Single/Multiplayer VP Pack + Make Your Own Modpack + Lag/Stability/Crash Fixes + Dedicated Server Fix

As far as I'm aware they all mean the same thing. Desyncs are common place in multiplayer, mine are about every 10 turns, it's pretty random how often you get them. I had desyncs crazy one game and then later on they reduced almost entirely.

let me know if you find any secret settings to reduce : P

let me know if you find any secret settings to reduce : P
I've encountered a message somewhere (Adan maybe) about mods placements, this might help with the desyncs. If we are using mods on top of VP, we could theoretically organize them using requirements on the .modlist file. essentially organizing and loading them in order. I haven't tested out this method yet. But it might be a step in the right direction. Adan tried loading the mods one by one if I remembered. But I haven't seen him around since his laptop is in maintenance so I haven't asked him about it yet.

using the modpack you will have to clear the cache manually between updates

delete everything in this folder on all PCs playing and retry

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

I have not yet tested this modpack, still using the version before atm, with 4uc, having no problems

Nope :( We've deleted cache and disabled lua hooks. CTD at the same time. If anyone is planning a multiplayer session using this modpack, please try to load the save included on Github and let me know if it's failing for you too.

Nope :( We've deleted cache and disabled lua hooks. CTD at the same time. If anyone is planning a multiplayer session using this modpack, please try to load the save included on Github and let me know if it's failing for you too.

hi there, I have created a mod pack without 3/4UC, give it a go! =)

Thanks a lot for this! It works great.

One question, is there any way to add extra players to a game? (e.g Standard size but 10 players instead of 8)

There should be an add player/civ button somewhere in the menus of the lobby or match settings

It's not there in multiplayer iirc, gotta change the standard amount of players on a map in the override.

AI turns seemed to get stuck or hang far more often

I have completed games on pre defined teams so it is still playable

Anything to do to prevent AI turns to get stuck ? For me it is the main problem :(
I don't remember that I had the problem in older version.

Thx !

Yeh this version seems to get stuck sometimes, i don't think there is much can do about it.

could try turning barbarians and/or city states off, as it seems to get stuck on them more often

Hey thanks for the modpack! Really looking forward to continuing the civ V vox pop dream.

However, I seem to encounter a problem in the late game. I was playing large map size (10 players), then it stopped loading and hung at around turn 300 (Information era). After that, I couldn't load up both the manually saved games as well as the autosaves. Anyone has any information regarding to these sort of crashes and how to avoid it in the future? I'm currently just playing the vox populi modpack itself without any additional mods. Thanks a bunch!

Hey thanks for the modpack! Really looking forward to continuing the civ V vox pop dream.

However, I seem to encounter a problem in the late game. I was playing large map size (10 players), then it stopped loading and hung at around turn 300 (Information era). After that, I couldn't load up both the manually saved games as well as the autosaves. Anyone has any information regarding to these sort of crashes and how to avoid it in the future? I'm currently just playing the vox populi modpack itself without any additional mods. Thanks a bunch!

If it hangs it will probably still load eventually you just have to wait, can be a very long time. When reloading a save, if it doesn't crash, it is probably still loading and you just have to wait, can be a long time. This current version is hanging on AI turns and waiting is all you can do.

added pitboss dedicated server fix, and a few others.

if you have any technical problems please feel free to ask here for help

Hey, I have played 3-person multiplayer with my friends lately. One of them decided not to build a city in turn 0 but in turn 1 and then our game crashed after like 50 turns. I wanted to figure out why and I saw that the game didn't recognize his capital as the true one, but as a conquered one (you know, the star was a bit transparent). He didn't receive Court Chapel and Royal Guardhouse, as the game didn't know it's his capital. The game crashed when he took the third policy, which was supposed to give the Royal Guardhouse, I mean at the end of the turn. Another AI with tradition ideas got those buildings, so the issue was clearly not caused by policies, but rather by 'lack of the capital'.

Top Bottom