Simple map of Great Britain and Ireland (Huge)

Feet

Warlord
THIS IS NOT A FINISHED MAP. I DO NOT RECOMMEND YOU PLAY THIS AS AN ACTUAL SCENARIO IN ITS CURRENT STATE.

Please find attached a very simple WBS of Great Britain and Ireland, and the accompanying BMPs I used to create it with the BMP to WBS converter utility.

It's very simple in that I have not placed in any defining features except for the mountain ranges in Scotland and Wales. Apart from that it's grassland as far as the eye can see, no trees, no resources. Nothing. Nowt. Zip.

The reason I'm posting this is so people can see how easy it is to create maps. Included is a BMP screenshot I took from Google Earth then resized. The height terrain BMP I made from it, and the terrain BMP(and yes it is meant to be all green). The WBS file is those 2 BMPs converted. It took me mabe 1 or 2 hours to make.

If people want to use these to make their own scenario, feel free I don't intend to do anything further with these files. :)

Enjoy. Or not as the case maybe.

Attachments

• GBmapv02.zip
    76.7 KB · Views: 1,092
DeathReborn said:
Cool, now all we need is the home countries as Civ's in a MOD and it'd be awesome.

Woah that's a great idea. I bagsy Scotland! :p

Go for it dude! Feel free to use the map, or if you find it too big, make your own to your own specifications.

As PeeJay2K2 stated, you might want to add some hills here and there, and on the various scottish islands as most of them are hilly indeed.
Nice work anyway, any luck this will end in a Britannia-like mod?

Not from me it won't. I'm busy with another fantasy based mod right now (see my sig). If anyone else wants to take the map and make it into something decent (which I fully realise it's not) then go for it.

Hmm.. looks abit.. barren without any trees... Oh well, guess I have to put them there myself, or just stick to it as it is. *shrugs*

Nice map tough. :)

Top Bottom