Single/Multiplayer VP Pack + Make Your Own Modpack + Lag/Stability/Crash Fixes + Dedicated Server Fix

brutalz

Warlord
Heyo

I've created a simple single/multiplayer VP pack - it works for both!
Make your own with instructions below.

v3.10.14 with hook stability

Multiplayer is unstable, if you are using other mods ontop of VP, likely will cause more instability,
You will de sync a lot, there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it, also Firaxis will not release the multiplayer code for it!
The best solution is to have everyone on befy computers so the desync is quick.
I also play with no events, and turning barbs off might help too!

Please report crashes to the github bug page, help fix stability! =)
(you will need to enable logging in the config file)
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/bug-reports--please-read.566461/

How to install multiplayer packs: https://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/How_to_Install_the_Modpack

using the modpack you will have to clear the cache manually between updates

delete everything in this folder before launching

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

TO USE COMMUNITAS MAP SCRIPT - MAP SCRIPT DESIGNED FOR VP

copy the map scripts from here

steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC\MP_MODSPACK\Mods\(1) Community Patch (v 94)\Mapscripts

and move them here

steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\Maps

HOW TO MAKE YOUR OWN MODPACK

1. Download file at the bottom of the first post in this link and put in mods folder

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/mpmpm-multiplayer-mod-dlc-hack-updated.533238/

2. Follow this guide

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=361391109

3. Fix the missing info tabs

Navigate to MP_MODSPACK/Mods/(1) Community Patch (v94)/Core Files/CoreLua and delete the InGame.lua file in that destination.

4. Add EUI to the modpack (if you have installed EUI version)

I use the version from the installer, it should be in your DLC folder after a VP EUI auto installer exe. EUI is the UI_bc1 folder.
Drag the folder from DLC into your modpack folder.
Drag VPUI to modpack folder.

5. Delete UI_bc1 from DLC folder, make sure its in the modpack folder.
voila!

Pitboss Dedicated Server Fix

to fix the missing dll problems or no launch

navigate to sdk folders and open the dedicated server folder

move the civ server exe into the installation folder of civ V and run it

voila :)

make sure server pc has VP modpack with same steps followed

---->guide to actually set the server up<----

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?272271-Pitboss-Instructions

Lag/Stability/Crash Fixes

Network Adapter Settings to reduce lag

Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections - Ethernet - Properties

QoS Packet Scheduler disabled (default is enabled)

Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) disabled (default is enabled)

Control Panel - Network and Internet - Network Connections - Ethernet - Properties - Configure - Advanced

Large Send Offload (IPv4) disabled (default is enabled)

Make sure CIV5 is allowed through windows firewall, tick all the boxes for all the CIV5 instances on the right hand side! (double check the firewall after playing a multiplayer match of civ5 for a bit cos I had more CIV5 apps show up in the firewall that needed ticking) :crazyeye:

Have wired connection if possible

Possible Multiplayer Stability

1. Make a game, save, back out immediately, then host a loaded game for people to join the AI teams,

Loading a game with the host and letting people join as the AI on turn 0
Thx Bart_Thievescant

2. The game appeared to have desynced while making random civilization selection at the beginning of the game. You could try working around the issue by specifically selecting a civilization for every player rather than taking random civ.
3. If available the map option "Override AssignStartingPlots" should be set to "No".

Possible Crash Fixes

Fullscreen mode

GPU decode off

Turn leader quality to minimum

when I had a unpassable crash turn in multiplayer, I loaded the game and swapped to my friends civ and loaded in on my own, I waited until everything loaded, the AI were apparently taking there turn at the same time I was and could not press end turn, I just waited and waited minutes clicking on things and stuff, and then it just let me eventually, the AIs turns somehow completed and it stopped bugging out, and I could then end my turn, I played a few more turns to make sure and then saved 6 turns after the glitch. Reloaded and swapped back to my civ and worked again.

reloaded a 2 hour earlier save, then immediately load a original save and this time I got in.

Core Stability Fix

Hey all,

important information for everybody experiencing sporadic late-game crashes. Those are mostly due to lua hooks being called from the game core. On the other hand if you are not using any additional modmods, those lua hooks are actually not needed.

So there is an option to turn them off. Take a look into "(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Tables\CustomModOptions.xml" and set CORE_DISABLE_LUA_HOOKS to 1.

That is all, and you even get a little performance boost on top. Please document your experience, if everybody ends up playing without we could even make it the default.

Thx ilteroi

Increase your virtual memory on your OS harddrive - I dont know if this will affect CIV5 but I definitley know that it helps with other games, and is required at least 16gb for some games I play otherwise it will crash (Boneworks, COD battle royal) so there is a chance is does help

If available the map option "Override AssignStartingPlots" should be set to "No"

Possible Misc Fixes

don't play hybrid mode, i think its bugged

playing on pre defined teams maybe buggy

change host

Last edited:
Do you get any crashes? I'm building modpack with a few more mods (3,4 component, naval warfare, more wonders for VP and Unique City States) and all the mods work together when played with through MODS menu but the modpack I build crashes.

Do you get any crashes? I'm building modpack with a few more mods (3,4 component, naval warfare, more wonders for VP and Unique City States) and all the mods work together when played with through MODS menu but the modpack I build crashes.

Can you successfully build a base VP modpack? If you can then you should just try making a pack adding each additional mod at a time until you find what's causing your crash.

I've been able to successfully build a few modpacks on this version now. Sometimes its VP that doesn't want to cooperate, but usually its incompatibilities from the additional mods you add or forgetting a step (e.g. replacing the UI file or deleting it).

I kept it simple because I do experience crashes with more mods packed, I haven't tried going thru one by one to see whats the problem. Very time consuming and your game might break 300turns in and feels like a waste of time.

Yes, going one by one is what I'll ultimately try to do. Just haven't had time for that yet ...

I’m pretty sure there’s a way to automate game testing with firetuner once you make the mod pack. If you want to test one by one it’s probably worth doing it that way.

Ok, so I build around 20 modpacks today adding components 1 by 1 and it turns out "More Wonders for VP" is crashing the game. It breaks even if it is the only mod on top of VP, all others work fine. Notified adan-enslavo already, will post on Github too.

I would still be careful, I thought I had stable modpacks and then they crashed 350+ turns in

I have played with self-created modpacks and no issues for more than a year now (with every new version of VP coming out). Sure, I get occasional crashes - one or two every 500 turn game - but loading autosave was always enough to get over them. This was the first instance in the long time that the modpack is crashing regularly and at the same time. Glad that I figured which component is responsible,now I jsut hope that someone smarter than me can fix that.

This is my first time trying multiplayer on civ5, so I might be missing a few things, but I'm unable to load a hybrid game on local network with two human players and 6 AI players. The game would crash when everybody is ready and the countdown goes to zero.

Tried a game without barbarians, and only 2 AI+2 human players on a small communitu79a1.7.10 map, after suggestions around the forum to turn off barbs. No luck though. Hybrid works when its just us 2 human players though. Had to fallback to sequential mode for now.

Also start bias does not seem to work. I got an inland start as Carthage.

Thanks for making a close to vanilla VP modpack btw.

3rd hotfix for CTD range attacks in

added 3/4UC , if you want vanilla VP without 3/4UC let me know and i'll make it

You got a link JohnnyNT for your modpack?
Sorry, I missed your post, don;t visit the forums too often these days.

3rd hotfix for CTD range attacks in

added 3/4UC , if you want vanilla VP without 3/4UC let me know and i'll make it

I have created a new 12-1-3 modpack with 3/4 UC, Enhanced Naval and Air Warfare, More Wonder for VP and Unique City states. When starting the game, no luxuries spawn on the map. Playing with the same set of mods through mods menu works just fine, have you encountered something similar?

I am getting luxury resources with the mod pack I posted

I can't really be of help, I don't play using any other mods atm. try different map scripts maybe?

I'm extremely slowly adding mods on to see stability, going to be testing a bunch of complete games with 3/4uc before adding anything more\

desyncs are fine
desyncs + crashs, drive me cRaZyY

I thank you for making this so i don't have to, but there is a problem with the mod pack with 3rd and 4th uc. For some reason, the lua files for that mod don't get read when in a modpack. It's not a perfect solution, but in order to fix it I've copied and pasted those lua files into other lua files in order for the code to be read. And the reason i use multiple files rather then sticking them all in one is it tends to not like that and starts breaking in other ways. I put the majority of the files in the unit panel lua, and the rest in the eui lua i believe? I don't know if something else will break down the line, but atm all seems well

using the modpack you will have to clear the cache manually between updates

delete everything in this folder on all PCs playing and retry

Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache

I have not yet tested this modpack, still using the version before atm, with 4uc, having no problems

Last edited:
I am getting luxury resources with the mod pack I posted
desyncs are fine
desyncs + crashs, drive me cRaZyY

Thank you for the latest modpack! I wanna ask. Is desync/resync/reload the same thing or entirely different? Playing the mod pack with my family and reloads frequently starts at 50 rounds for me. It reloads fast but it'll turn up again in 4-5 turns. I'm not entirely sure how modpack works but cache has been deleted, barbarians disabled (we even disabled CS in same cases), and the modpack is put in the right place and I still get reloads. No crashes at all thought. Using this modpack atm. (too lazy to make one myself haha). Keep it up and stay safe!

Top Bottom