Since I'm not supposed to reply in the who uses BUG thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Zath

Prince
1. What is SVN? I've asked before, but never got an answer.

2. How do I use it? I can't find any documentation on the download site.

3. Is BAT available for 3.13? If so, how do I download it? Can it be installed as a MOD (BUG is installed as a mod in my game)?

4. Thank you!

5. Is the SVN version stable/final or unstable/experimental/alpha/beta/whatever?

6. What version should one get, the latest "official" (BUGMod_220.zip) or the SVN version?

7. Why are the City Bars so wide? It's really ugly.

re the above ...
  1. I don't know what it stands for but it contains the very latest version of the mod. We use it to keep everyone up to date.
  2. Check this thread
  3. Not sure - think NOT. There were issues with BAT - not sure if they got resolved. I work on BUG :D
  4. You are welcome
  5. It is the latest version but could contain bugs - use at your peril / leisure / desire - if you notice bugs, please let us know including the version number (info provided by SVN when you get an update)
  6. up to you. v2.2 is stable, SVN is the very latest
  7. Don't know. Did we do this? I seem to remember something about that but not sure.

Thanks for the replies. The city bar was mentioned before, and that was just a problem with the original mod itself, not the BUG mod (BUG is a collection of mods as well as original stuff). I think the last word on the city bar issue was "get over it" because it couldn't be fixed.

If I have BUG installed already, do I need to do an uninstall and then reinstall for the SVN thing?

re the above ...
  1. I don't know what it stands for but it contains the very latest version of the mod. We use it to keep everyone up to date.
  2. Check this thread
  3. Not sure - think NOT. There were issues with BAT - not sure if they got resolved. I work on BUG :D
  4. You are welcome
  5. It is the latest version but could contain bugs - use at your peril / leisure / desire - if you notice bugs, please let us know including the version number (info provided by SVN when you get an update)
  6. up to you. v2.2 is stable, SVN is the very latest
  7. Don't know. Did we do this? I seem to remember something about that but not sure.

If I have BUG installed already, do I need to do an uninstall and then reinstall for the SVN thing?
No. Just set up a folder that the SVN will replicate to ... I would suggest that you make it different from your customassets folder. I use 'beyond compare' to compare my current customassets to the SVN folder so that I can highlight what has changed and copy files between the two.

ok that makes sense. It could even be a temp folder or something, then. And once it updates, I then copy over the files and overwrite the existing files in my mod's assets folder (or customassets if installed directly into civ), right?

Yes. However, the SVN linkage (or it could be the tortoise software) does put little files in the linked directory so don't copy those. I'm assuming that these files are to help the software know what to update.

Found the follow in the BUG Readme.rtf:

Note: The Asioasioasio’s Wide Citybar mod can’t be removed using the Option Screen (Alt-Ctrl-O). If you want to remove it, simply delete the "CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Citybar" folder.

What else does this Asioasioasio’s Wide Citybar mod do? Because if all it does is widen the city bar, then deleting CustomAssets\Art\Interface\Citybar is the solution for me. (I couldn't make any sense out of the files in that directory, so I take it they are simply placeholder graphics.)

I grabbed BAT from SVN a couple weeks ago, and I haven't had a single problem. I'm really happy with it. I dunno why you guys don't just zip it up and put it up as a beta.

Question: will Bhruic's supplementary patch be merged with BAT at some point? Is it already?

The citybar was added because we have a large base of users with foreign languages. However, sometimes things translate differently, and take up more space then provided in the standard city bar.

Again, I've been waiting for someone to make it run in customassets. Also, the version of BAT up there is about 2 months old or so, and several of the mods in it have been updated. There were several complaints from others in the BUG Team about having it as a Mod as opposed in the CustomAssets folder, so a beta was never put up.

Buruic's patch will never be added to BAT because it's has a .DLL file. We agreed early on to not add any .DLL changes. It should merge together without a hitch though.

The BAT on the SVN works perfectly with 3.13, and IIRC in MultiPlayer as well.

Buruic's patch will never be added to BAT because it's has a .DLL file. We agreed early on to not add any .DLL changes. It should merge together without a hitch though.
I meant the supplementary patch, which a few XML files. A couple of these overwrite BAT files.

Meh for people using non-English languages in computing. Ruins it for everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom