Civ games. I was wrong.

15. Dell19

Dell19 Take a break

Someone didn't read the manual...

16. Chingis Khan

Chingis Khan Scourge Of The World

I once started a game with the Persians. Thought I was a badazz so I started wars with everyone I met, thinking it would slow down their growth so I could take them all one by one. By 1000BC I was at war with 8 other civs!!! Hehehe. By 10AD the glorious Persian Empire was no more....:lol: Didn't even take one city from anybody either. :lol:

17. Evincar

Evincar Iron works is a legend!!

This has just happened me;

Germans declare war on me. I defend myself then raze one of their cities. I got 3 techs in exchange of peace. About ten turns later, Germany demands tribute :confused: . I refuse and they declare war on me. Ten turns later, they sign a MA with the English VS me. The very next turn, they sue for peace :crazyeyes: of course Elizabeth accepted peace, giving me some gold :lol:

18. friedmad

friedmad Civaholic

on the standard size Earth scenario, one of the starting locations (i think its southeast asia) is within 3 squares of a barbarian camp. the quickest a defending unit can be built is 3 turns. 2 turns to go to build my first unit my town gets attacked by a marauding warrior and wipes out production or takes all 10 of my starting gold. no defense against it.
    oh, and i always seem to start there.

19. Bamspeedy

Bamspeedy CheeseBob

1. Have a revolution during my golden age! I forgot I was in my golden age and Anarchy lasted 5-6 turns :mad: . It was a HoF game, so I didn't reload.

2. I got so used to playing expansionists civs, that when I finally did play a non-expansionists civ I sent my first warrior out to grab a nearby goody hut. Of course, I got barbarians that killed my worker and stole all my gold :mad: .

3. Right-clicked to hurry a temple, drafted citizens instead.

4. Declared war on the Aztecs since they wouldn't give me a city to avoid peace. I lost 3-4 cities that I had just demanded from other civs and had no defenders in them. Dang jaguar warriors! :mad:

5. Lost 2 of my 7 cities to Zulu culture! (ok, this one isn't so bad, since it was Deity).

6. First game on Emperor- An American scout was right next to my warrior. Declared war and killed it. Lincoln wouldn't EVER sign peace unless I gave him my only city.

7. I conquered a continent that represented over 50% of the entire land area on the entire map. Had everything railroaded and hundreds of tanks. Greece declares war and dumps a single longbowman on my shores.

8. AI respawning. It gets really bad when they respawn on the other side of the world. Me and Russia started next to each other on a pangea map and there was a bottleneck that connected us to the rest of the world. So I sealed off the bottleneck, so Russia doesn't have contact with anyone else. Destroy Moscow. Moscow resettled on the other side of the world, only about 7 tiles from an English city, so will have contact with the rest of the world in a few turns, and my reputation will be history. :mad:

20. saintides

saintides Chieftain

My first game I made roads to the cows too, thinking they were horses. Glad I wasn't the only one.

Silliest thing I see:
    Is when I do a culture victory or a un victory and it looks like a big loveathong. Hearts and kisses everywhere, it's disgusting! Sure, the dudes that got killed look all messed up and that's kind of cool. The whole thing looks like a big org .... uhh, nevermind.

It's just a plain silly thing to look at after you won the game.