Simultaneous Turns

Icenor

Chieftain
Can someone give me a proper explanation on how simultaneous turns works?

I'm amazed I'm not able to find this information anywhere. It's like everyone else was born with this knowledge encoded into their DNA...

The thing I'm most curios about is how combat is resolved in Civ V... Let's say in the first round two archers from opposing civilizations move into missile range of each other, but nobody has any movement points to fire. What happens the next round? How does the game resolve who gets to fire first?

What if two different civilizations complete the same unique wonder at the same turn. Who gets to keep it?

On the archer example, Whoever has the fastest computer.
I made a thread about simultaneous turns in combat, I do not like it at all but I suppose it's for the better overall.

While I think simultaneous turns are great for speeding up the multiplayer experience, there are some obvious issues. I don't know how they are handled now, but I have some ideas:

- about the archer example, this solution is not perfect, but could it work better than no solution at all: When playing simultaneous turn multi, after attacking a player you couldn't attack the same player again on the same turn unless he attacks you or ends his turn.

Then no-one could spam all attacks quickly just by having a faster computer (fastest computer player would still get the first attack though).

- About the wonders, I think this could be easily settled by comparing various attributes. If the wonder produces happiness for example, the player who has the most happiness before constructing the wonder, would get it. Fair? I think so.

I know neither of the solutions I presented are perfect and I have no idea how these situations are handled now in Civ5, but just thought to throw some ideas :)

- about the archer example, this solution is not perfect, but could it work better than no solution at all: When playing simultaneous turn multi, after attacking a player you couldn't attack the same player again on the same turn unless he attacks you or ends his turn.

Then no-one could spam all attacks quickly just by having a faster computer (fastest computer player would still get the first attack though).

i like this enough

Top Bottom